• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite D-list Comic Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Really underrated comic, a shame it's going on impossible to find now.

Disgraced

I don't really have any ideas about tiers or what have you, but The Question from JLU is my dawg.

fs14.jpg
The Question is like C or B tier with S tier influence because he's a Ditko design and because Rorschach is the Question. Though my favorite incarnation of the character is the left-wing '80s one and Renee Montoya. The character is underutilized by DC themselves, that's for sure.

LordRaptor

The Question is like C or B tier with S tier influence because he's a Ditko design and because Rorschach is the Question.

Yeah, a Ditko original is never going to be D Tier.

Like, even relatively obscure characters like Beautiful Dreamer or Kamandi are never going to be D tier because they were created by the goddamn King.

Mulgrok

Would Squirrel Girl count as a d-lister? She was a regular during one of the Spider-man cartoons, and recently got a push in the comics though.

..huh. Would Shulkie be a C or D lister?

Would Squirrel Girl count as a d-lister? She was a regular during one of the Spider-man cartoons, and recently got a push in the comics though.

Doreen is S-list.

(S is for squirrel)

Captain Britain, on the other hand...

Anung

Un Rama
Always had a soft spot for that weird mutant that's mutant powers was mouths on her neck. Can't remember her name.

How about the guy that spiderman could never beat and drove him so frustrated spidey made a personal vendetta against him though he didn't do anything wrong at the time.

ACE
f02y3Cqh.jpg

Flavius

The Question is like C or B tier with S tier influence because he's a Ditko design and because Rorschach is the Question. Though my favorite incarnation of the character is the left-wing '80s one and Renee Montoya. The character is underutilized by DC themselves, that's for sure.

Denny O'Neil's series? Good taste...one of my favorite runs.

I always had a soft spot for Forge, despite the fact that he was a pretty ridiculous character. A mutant with the ability to make basically anything? Sure, why not? I stopped reading in the early 90's, so it's possible he's jumped a tier or two since then.

Animal Man might slot in there, too. Morrison's Animal Man series was a truly fantastic book. I know people dig Morrison's Batman work, but I think it's really uneven...particularly later arcs. If you want some truly special stuff, go seek out Animal Man.

Matty77

My personal favorite nobodies on the "good side" no matter how shitty the concept or books were is the new universe collective D.P.7. Any story arc or group of seven, always liked that series.

gabbo

Cassandra Cain(Batgirl, Black Bat, Orphan)

Might be B/C-tier but DC sure treats her like she is F-tier.

Wild Dog

Thanks to season 5 of Arrow.

Holy shit. I have an issue or two of that character that came with a comic starter kit from when I was a kid. he's in the arrowverse now?
My pick, at least until a few years ago when Jeff Lemire took over would have been Animal Man-post Morrison run.

Sojgat

3898400-02.jpg

Travis Clevenger is a disgraced cop, who specializes in tracking metahuman criminals. Think Conan with the intellect of Hannibal Lecter.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Atomic Robo. The sentient robot son/heir to Tesla who fights nazis, dinosaurs, russians, russian-dino-nazis, and every other science/mystery thing while trying to stark/wayne the technology industry with his father's legacy into the modern age.

220px-Atomicrobo.jpg

It's got pretty great humor and is self aware of how unscientific mystery comics are often calling out the impossibility of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom