• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

No one thought to tell Chris they were going to trade the guy? How stupid. But of course it all works out because Connor and co acted like idiots. One person with a gun would have ruined that plan.
Lack of communication between the protagonists is a mainstay of TWD writing.

Great few episodes, IMO. I'm thankful for a full season versus the 6 episodes we got last year.

My only problem with Alex being a villain is that I find her far less annoying than half of the protagonists.

A good villain shouldn't be annoying to watch. They should be compelling. Given her interaction with the cast I feel that she is going to make a great villain or at the least a fantastic rival/antihero.

No one thought to tell Chris they were going to trade the guy? How stupid. But of course it all works out because Connor and co acted like idiots. One person with a gun would have ruined that plan.

To be fair, the deal was just done. There was no time to tell him that a deal was made. Plus I think it's pretty clear he was leverage to hold on to and if he really did think he was going to turn, the leverage could be viewed as useless. If he didn't really care about him turning and just wanted to kill him in cold blood, then it's clear he's going through a mental breakdown and borderline psychotic and telling him would have made no difference anyway.

Red Mage

A good villain shouldn't be annoying to watch. They should be compelling. Given her interaction with the cast I feel that she is going to make a great villain or at the least a fantastic rival/antihero.

Yeah, but by annoying I mean"want them to die." Seriously, I can sympathize with her more than Chris, Madison, or Alison.

Yeah, but by annoying I mean"want them to die." Seriously, I can sympathize with her more than Chris, Madison, or Alison.

Madison has her moments, but only when she shows how dark she can really go. Which isn't frequent, but... take one of her kids away...

Which brings me to Alicia. Kill her. No Walker reanimation either.

Chris has potential to be a great psychotic mess and I hope they keep thrusting him into situations where he has to kill defenseless people. His descent into madness would be much more interesting than what they're doing with Daniel which will most likely turn out to just be some PTSD.

Another solid episode. I knew we'd see Alex on Connor's boat.

Hm?

Of course not. Not only is she a part of the main cast this season, but she's also the sole reason for the existence of those airplane minisodes.

Comic Spoilers
After trying to get revenge for Abraham's arrow through the eye death Holly drives a truck into the Savior compound is taken hostage and is later used to exchange for Rick's cooperation when Denise (doctor chick) lifts the bag and it's revelaed she has turned and bites Denise on the arm which she later dies from. She does not amputate due to saving Heath's life who ended up being attacked otherwise during this ordeal.Claiming she'll need use of both hands to operate.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Comic Spoilers
After trying to get revenge for Abraham's arrow through the eye death Holly drives a truck into the Savior compound is taken hostage and is later used to exchange for Rick's cooperation when Denise (doctor chick) lifts the bag and it's revelaed she has turned and bites Denise on the arm which she later dies from. She does not amputate due to saving Heath's life who ended up being attacked otherwise during this ordeal.Claiming she'll need use of both hands to operate.

Oh right, I had forgotten about that! If you notice any other comic callbacks, be sure to post about them :)

Ovid

Chris is the fucking worst. Man, that kid is fuck up in the head. It's one stupid thing after another with him.

I hope Alex doesn't turn out to be a villain.

Also, I didn't realize Reed was the singer Jesse McCartney.

Nameless

Chris is the fucking worst. Man, that kid is fuck up in the head. It's one stupid thing after another with him.

I hope Alex doesn't turn out to be a villain.

Also, I didn't realize Reed was the singer Jesse McCartney.

Chris is a complete loose cannon if not a burgeoning sociopath. It's like seeing what Season 3 Carl would have become if he didn't have a halfway stable group and a father who commanded his respect.

Chris is a complete loose cannon if not a burgeoning sociopath. It's like seeing what Season 3 Carl would have become if he didn't have a halfway stable group and a father who commanded his respect.

I'm pretty sure he's way beyond Carl territory. Chris is in "look at the flowers" land.

Ovid

They need to keep Chris at arms length at all times now.

Yeah, I never thought about comparing him to Carl though. Makes sense.

yeah i'm pretty sure he's gonna snap real bad soon.

That hostage transfer would have turned out ugly if they actually wanted to see if Reed was okay.

I honestly don't understand some people's complaints about the show it's like they never watched Season 2 of the main show lol but yeah definately picking up the pace and loving it.

It is all subjective, but I would take season 2 of the main show over this. Maybe as a former comic reader I cared about those characters, but so far on FTWD (I can't believe I'm saying this) Nick is now the only one I sort of care about. I don't expect great TV here (this is pure bubble gum entertainment at it's best), but at least I want something I can invest in. So far pretty much nothing.

At last count FTWD has dropped 50% of it's viewers from last year, and I hope it continues to drop, and forces the show runners to rethink their direction.

Jobbs

Banned
  • Nick is nearly the only reason to watch the show. He's charismatic and interesting. He's the main attraction.
  • Madison is an annoying idiot.
  • Chris is less annoying but still annoying
  • Travis is mostly tolerable
  • Ofelia is ok
  • Salazar I hated at first but I'm okay with him now, at least he doesn't constantly do stupid shit
  • Same for Strand
  • Alicia's a dumbass, or at least the victim of dumbass television writing. Boy who worked with the badguys to trick me and capture my family.. has displayed no positive personality qualities and has only acted like an idiot/possible psychopath... but.. longing stares and implied deep connection for no reason other than television writers...
I also don't understand why people are really bad at not getting eaten by slow ass zombies whenever it's convenient for the plot. If a zombie stumbles at you, run back the other way. Standing there and slowly getting eaten is not a good choice.

Fear the Walking Dead is losing me this season. I am losing interest in the show when I love season 1. All this boat stuff is completely boring IMO

Last two episodes have been some of their best. Conflict makes things more interesting. I'm a little surprised they wrapped it up as quickly as they did, though I suspect we haven't seen the last of Jack and the airplane chick. That being said, the airplane chick requesting Travis be captured made zero sense.

cacildo

You know when you complain about a tv show and the loyal viewers say "lol see you next week"

Yeah sorry guys but it seems i really wont be watching a single episode of this second season.

The first season was awful and i see you guys saying this one may be even worst.

You know when you complain about a tv show and the loyal viewers say "lol see you next week"

Yeah sorry guys but it seems i really wont be watching a single episode of this second season.

The first season was awful and i see you guys saying this one may be even worst.

K, BYE!

After the first episode this season it really picked up quick see you Sunday! lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode of the half season airs tonight!

Sicut Cervus

Conflict erupts in a final push to Strand's destination; and Chris makes a decision that shakes the family. Meanwhile, Nick meets a new maternal figure.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Mercedes Mason (Ofelia)
Jim Gaffigan (actor, comedian)
...and a surprise cast member!

Top Bottom