• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

Zoe

The zombies were eating something before Celia was even locked in the cage; I didn't see any evidence they were specifically eating Celia.

Also luis isn't there.

The camera centered in on him eating fresh meat.

And Talking Dead confirmed it.

riotous

Banned
The camera centered in on him eating fresh meat.

They don't center on any zombie during the Daniel scene; they show Luis twice during the Celia being locked up scene.

He's on the right side in a dark blue suit. Show a close-up of him eating, then another.

Fast forward to the Daniel scene; no guy in a dark blue suit and no real evidence of Celia.

"Fresh meat"? lol.. they are eating meat in the scene where Celia is locked up and they only show them still eating from afar during the Daniel scene.

And Talking Dead confirmed it.

I don't watch that show; since when did they reveal spoilers for incredibly vague deaths?

I'm always a believer of the on screen death as being mandatory.

I would imagine there might have been a secret exit that Celia could have used. I think Daniels a goner though. He was losing it anyway.

I'm always a believer of the on screen death as being mandatory.

I would imagine there might have been a secret exit that Celia could have used. I think Daniels a goner though. He was losing it anyway.

That possibility came to my mind too. She seemed way too calm when Madison locked her in.

Then again, maybe she just legitimately thought the zombies would recognize her and not hurt her. She's nuts.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Q: Celia has a really interesting reaction to this. She doesn’t seem angry or even scared when she sees what Madison has done.

A: I think she has a half a second of alarm, but she’s a believer, and I think the thing for Celia ultimately is, it’s a little bit disconcerting initially, and this is not the road she thought she was going to go on, at least not this soon. But she quickly recovers. I mean, look, she’s somebody who believes the dead are not dead. She believes it’s just the continued evolution, and she believes it’s natural. So if she truly believes these things, and she does, then she’s better equipped at embracing her own death and her own resurrection as the infected. So it only fazes her for a second, and then she settles into it quite nicely.

Celia got into Nick's head.

Now he's by himself. What the heck is he going to do?
I could actually see him dying when he comes back down and is level headed when everyone is trapped and forced to walk through a herd he instructs everyone that they have to use walker blood to mask themselves and he gets killed during it I could totally see them pulling something like that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
expected either the 14th or this which puts the main show coming back on the 16th of October sucks we got to wait for 3 months though I really have enjoyed this season overall.

I'm curious to know what AMC plans to air in their usual Sunday spot once Preacher ends on July 31. There's a 2 week gap in between Preacher and FtWD and I don't see anything in the pipeline that they could air across those two nights...perhaps an imported 2-4 part miniseries?

Ovid

I could actually see him dying when he comes back down and is level headed when everyone is trapped and forced to walk through a herd he instructs everyone that they have to use walker blood to mask themselves and he gets killed during it I could totally see them pulling something like that.

Yeah, that line about not being able to die makes me think he's definitely going to die.

Is Maddie supposed to be like Rick (leader of the group)? Who is Nick supposed to be?

Amey

Nick in the 2nd half of season
LqWThy.gif

Parch

Probably good that there's a break this season. Not sure I want to keep watching. There are no likeable characters in this show.
Apparently the zombie apocalypse makes everybody stupid and annoying.

Probably good that there's a break this season. Not sure I want to keep watching. There are no likeable characters in this show.
Apparently the zombie apocalypse makes everybody stupid and annoying.
Nick is the only smart one surprisingly, everyone should live in zombie guts.

Bad episode. It's like the writers decided everyone would go crazy without any real setup.

Chris is just plain dumb. Travis, the most normal person out of all of them, just left half his family. And the second most normal person, Nick the Addict, is now off in crazy town too.

Also, this show is really overusing the zombie guts trick. Walking Dead didn't figure this out until season 3, way after civilization fell. FTWD is using it after week 3 of the virus.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also, this show is really overusing the zombie guts trick. Walking Dead didn't figure this out until season 3, way after civilization fell. FTWD is using it after week 3 of the virus.

It was in the second episode of The Walking Dead season one. The episode was titled 'Guts'.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They don't need to use it every episode. It is called Fear The Walking Dead, but no one seemed afraid at all that episode. (especially with the guts)

Doesn't it make sense though? In a world where zombies are constantly trying to eat you, wouldn't you do the one thing that stops them from going after you?

I'm still not sold on this show. I mean, I love zombies, so I'm going to keep watching, but this is like a poorly made copy of the original.

I'm surprised they went with the "let's keep zombies on the farm" bit in S2, just like Hershel's Farm.

And what in all the holy fucks happened to Daniel? Did he stop taking his sane pills? His descent into madness came (at least for me) completely out of the blue.

Nick is ok. Little weird how he keeps finding fresh corpses to lather himself up with but hey, there should be plenty wandering around I guess. He does appear to latch onto some of the strangest people for inspiration. First Strand, then nut-job Celia.

I can see where Chris is lashing out. His mother was shot in the head by his father. He's a teen, doesn't quite get what the fuck is happening to his world, doesn't really like his father's new family, and there's a world full of zombies that need the stabby-stabby. And when the zombies aren't around, well there's the father's new family, in the way again. He's bent, yes, and I actually don't like him as a character, but I can understand the sullen anger driving him.

Travis just appears completely clueless on what to do all the time. He's never in charge of his own life or his own actions. He either follows Madison or chases after his broken son. I feel for him but damn he comes across as weak.

And that's really the problem with this show. They all feel weak as fuck. Strand and Daniel appear to be (or at least to have been, before they got to the farm) the only two equipped with the strength to handle what's going on. Nick has jumped aboard, but if everyone else was bitten on the next episode I'd be fine with that. They've hinted several times that Madison has a violent background and maybe she's gonna wreck some shit, but so far she's incredibly annoying.

And poor Lexa (I don't remember her name on this show). I really wish she'd stayed on The 100 and they'd figured out a way to keep her there. Her Commander character was amazing. She's so underused here it's pathetic.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And what in all the holy fucks happened to Daniel? Did he stop taking his sane pills? His descent into madness came (at least for me) completely out of the blue.

I believe he'd been hearing voices for the better part of the season, so they definitely tried to make it seem like an organic development.

I'm still not sold on this show. I mean, I love zombies, so I'm going to keep watching, but this is like a poorly made copy of the original.

I'm surprised they went with the "let's keep zombies on the farm" bit in S2, just like Hershel's Farm.

Nick is ok. Little weird how he keeps finding fresh corpses to lather himself up with but hey, there should be plenty wandering around I guess. He does appear to latch onto some of the strangest people for inspiration. First Strand, then nut-job Celia.

I can see where Chris is lashing out. His mother was shot in the head by his father. He's a teen, doesn't quite get what the fuck is happening to his world, doesn't really like his father's new family, and there's a world full of zombies that need the stabby-stabby. And when the zombies aren't around, well there's the father's new family, in the way again. He's bent, yes, and I actually don't like him as a character, but I can understand the sullen anger driving him.

Travis just appears completely clueless on what to do all the time. He's never in charge of his own life or his own actions. He either follows Madison or chases after his broken son. I feel for him but damn he comes across as weak.

And that's really the problem with this show. They all feel weak as fuck. Strand and Daniel appear to be (or at least to have been, before they got to the farm) the only two equipped with the strength to handle what's going on. Nick has jumped aboard, but if everyone else was bitten on the next episode I'd be fine with that. They've hinted several times that Madison has a violent background and maybe she's gonna wreck some shit, but so far she's incredibly annoying.

And poor Lexa (I don't remember her name on this show). I really wish she'd stayed on The 100 and they'd figured out a way to keep her there. Her Commander character was amazing. She's so underused here it's pathetic.

The weakness is what's endearing about this show. It's a zombie apocalypse, and with the original show we never really got to see anyone come to grips with that since Rick woke up right in the middle of it.

Not everyone is going to be strong. Hell, MOST people aren't going to be strong. One thing this show has that the original doesn't is a lot more bleeding hearts. It can be argued that outside of Strand, Daniel, and Nick every character is way in over their head, and Daniel should probably be added to that list as he's obviously gone insane.

Razmos

Just caught up, damn Chris is just the most awful character in existence. Not a single redeeming feature. I was totally rooting for Travis to just jam that knife into Chris's skull when he was saying "I'm no good"

His character is like a damn black hole of shitty acting, shitty writing and shitty characterisation that pulls in the rest of the show around it

Daffy Duck

I hate to say this, but after reflecting on how this show ended for the mid season break I have to say it's trash.

I'm just enjoying it at all. I mean Strand is interesting, as is Nick, but I literally couldn't care less about anyone else, I wish Chris would just get eaten.

Is this show being written b humans or do they just have a random script generator spewing out the scripts?

pacman85

His character is like a damn black hole of shitty acting, shitty writing and shitty characterisation that pulls in the rest of the show around it
This x1000. I just can't get over how bad this character is and it's making me not enjoy the rest of the show.

jelly

Did I miss something, why did Travis go out without shoes?

Chris, my god. Die already.

I've warmed to Strand but everyone else is awful. Nick was okay for a bit but wearing thin now.

Lexa, says it all really. Who is she. Wasted.

This show needs the break, hope it gets better.

riotous

Banned
Travis had just gotten out of bed when he set out looking for Chris who had just run off; really weird still to not put shoes on. Was really pointless too since he was given magical feet healing boots that allowed him to sprint after Chris. I guess they did it so that he could get close enough to see Chris but not close enough to catch him quickly.

You really have to wonder what goes on in that writers room. That whole thing was ridiculous; they were gone from dawn until nightfall; how did Chris not lose him? How did Nick catch up to Travis and know where to go? Why did Nick abandon his family with no other info than "ranch is on fire"?

Just got caught up after finally getting caught up on TWD last week.

Overall I liked it, look forward to it returning but Chris....what are they doing with this character? He went from killing walkers, to killing a guy who was suffering, normal shit really. Then suddenly wanting to kill his dad's wife and taking a child hostage? Seems stupid. Hope they kill him off, lol. His downward spiral is also happening too fast, dude is the new Shane without any redeeming qualities and without a progressive, interesting descent into madness.

Surfinn

Just got caught up after finally getting caught up on TWD last week.

Overall I liked it, look forward to it returning but Chris....what are they doing with this character? He went from killing walkers, to killing a guy who was suffering, normal shit really. Then suddenly wanting to kill his dad's wife and taking a child hostage? Seems stupid. Hope they kill him off, lol. His downward spiral is also happening too fast, dude is the new Shane without any redeeming qualities and without a progressive, interesting descent into madness.
Yup this is where I'm at. Chris is a horrible character with no redeeming qualities. Aside from him, the season was pretty good with some really solid moments. Shane was a fantastically realized character with great development. But this shit is hallow and forced. Hopefully the first scene is Chris dying.

Top Bottom