• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

Whats with the owl coin and the owl? Did I miss something? My DVR is acting crazy and a lot of shows I recorded are ruined by artifacting, sort of. Including the last 2 episodes of this show.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think he was taking the knife to protect himself since they lost their weapons, no way he was gonna murder them in their sleep.

Ahahahaha. I love how you're giving him the benefit of the doubt despite 1) him being pissed Madison said one thing and did the other around people that aren't him 2) he was gonna allow the zombie to kill Madison because of #1 and 3) went into her room (and Alicia's by proxy) in the middle of the night after his dad slept with him (*pun not intended*) due to Madison telling his father he was crazy.

Oh and 4) threatened Alicia who say #2 and called him (rightly so) out on that bullshit "OH I FROZE" excuse. To where it's hinted he's gunning for her as well since she told Madison about #4.

5) Picked up a knife and was gonna attack them (and it's clearly framed as that, don't doubt it) before Strand's gunshot on his boyfriend woke them up.

It's clear this point of the season is them Barn/Farming Season 2 and setting Chris up to be Shane to where his dad (or Druggie Depp) has to kill him.

It's kinda sad that they're in season 2 and the writers are already stealing plotlines from TWD. I mean, the Mexican spiritual-mystical vibe is an interesting twist on the rationale for keeping the walkers "alive", but it's still basically the barn. That said, I'll admit it's probably the best episode we've had so far.

So the question with Strand is, has this guy been playing a long con the whole time? Or did he just chicken out about the dying with his lover part? I feel like it must be the latter, because otherwise Strand is a damn good actor. In any case, the mother is not going to be too happy about Strand killing her son (in her eyes). There goes the nice cushy place to ride out the apocalypse at.

Half the people on this cast are having some serious mental issues. Daniel's got some serious PTSD and guilt over all the bad shit he did, Nick is freaking out over owls and now believes the mother is right about the walkers, and Chris is basically having a psychotic break.

Why does the show keep teasing me with somewhat competent characters?
"Remember the girl on the plane that seemed to have a handle on what's going on? She's here! Oh wait, bye."
"Luis is a great shot, I bet he'll stick around for a long time, lol."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was a great episode, even if it was a weird rehash of the Hershel's Farm plot from season 2 of the main show. At least they skipped the Missing Sophia and Wounded Carl parts. :p

BTW, RIP cool sniper guy.

Something tells me that nurse is badass

When she first appeared I thought to myself "She's going to fuck someone up..."

I like the turn they are taking with Chris

he's gonna need to be put down though.

Me too. He's legit creepy - always walking around like he's in a daze, eyes open and never blinking. I hope they don't kill him off him any time soon. He adds a sense of unease that is otherwise lacking in a show about the zombie apocalypse.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was a mixed bag for me. There are some good setups like Chris' storyline, but then some awful ones like the cellar full of zombies. The latter is just way too reminiscent of Walking Dead S2. But I'll see where they go with it since these people were purposely killed.

I can't side with Chris, he has been off this entire season. I don't know what he was planning, but sneaking into people's rooms in the middle of the night and grabbing the knife on their nightstand isn't exactly a way to build trust. And he did just sit there and watch Madison almost get killed, the person who he just recently found out didn't trust him as much as they claimed to.

MrBS

Time to post again seeing as this isn't a 'lol shit see you next week' post :p

I'm liking the dark turn. I wonder if we'll get a ridiculous 'who dies?!' finale next week.

randome

Why does the show keep teasing me with somewhat competent characters?
"Remember the girl on the plane that seemed to have a handle on what's going on? She's here! Oh wait, bye."
"Luis is a great shot, I bet he'll stick around for a long time, lol."

Which girl on what plane?

I.... Want Chris to stay. Sure he's getting to Shane stages of crazy but it makes things more interesting for me. I'm thinking they turn Chris into their Carol down the line.

This group is going to need killers and that's probably going to be Nick and Chris. Two dudes who really hated the world before the apocalypse and are now finding their own use in the apocalypse. Nick is the total opposite of Chris. Nick might turn into this groups Glenn or Daryl.

Also, Cecilia, these folks are dead yo. They ain't alive alive nor are they the next evolution of mankind. Them zombies finna break the damn bars somehow and overrun them or somebody is going to release them.

Mega

Banned
Best episode of the show yet? I don't mind that they rehashed TWD S02 for a single episode. That season is really slow and dull. FTWD did it better.

I thought that was a great episode, even if it was a weird rehash of the Hershel's Farm plot from season 2 of the main show. At least they skipped the Missing Sophia and Wounded Carl parts. :p

BTW, RIP cool sniper guy.

Tom Abigail was basically both: initially missing (Sophia) and then wounded (Carl).

In answering an earlier post, I don't think Abigail got bit on purpose. It looks like it was an accident from when he went to talk down the angry parishioners (on their way to attack Celia's estate?). They died, turned quickly and swarmed him before he got away.

I think Chris has earned his stay on the show until at least the complete season ending. His psychotic turn is a nice twist and too interesting to end in the next episode.

Leeness

Also, Cecilia, these folks are dead yo. They ain't alive alive nor are they the next evolution of mankind. Them zombies finna break the damn bars somehow and overrun them or somebody is going to release them.

I kind of want her to get a comic book death.

Comic spoilers for a comic death
Carol's manner of comic death would kind of be fitting for Cecilia in a "the dead want me to join them I am become one with them~~~" kind of way.

jay23

So did they hint as to why Celia poisoned all those people at the church?

That's what Daniel accused her of I think

~Kinggi~

Banned
I was really liking this episode until it became clear its just a straight rip from WD s2....and this is s2 here. Would be hilarious if they just format the show by taking the story beats from the main series. Also everyones IQ suddenly dropped a fuck ton all of a sudden.

When I saw the churchgoers with blood coming from their eyes I thought this was like the infection in the prison on TWD. I was hoping we might learn more about that, because it seemed like the zombie outbreak was something that started in other animals and jumped to humans. But no, just another person who wants to keep zombies around as la familia.

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but she's obviously a true believer. She does seem to have some ability to see into people though, like how she told Daniel he needs to let go of all the dead people.

Jobbs

Banned
  • Chris going full look at the flowers is entertaining. You know where this is headed, though.
  • Another nice place that actually secretly keeps zombies and feeds them because reasons. Again.
  • Another dead gay person.
  • Nick is utterly captivating and the best thing about the show.
  • Ofelia is really really really hot.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Next week, actually.

The back half of the season will air later this summer - late August, most likely.

Thank goodness. So many shows right now, especially on Sunday night. It'll be nice to be able to space some stuff out.

I wonder if they're airing it so that it ends a week before TWD, and then have TWD lead into Fear next spring?

That's my guess. 32 out of 52 weeks per year with
zombies
walkers.

Now just tack on another spin off in Alaska or Siberia or Minnesota or somewhere in a cold climate and we can have 48 out of 52 weeks per year.

I wonder how long the show will continue to take place in Mexico. There are a lot of places in Mexico that would make for interesting zombie apocalypse settings. Though some like the pyramids would probably create backlash, and I think they're too far away from those anyway.

There are lots of really awesome cathedrals throughout Mexico that they could hole up in. But that's probably not going to happen since most of them are in big cities.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The mid season finale is tonight!

Shiva

The family faces their greatest test yet. Meanwhile, Nick, Madison, Travis and others go to great lengths to keep each other close.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Gale Anne Hurd (exec producer)
Cliff Curtis (Travis)
...and 2 surprise cast members!

Note: Fear the Walking Dead will return with the final 8 episodes of the season later this summer.

Top Bottom