• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, she might die this episode. They could switch up the whole formula.

After what they did to her character in the 400 or whatever? Highly unlikely. She signed up on the stipulation she lasts a while. So... nope.

Now becomes Jack and Alex versus the entire Abigale crew. Meaning Alex may die before the season is over.

charsace

After what they did to her character in the 400 or whatever? Highly unlikely. She signed up on the stipulation she lasts a while. So... nope.

Now becomes Jack and Alex versus the entire Abigale crew. Meaning Alex may die before the season is over.
The 100 is a better show than this.

*shrug* This shows ratings > 100 ratings AFAIK. You can't blame her for wanting to be on a longer running/bigger paycheck (hah) show.

I can see that yeah I bet she was guaranteed a lifespan of at least season 4. #ByeAlicia is still gonna be my hopes and dreams though.

breadtruck

I hope we're done with Alex now. Feels like they keep shoe-horning her in like we are supposed to care about her... of course, I havent really cared about any character in the show yet.

Catdaddy

IDK. I can't put my finger on it but I feel like the show has drastically improved over the last few episodes. Maybe now that there's actual physical and emotional conflict? Though it was admittedly a rocky road to get the characters to where they are now.

Yeah..It's finally picking up,

I honestly don't understand some people's complaints about the show it's like they never watched Season 2 of the main show lol but yeah definately picking up the pace and loving it.

That zombie hostage exchange scene was just badly executed. And why would Alicia even listen to the kid saying 'the people who abandoned her will abandon you', I mean it's her family... I know she didn't stay with him, but the fact that she even meaningfully glanced at him afterwards as if considering his plea is ridiculous. Especially when they came all the way back to rescue her.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I kinda hated Nick in Season 1, but I'm loving his character now.

Chris was obviously lying about the "He was gonna turn" thing. I think everyone on the boat figured as much, and then Reed actually turning confirmed it.

I'm glad they didn't pull some bullshit with Alicia. Jack was grasping at straws with the "They'll abandon you too.." speech. Umm, that's her family. They are literally staging a plan to get her right now. Completely different situation than with Alex.

So Connor is definitely dead, right? TV rules say if we don't see them die on screen, they still might be alive. Yeah, he got bit. But it was an arm bite and if they cut it off in time, he could survive. Only issue with that is this is so early in the outbreak that nobody has been shown to have that knowledge. Plus Jack didn't seem to give a fuck, Alex would probably just let him die, and pregnant chick is still in the cage.

Good episode. The last half of it was really intense. I honestly didn't expect that prisoner tradeoff to go as smoothly as it did.

Zoe

So Connor is definitely dead, right? TV rules say if we don't see them die on screen, they still might be alive. Yeah, he got bit. But it was an arm bite and if they cut it off in time, he could survive. Only issue with that is this is so early in the outbreak that nobody has been shown to have that knowledge. Plus Jack didn't seem to give a fuck, Alex would probably just let him die, and pregnant chick is still in the cage.

Well if the Talking Dead montage is anything to go by...

Just saw the ending..... Was Alicia serious with that look fam? She can't be lol. Sure they're your family and they can abandon you but they are still your family. They won't be #byealicia anytime soon.

Gotta wait for the early morning showing because I'm watching my other show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well if the Talking Dead montage is anything to go by...

Him being dead makes way more sense than somehow surviving. I'd be cool with it.

Yo, that head butt from Travis!!

Also, I hope that wasn't the extent of Alex.

Thought Travis and her were having a connection there haha

No way they just leave Alex hanging. I fully expect her and Jack to pop up again.

Someone's going to have to tell Chris to look at the flowers pretty soon here.

Guess Jack is gonna end up hunting them down one day.

"Well you see Alicia, you kinda made a big mistake back there. Unfortunately your family will have to die honey so we can be together."
the_shining2.jpg

The zombified hostage scenario is probably my favorite thing this show has done so far. Good episode, a bit slow at parts but it redeemed itself at the end. All hell broke loose just because of that single walker. Amateurs.

I hope we're done with Alex now. Feels like they keep shoe-horning her in like we are supposed to care about her... of course, I havent really cared about any character in the show yet.

I care for the family. As much as I joke about this show and it's characters, I do care about them.

But I don't really care about Alex and I never really watched the plane episodes to give a damn about what happened to her.

Also, Madison needs to listen to Daniel and stop treating the teens like teens. It's the apocalypse, the rules have changed women!

Worst hostage exchange ever.

Have both sides meet in the open sea - equal distance from the docks and the Abigail. Why send Mama Bear alone to the enemy camp? SMH

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Another solid episode. I knew we'd see Alex on Connor's boat.

Comic readers may recognize this surprised it was saved for the spin off show nice

Hm?

Of course not. Not only is she a part of the main cast this season, but she's also the sole reason for the existence of those airplane minisodes.

Grizzlyjin

Montage implied he survived.

Oh, cool. They did a lot of setup for the character between his intro with Alicia and people talking about his disposition, so I'll be looking forward to seeing the unhinged version.

No one thought to tell Chris they were going to trade the guy? How stupid. But of course it all works out because Connor and co acted like idiots. One person with a gun would have ruined that plan.

IvanJ

Banned
Now the power vacuum left in place will leave Alex as a nemesis probably.
Yeah, what I predicted a few weeks ago, she will be a very tough villain.
Overall, another good episode, this series just keeps getting better, and it's definitely much more interesting than Season 2 of TWD.

Top Bottom