• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Booyaka

untitled-22i5ulb.gif

Calling this now...

WWE is going to fake a power outage tomorrow night on RAW.

I would not be surprised to see a match wrestled under a spotlight, or something similar, just so Vince to brag that "Unlike NFL, nothing stops Mon-Day Night RAW"

You can all applaud me tomorrow.

strobogo

Banned
That makes sense since they did the same thing with the NFL officials stuff. Except the lights going out should be a Shield taking over the show thing, but they'll still wrestle by the shine of ADR's smile and Kane's fire powers.

Penguin

Calling this now...

I would not be surprised to see a match wrestled under a spotlight, or something similar, just so Vince to brag that "Unlike NFL, nothing stops Mon-Day Night RAW"

Well they have actually done that before.. but it would be silly.. since they turn off the lights all the time!

I'm surprised TNA or WWe wouldn't use the superbowl to generate interest in their products or upcoming PPVs like Lockdown or Wrestlemania. It's like the biggest platform for enticing customers. Yes, it's expensive but you can just have a 30-second spot.

Rock is in three spots. Fast and Furious, G.I. Joe and that other spot. Capitalize on it like this is a bigger stage.

Being back Halftime Heat!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Calling this now...

ibyxd1tnja0w0K.gif

Kaladin

So WrassleGAF.....I went and watched Django Unchained at the theater instead of watching the Superbowl....other than the power outage, did I miss anything?

Btw, Django Unchained is near the bottom of Tarantino's movies for me. It wasn't bad but could have been a lot better.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So WrassleGAF.....I went and watched Django Unchained at the theater instead of watching the Superbowl....other than the power outage, did I miss anything?

Btw, Django Unchained is near the bottom of Tarantino's movies for me. It wasn't bad but could have been a lot better.
You missed a great game.

Sokantish

Really? I actually liked Django Unchained quite a bit. I loved the German!

i thought Django was one of QT's best.

Just watch the second half its when things got good

Kaladin

It had good performances in it, but the movie itself could have been better. He still hasn't topped Kill Bill 1+2.

If I've learned anything from NeoGAF, it's that literally everyone has their own Tarantino rankings. Sandman says Kill Bill is his best, most say Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown has recently received a LOT of praise, some say Inglorious Basterds, some say Reservoir Dogs, etc.

A lower end QT film is still pretty good.

i thought Django was one of QT's best.

Just watch the second half its when things got good

First half was better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What you get out of Django and how it ranks for you seems to appeal to a certain type of Tarantino fan. My QT list is #1 Jackie Brown, #2 Kill Bill Vol 2, #3 Reservoir Dogs, so that means I wouldn't like Django too much.

If I've learned anything from NeoGAF, it's that literally everyone has their own Tarantino rankings. Sandman says Kill Bill is his best, most say Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown has recently received a LOT of praise, some say Inglorious Basterds, some say Reservoir Dogs, etc.

A lower end QT film is still pretty good.

Jackie Brown didn't feel like a Tarantino movie to me at all. I honestly don't get the praise. I mean it wasn't a bad movie or anything, but hey, it's still better than Death Proof lol (Which I like tons btw, if only for the dialog).

Sokantish

I don't know which half of the movie was better, I thought the whole movie was pretty good.

Net_Wrecker it's true. I prefer Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs over Kill Bill, I still love the Kill Bill movies though. I haven't watched Jackie Brown in a LONG time but its probably my least favorite QT movie. I should probably watch it again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jackie Brown didn't feel like a Tarantino movie to me at all. I honestly don't get the praise. I mean it wasn't a bad movie or anything, but hey, it's still better than Death Proof lol (Which I like tons btw, if only for the dialog).

Death Proof was the bomb, could have done without the first 30 mins though. Maybe.

That's why some people have really come to like it. It's a "grown up" Tarantino movie, but it was actually only his 3rd real film. Since we're over a decade removed from the post-Pulp Fiction backlash of Jackie Brown not being Pulp Fiction 2, people has begun to look at it differently and appreciate it more.

I don't know which half of the movie was better, I thought the whole movie was pretty good.

Net_Wrecker it's true. I prefer Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs over Kill Bill, I still love the Kill Bill movies though. I haven't watched Jackie Brown in a LONG time but its probably my least favorite QT movie. I should probably watch it again.

The whole thing is great, but the first half is perfection. I think more will come to realize that if they watch it again (I've seen it 3 times.) The first half moves at such a perfect pace and has some of QT's most sincere moments.

Oh, and rewatch Jackie Brown. I think you'll like it more.

That's why some people have really come to like it. It's a "grown up" Tarantino movie, but it was actually only his 3rd real film. Since we're over a decade removed from the post-Pulp Fiction backlash of Jackie Brown not being Pulp Fiction 2, people has begun to look at it differently and appreciate it more.

Non-"Grown Up" Tarantino as you call it is best Tarantino. I think he himself realized this since he made a bunch of movies after Jackie Brown that are more reminiscent of his earlier work.

Kaladin

BTW, if you want a better modern western shoot em up movie with a revenge plot, El Mariachi/Desperado is still the best.

Non-"Grown Up" Tarantino as you call it is best Tarantino. I think he himself realized this since he made a bunch of movies after Jackie Brown that are more reminiscent of his earlier work.

He's been hinting at making something more in the vein of Jackie Brown after Django, though. We'll see. He's definitely noticed how people have flipped their opinions on it in the last 4-6 years.

He's been hinting at making something more in the vein of Jackie Brown after Django, though. We'll see. He's definitely noticed how people have flipped their opinions on it in the last 4-6 years.

Any Tarantino is better than no Tarantino dawg, I mean I still liked and enjoyed Jackie Brown. If he makes anything like it I'll still be there day 1 with a huge ass grin on my face.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kill Bill Volume 2 was horrible. Inglorious Basterds had that whole two story and way too chatty dialogue thing.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I already miss Are You Serious. :( Boooooooo.

Full card for next Sunday's New Japan iPPV is out!

NJPW "THE NEW BEGINNING", 2013.02.10
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

ibvPKYGS0iW1C.jpg

• IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Karl Anderson

• CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun: Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki

• CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kengo Mashimo

• Special Tag Match: Hirooki Goto & Wataru Inoue vs Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakurba & Katsuyori Shibata)

• Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi

• IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)

• IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: Prince Devitt (c) vs Ryusuke Taguchi

• IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero)

• 10 Man Tag Team Match: Yuji Nagata, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask, Manabu Nakanishi & Tama Tonga vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado)

Okada vs Suzuki! Fuck yes! That's going to be a great match. Big opportunity for K-Dojo's Kengo Mashimo, also, as he takes on the IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura. Also, glad to see Laughter7 back after there was some doubt about their future with New Japan. Looks like another awesome card, altogether. Should be a great show on Sunday.

Top Bottom