• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Holy crap this turned into an anime thread? :lol

Anime and wrestling have been tag-team partners for a while now. Just look at Naruto with its Raikage character who freely gives foes LARIATOS and LIGER BOMBS. Or even in this gif:

ibcoGpEkHg1ECN.gif

Just watched that Laserfrog RE2 video, damn that was the best yet, Laser you have a fan.

I miss the good old Naruto days.
My guiltiest pleasure I guess, despite being part of the DBZ generation it wasn't until this that anything anime related really clicked with me.

tm24

my 4 horsemen are

Samurai Champloo, YYH, Cowboy Beboop, FMA

Also, in possible crazy lucha news. So it turns out the Samuray Dle Sol missed a few bookings for AAA as Octagon Jr. he said he had a US indy booking. With the recent news of the WWE camp, its more likely that was what caused him to miss his AAA bookings. Samuray has made no secret about his ultimate goal being WWE and AAA obviously took a chance on him with the Octagon Jr gimmick in order to keep him as long as possible. So there might be some blowback on him. But its AAA, so really, who cares?

Also, videos from Fantasticamania are showing up via the best dailymotion user Jahmale Hepburn. So far, only all of Day 1 is up and some of day 2 is starting to come out, but do enjoy Hiroshi Tanahashi, La Mascara & Rush vs. Kazuchika Okada, Rey Escorpion & Volador Jr and Prince Devitt vs Dragon Rojo and Liger, Tiger Mask & Titan vs. Gedo & Jado & Misterioso Jr.

Four Horsemen (anime):

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Dragon Ball Z (I prefer Dragon Ball), Yuu Yuu Hakusho.

Four Horsemen (manga):

One Piece, Naruto, Groove Adventure Rave, Shaman King

You know, I could never get into mech anime.....no matter how many series I tried.
I'm the same. I tried Code Geass and didn't like it all too much. Same goes for Gurren Lagann, but I at least stuck with it until Kamina died.

I'm trying to get into some Gundam series, like Wing.

somedevil

Raw Viewer Numbers for 2/4:

8:00- 4.86 million
9:00- 4.86 million
10:00- 4.71 million

Avg: 4.81 million

Very good again. 210,000 less viewers from last week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anime went down the fuckin tubes. Gone are the good ol' days where you got butchered adaptations of Berserk (still better than 99% of all other anime) or Fist of the North Star - nowadays what's popular is fuckin high school uguu shit or collecting cards.

I swear I feel like an old-ass man, back in my day all we did was laugh at the children who enjoyed that babby anime yo yo hakisho.

Pavaloo

It's weird considering how hard I was into anime years ago, I can't even touch it today.

I keep up with Naruto and Bleach, but honestly it's a weekly time waster to read. I don't know, after I finished FMA I went to Cowboy Bebop and then it just seemed like nothing would ever live up to those for me.

Gurrin Lagan fools
Oh yeah, that's a horseman contender.
Overcoming the odds and escalation done right, suck it Cena.

I'm the same. I tried Code Geass and didn't like it all too much. Same goes for Gurren Lagann, but I at least stuck with it until Kamina died.

I'm trying to get into some Gundam series, like Wing.
I remember when I first tried to watch Gurren Lagann and I stopped at the same point, it didn't click.
Tried it again a year later with a more open mind and I was well rewarded.

Code Geass I do enjoy even though its later parts are basically Russo swerve booking in anime form with swerves for the sake of swerves in each episode and constantly changing allegiances/turns that are less of wrestling's "three month rule" and more like three day rule.

How did I miss this, the ruthless agression!

Apparently, there's gonna be a new season of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic as those damn Bronie's have taken over my D-Bry video. Ugh.
64mpH.gif

Cagey

Banned
I bookmarked that GAF thread on the best rated animes of 2012, intending to start at some point, but I just never get around to it. I couldn't even get through two episodes of Kids on the Slope. Old as fuck.

Doesn't help that I like the contemporary slice of life drama anime and I've been living with my girlfriend for two years.

"What are you watching"
"Omg well Sakura-chan is like totally embarrassed because she's in love with..."
"......................."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bookmarked that GAF thread on the best rated animes of 2012, intending to start at some point, but I just never get around to it. I couldn't even get through two episodes of Kids on the Slope. Old as fuck.

Doesn't help that I like the contemporary slice of life drama anime and I've been living with my girlfriend for two years.

"What are you watching"
"Omg well Sakura-chan is like totally embarrassed because she's in love with..."

Get your girlfriend to watch Haganai. Seriously, it's harem/tenchi muyo style stuff, but it's one of the funnier animes I've ever seen.

Code Geass does have some amazing swerves

Word. Watching it today just doesn't feel the same as watching it while it was airing; for better or worse, half the stuff that happened in that show was set up to make you think that one thing was going to happen, just to let some other crazy-ass thing sideswipe the audience from left field.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

"What are you watching"

I tried like 4 of the best rated ones. Absolute shit, those people should be ashamed of themselves.

HARRUMPH

Cagey

Banned
Get your girlfriend to watch Haganai. Seriously, it's harem/tenchi muyo style stuff, but it's one of the funnier animes I've ever seen.

Oh shit. She might legit murder me for this. The entertainment value of forcing her to watch an episode of something like this would be worth it though.

Next time Monday night rolls around, I should just fire this up instead of flipping to RAW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Big E must be butthurt about the IWC because he says he can't do flips so no one likes him but the most liked internet guys on Raw were Mark Henry(who probably can't flip), Bork(who definitely can't flip see wrestlemania) and Cesaro(who probably can flip but won't do it for you stupid americans)

Sokantish

So Big E must be butthurt about the IWC because he says he can't do flips so no one likes him but the most liked internet guys on Raw were Mark Henry(who probably can't flip), Bork(who definitely can't flip see wrestlemania) and Cesaro(who probably can flip but won't do it for you stupid americans)

I think he was making a joke

You should tell him he could practice them using a pool, but that he probably doesn't know how to swim.

That would be the unstoppable force (Rocky) vs the immovable object (Brock) personified.

With the right promotion I could see it being as big as Hogan vs Andre. After this year The Rock is going to be the biggest name in Hollywood. If Brock is handled correctly and steam rolls HHH, Orton, and lets say The Ryback then he has a ton of momentum going into Mania. I could easily see next years Mania doing 1.5 million buy with Rock vs Brock, CM Punk vs Stone Cold, and Cena vs The Undertaker.

rofl

I'm in tears.

Jericho returns

loses on Raw

:lol :lol :lol

The E expected Orton to win the voting so he should have been him taking the lose. Jericho will be fine just like Punk is fine after losing the belt. Gotta keep Punk strong when he's main eventing the next ppv.

Kaladin

With the right promotion I could see it being as big as Hogan vs Andre. After this year The Rock is going to be the biggest name in Hollywood. If Brock is handled correctly and steam rolls HHH, Orton, and lets say The Ryback then he has a ton of momentum going into Mania. I could easily see next years Mania doing 1.5 million buy with Rock vs Brock, CM Punk vs Stone Cold, and Cena vs The Undertaker.

This would work best if Brock is the one who takes the belt from Cena.

Top Bottom