• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

krae_man

This Comic lies:

2013-02-06-no-mas.jpg

Raw in Toronto? LOL

gurudyne

Shamus is awful but at least his character is something people like, even if he's being an asshole. Like Austin but...not in Audtin's league obviously.

Del Rio's promo this Monday was absolutely awful. He's a good baby face worker but that pandering, "please love me" speech was terrible. They really need to work on his character. Just make him Eddie v2 or somethin, cos asking people to love you is no buys.

I've never seen someone call Sheamus crap and then praise his persona before.

And yeah, sometimes faces get shit put in front of them and have to say it. Or maybe they came up with it themselves. Who knows. I'm hoping it's a one off mistake for Del Rio and not something that will define the character from here on out. He's better than base pandering and I hope he knows it.

Aiii

So not worth it
More tryouts:

This past weekend, WWE held talent tryouts at their NXT facility down in Tampa, FL. While some names have already leaked out, we have a few more we can exclusively add to the list.

Among the 33 or so hopefuls there fighting for a contract, we already know of Ring of Honor’s Adam Cole (their reigning TV champion) and Mike Bennett, Dragon Gate USA star Samuray del Sol, and Extreme Rising star Luke Hawx, who has previously appeared on WWE television in bit roles. In addition to these names, we can report that in attendance were former TNA star Jesse Neal, Shawn Spears (the former Gavin Spears from WWE’s ECW brand), Shaun Ricker of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, and a former NFL player who seemed to impress at least one WWE official.

Also there for a tryout was John Mills, who appeared on the Oxygen reality TV series “Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too”. He appeared on five episodes during the show’s second season before quitting. According to an old profile page on the Oxygen website, he has wrestled independently before as “The Playboy J-Millz”.

No word on who may have made the cut, but those that do are expected to be notified by WWE within the month.

What is going on?

I don't venture to gaming side and when I do it's weird and scary.

apparently MS is going to ban used games on the new console. Its speculation, but its a total meltdown. I stopped posting about an hour ago, because its turning into a bloodbath. On the first page there are 10 topics about it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What is going on?

I don't venture to gaming side and when I do it's weird and scary.

So the rumor is that the next Xbox will not only have always-online DRM for everything, but will not play used games.

This brought out the usual corporate heels to talk about how we should be happy about it, and the righteous defenders of justice like myself to stand up for the little guy.

KissVibes

Banned
More tryouts:

Any idea who the NFL star was? Was it Ocho Cinco?

And please WWE, no more reality stars. I'm willing to give an NFL player a shot (good endurance is expected, teamwork is a hopeful trait) but not reality stars. Never again.

Hoarr

Neo Member
Found this while Googling around online. It's taken from an online store in India, and I'm pretty sure that the actual game is not represented correctly with this cover art:

tumblr_mhtmtfkwj21qzx70zo1_500.jpg

Pavaloo

So the rumor is that the next Xbox will not only have always-online DRM for everything, but will not play used games.

This brought out the usual corporate heels to talk about how we should be happy about it, and the righteous defenders of justice like myself to stand up for the little guy.

they're just good guys with heel tendencies ;)

strobogo

Banned
I swear, if Altar Boy Luke gets a WWE contract, I'm revoking my wrestling fan citizenship. Why the fuck would they be interested in him? He's been kicking around for a decade. He isn't getting any better. He has no charisma, a terrible look, and is a terrible wrestler.

I swear, if Altar Boy Luke gets a WWE contract, I'm revoking my wrestling fan citizenship. Why the fuck would they be interested in him? He's been kicking around for a decade. He isn't getting any better. He has no charisma, a terrible look, and is a terrible wrestler.

Honestly, I haven't seen him in years. Has he not improved in the slightest? He at least looks a bit more imposing now than he did a decade ago in XPW.

It wouldn't be the first time they make a completely random signing from the indies. I was quite surprised when they signed Sterling James Keenan, but he hasn't been all that bad as Corey Graves on NXT. Also, remember when WWE signed Colin freaking Delaney and had him on TV in a feud with Tommy Dreamer? WTF was that all about?

Omega

Banned
Found this while Googling around online. It's taken from an online store in India, and I'm pretty sure that the actual game is not represented correctly with this cover art:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dd748cdd515110cf31d563ad5ee19774/tumblr_mhtmtfkwj21qzx70zo1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

seems pretty accurate to me

on a completely unrelated side note, I hope when Mark Henry retires someone else gets his theme. It's too good of a theme to not hand down to someone else

Presale tickets for the Raw after Wrestle Mania go on sale tomorrow at 10 am EST. The presale codes are ACCESS, WWEROCK and ROCKRAW.

KissVibes

Banned

If Big Bo Dally can get his time in the sun and by poised to be a huge WWE star, this goofy fucker can:

He looks like a bald child who stole his dads shavings and glued them to his face.

seems pretty accurate to me

on a completely unrelated side note, I hope when Mark Henry retires someone else gets his theme. It's too good of a theme to not hand down to someone else

Big E is actually the second son of Mark Henry and Mae Young.

I never buy my games used(something always felt wrong to me about it) but i never buy my games at full price(except for Nintendo games as they tend to almost never drop in price). Just wait a couple of weeks or a month game should be half price if you look online.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I never buy my games used(something always felt wrong to me about it) but i never buy my games at full price(except for Nintendo games as they tend to almost never drop in price). Just wait a couple of weeks or a month game should be half price if you look online.

1. There's nothing wrong with buying games used. That's a lie propagated by the big publisher establishment to prop up their increasingly unsustainable business model.

2. The only reason games drop in price so quickly nowadays is because publishers have to compete with used game prices. It didn't always happen this way.

If Big Bo Dally can get his time in the sun and by poised to be a huge WWE star, this goofy fucker can:

He looks like a bald child who stole his dads shavings and glued them to his face.

Big E is actually the second son of Mark Henry and Mae Young.

This is the funniest thing I have read all day.

Hoarr

Neo Member

The only way I get my Nintendo games for a lower price is through GameFly. $20 for the service and I bought New Super Mario Bros. U for $40 (had a $5 coupon) and currently have Dead Space 3 with Fire Emblem: Awakening on the way.

For $29.69, I can keep FE. For $44.99, I can keep Dead Space 3. This is pretty much how I buy games nowadays (aside from a rare Amazon sale).

1. There's nothing wrong with buying games used. That's a lie propagated by the big publisher establishment to prop up their increasingly unsustainable business model.

2. The only reason games drop in price so quickly nowadays is because publishers have to compete with used game prices. It didn't always happen this way.

Oh i didn't mean wrong like its wrong to buy them because of its not supporting the industry argument. I just meant to me personally i don't like people opening my games before me or having bought something used as it may fail(I know they wont normally but its just me). I don't buy anything from Gamestop as they were notorious for opening NEW games putting them in these sleeves and when you buy the NEW game they transfer the game in the sleeve to the box. THAT IS NOT NEW ITS OPENED!. Fuck Gamestop! If they do stop used games hopefully Gamestop goes out of business.

Omega

Banned
Nothing wrong with used games. This move will probably hurt them more than help. Not many people are willing to just waste money on a product they're not sure they might like. borrowing/buying used might get someone to purchase your next title.

I borrowed Spec Ops from my brother as I thought it was just another FUCK YEAH MERICA! shooter and wanted an easy platinum trophy. The game was amazing and if Yager ever gets to make another game, I'll definitely be buying it, and probably on day 1.

Next-gen? This is looking like it's not a possibility at all.

I've never seen someone call Sheamus crap and then praise his persona before.

I think Sheamus' character is bad, but I think it's probably the kind of thing people would cheer. I actually quite like Sheamus as a worker, as a big guy he's pretty good in the ring and most the PPV matches he's in he's done a good job.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder what would happen if car dealerships guilt tripped people for being used cars. Or made used cars illegal. Or if movie studios closed down all video stores/Red Boxes/digital rentals.

Ultratech

I see Cody's taking advantage of that mustache.

Also, Sheamus sucks at imitating Booker T.

Man gaming side is tripping balls over used games.

Heh, I missed all the fuss I guess.

I skimmed over it at the start and figured it'd devolve into a mess pretty quickly.

Not like bitching about it will do anything.

Kaladin

To be fair strogobo, I haven't seen a video rental store in my town for the last two years. :/

Netflix killed brick and mortar rental stores. I think if major consoles went digital only it would kill Gamestop.

Edit: Just like steam has all but killed boxed versions of PC games.

Pavaloo

My thoughts exactly ^^ I'm sure gaming side would kill me for saying it, but this generation has only made me think that this was the inevitable.

Kaladin

My thoughts exactly ^^ I'm sure gaming side would kill me for saying it, but this generation has only made me think that this was the inevitable.

If not in the 4/720 generation, it will be the next one. Consoles are going all digital. Deal with it.

strobogo

Banned
To be fair strogobo, I haven't seen a video rental store in my town for the last two years. :/

My city is pretty small (60,000ish) and we have two Family Videos and at least 5 Redboxes just on my side of town. Every CVS and McDonalds have one, all the grocery stores have them (Walmart, Meijer, Kroger), some car washes have one, a few Wendy's have them. They're fucking everywhere.

Ultratech

Holy crap, Fandango appeared on ME...brief vignette anyways.

Netflix killed brick and mortar rental stores. I think if major consoles went digital only it would kill Gamestop.

Edit: Just like steam has all but killed boxed versions of PC games.

Yup. They're pretty scarce where I'm at nowadays.

There's still a Blockbuster near me and a mom-and-pop store, but they won't last much longer. They can't compete with Netflix and Redbox.

Roll back to about 10 years ago, and they were more common. But nearly every video place near where I used to live never seemed to last more than a few years.

Kaladin

We had a Video Warehouse store in our town as long as I can remember. Hell, I rented NES games from there. NES. They went out of business a few years ago and now it's a furniture place.

So many memories from that video store.

Guzim

image.php

Top Bottom