• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

krae_man

I just thought of something. Can someone do this better for me?

sVPwlaZ.png

So the rumor is that the next Xbox will not only have always-online DRM for everything, but will not play used games.

This brought out the usual corporate heels to talk about how we should be happy about it, and the righteous defenders of justice like myself to stand up for the little guy.

So, at which Gamestop store do you work?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So the rumor is that the next Xbox will not only have always-online DRM for everything, but will not play used games.

This brought out the usual corporate heels to talk about how we should be happy about it, and the righteous defenders of justice like myself to stand up for the little guy.
So many gamers are horrendous consumers. I don't know if it's because they're young or naive, but they tend to develop an obsessive attachment to their favorite gaming company. They end up supporting them, even to spite themselves. They support conglomerates that don't care about them. I can understand wanting to buy their games new, but how does it benefit you to take away the option of buying used games? Why would you not want your fellow consumer to have that option?

strobogo

Banned
I don't know that I have 5 favorites ouside of TNA or WWE, but I can tell you who is in my Fave Five of guys I don't like:

The Young Bucks
Nick Jackson
Matt Jackson
The Jackson Brothers
Generation Me

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
top 5 non- wwe/tna

#1 Rainmaker
#2 Dennis Rodman
#3 Karl Malone
#4 Jay Leno
#5 Lodi

Omega

Banned
So many gamers are horrendous consumers. I don't know if it's because they're young or naive, but they tend to develop an obsessive attachment to their favorite gaming company. They end up supporting them, even to spite themselves. They support conglomerates that don't care about them. I can understand wanting to buy their games new, but how does it benefit you to take away the option of buying used games? Why would you not want your fellow consumer to have that option?

if you buy used you kill developers!

I actually got into an argument with my friend over this a week or two ago. He blamed GameStop for THQ, and I said GS had nothing to do with it. Two days later Jason Rubin comes out and says why the company failed. It was exactly what I told my friend.

funny how the blame has been put on GameStop and everyone eats it up. GameStop is shitty for a lot of reasons, killing the industry is not one of them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
if you buy used you kill developers!

I actually got into an argument with my friend over this a week or two ago. He blamed GameStop for THQ, and I said GS had nothing to do with it. Two days later Jason Rubin comes out and says why the company failed. It was exactly what I told my friend.

funny how the blame has been put on GameStop and everyone eats it up. GameStop is shitty for a lot of reasons, killing the industry is not one of them.
Yeah, it's publishers and rising budgets that are killing developers, not used game sales. I mean, it's ridiculous. We've always had used games. Hell, I used to rent all of my games as a kid, and companies flourished then. I try to buy new when I can, but if you take away the used option, it doesn't mean that I'll buy new, it just means that I won't buy. Plus, now I won't be able to sell my old games, and use that money to buy a new game.

The problem now is that AAA game makers have hit a brick wall and can't manage to expand the gaming public to justify these high budgets and costs. Instead, they're trying to find new ways to squeeze more money out of the gamers that they do have through DLC, online passes, etc. It's an old tactic in profit mongering, but it'll just drive people away.

jobber

Del Rio isn't really a face haha. Big Show always comes off as the honest, truthful, face while his opponents are the lying, angry, heels.

That's what separates Big Show and Mark Henry. Both are the same kind of heel but Mark Henry doesn't give a fuck about being classy.

Omega

Banned
Yeah, it's publishers and rising budgets that are killing developers, not used game sales. I mean, it's ridiculous. We've always had used games. Hell, I used to rent all of my games as a kid, and companies flourished then. I try to buy new when I can, but if you take away the used option, it doesn't mean that I'll buy new, it just means that I won't buy. Plus, now I won't be able to sell my old games, and use that money to buy a new game.

The problem now is that AAA game makers have hit a brick wall and can't manage to expand the gaming public to justify these high budgets and costs. Instead, they're trying to find new ways to squeeze more money out of the gamers that they do have through DLC, online passes, etc. It's an old tactic in profit mongering, but it'll just drive people away.

yeah next-gen is going to suck.

what I don't understand is how/why these budgets are so insane. ME2/3 had bigger budgets than 1, and had shorter development periods. a lot of these games don't need huge budgets. They feel/play like midtier games but have the budget of a AAA title like Halo or GTA.

Maddox is great on the mic, probably the best. He just seems so natural. How good is he in the ring? Not that it's a requirement to get screentime *cough*Miz*cough* but it would certainly help him.

Anth0ny

A crash is imminent. I mean, you could already see it coming considering the absurdly high number of devs that were forced to close down this gen, but god damn. Today brought me closer to that realization than ever before.

A crash is imminent. I mean, you could already see it coming considering the absurdly high number of devs that were forced to close down this gen, but god damn. Today brought me closer to that realization than ever before.

i dont think there will be a crash but one of the big 3 will/might be forced to pull out. its super obvious that dev cost need to come down some how

Omega

Banned

there still going to be indie developers making games like Minecraft & Path of Exile

at least I hope. If not, oh well. I'm 23, by the time the market crashes I'll probably have kids to eat up most of my free time.

there still going to be indie developers making games like Minecraft & Path of Exile

at least I hope. If not, oh well. I'm 23, by the time the market crashes I'll probably have kids to eat up most of my free time.

I think pc gaming is going to be alive and stronger than ever if a console gaming crash occurs.

Anth0ny

oh yeah. the entire industry won't crash. just the AAAA budget shit. eventually budget sizes are going to get so high that no amount of sales will be enough. $70 games with DLC and season passes won't be enough.

ios games will survive. indie devs on steam will be okay. Nintendo too. everyone else needs to chill the fuck out with their budgets and unreasonably high sales expectations.

jobber

Consoles have gone from gaming entertainment systems to multimedia entertainment systems

PS2 started this trend by allowing DVDs to be played. It went downhill from there.

MS isn't focused on making a system for games but for apps and kinect. The fact we have to pay $60 a year just for the privilege to use totally separate subscription is dumb.

DLC is dumb

Not being able to buy a 3 year old game used is dumb

fuck life.

Omega

Banned
I liked the first episode, I've just been trying to get through my backlog so I haven't been able to watch the whole season yet.

Sokantish

I just quit watching X-Files in season 8 or whatever season it is where Mulder is pretty much not in the show anymore except for a few episodes. Someone in this thread told me to watch a sci-fi series but now I forget which series they said. It was bootay or sandman I think. Help me out here guys.

Kaladin

I just quit watching X-Files in season 8 or whatever season it is where Mulder is pretty much not in the show anymore except for a few episodes. Someone in this thread told me to watch a sci-fi series but now I forget which series they said. It was bootay or sandman I think. Help me out here guys.

You should watch the rest of X-Files. On a recent re-watch I actually enjoyed the later seasons.

also Fringe (I do not know if this was the series suggested).

Fringe?

BattleStar Galctica?

KissVibes

Banned

Roswell? The Lone Gunmen? Jericho? Babylon 5?

Twin Peaks.

Sokantish

You should watch the rest of X-Files. On a recent re-watch I actually enjoyed the later seasons.

also Fringe (I do not know if this was the series suggested).

Maybe I'll finish it, it just feels so different without Mulder being there :(

It may have been Babylon 5, it was when we were discussing Star Trek. Someone suggested I should watch DS9 too.

I've already been Battlestar Galactica and Twin Peaks, thanks though friends

Top Bottom