• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

There's alot of irony involved when promoting "Next Generation Wrestling" with such talent like Kevin Nash and Konnan.

It's almost like naming your promotion "Hart Legacy Wrestling" but not getting support from the main Hart family.

Can't wait to see what name they come up with for the promotion next month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's almost like naming your promotion "Hart Legacy Wrestling" but not getting support from the main Hart family.

Can't wait to see what name they come up with for the promotion next month.

Partial to Caaanaaadaaa Wrestling.

Laserfrog

I'd call my promotion Too Old to Wrestle Too Young to Die or TOTWTYTD

It'd take a look into what it means to be a wrestler past your prime, your body breaking down almost as fast as your mind.

Laserfrog

Jake Roberts vs Randy The Ram

DDP's ruined Jake Roberts for my promotion now. Bruce Springsteen could make depressing entrance music for everyone. Everyone would leave the arena a bit upset and thinking about their own mortality. I can see the prospect of that being a big draw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bruce Springsteen could make depressing entrance music for everyone. Everyone would leave the arena a bit upset and thinking about their own mortality. I can see the prospect of that being a big draw.

You ever listen to Bruce Springsteen's "Jungleland" track? Absolutely beautiful, hopeful, depressing, and sad all at once. His best work.

Cagey

Banned
Random shoutout to Dragonzord. I got through three episodes of Haganai last night and progressively enjoyed each one more than the last.

iLAvAqeNkCxEH.gif

Laserfrog

You ever listen to Bruce Springsteen's "Jungleland" track? Absolutely beautiful, hopeful, depressing, and sad all at once. His best work.

Yeah it's a great track, all of Born to Run is pretty great. One of my favourite albums, E street band is the best band in my book.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it's a great track, all of Born to Run is pretty great. One of my favourite albums, E street band is the best band in my book.

Steven Van Zandt is so good. Starring in If You're Not Day One, You're Day Never, debuting on Netflix Instant.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man that made me laugh good.

9qRa0uB.jpg

"If you're not Day One..."

*5 second montage of gunshots with his face*

"you might as well hang it up. Because you're Day Never."

*fade on 10 seconds of his face doing the above, breathing but still*

Laserfrog

Stallone should take the Eurotruck Simulator 2 license and turn it into a heartfelt film, it could be a semi-sequel to Over the Top.

"You let the logs to Stuttgart get the better of you, it's not about the logs, it's not about the Truck. It's about you and me trying to get by to survive the harsh realities of life." Or something like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stallone should take the Eurotruck Simulator 2 license and turn it into a heartfelt film, it could be a semi-sequel to Over the Top.

"You let the logs to Stuttgart get the better of you, it's not about the logs, it's not about the Truck. It's about you and me trying to get by to survive the harsh realities of life." Or something like that.

"I've been here for 40 years. I seen young guys like you come and go. Some of you stay - become lifers. Some people move on. The thing is, don't make being a lifer make it your life. Keep your life. Let the life of the road be your life, not the life you lead. Lead the life, don't let the life lead you."

Z27LLdk.jpg

Since I won't be here for the next few hours and I don't want to miss the voting, I hereby nominate Bo Dallas as my GAF Rumble mascot representative.

This underdog has a bite motherfuckers!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since I won't be here for the next few hours and I don't want to miss the voting, I hereby nominate Bo Dallas as my GAF Rumble mascot representative.

This underdog has a bite motherfuckers!

Dog has an...underbite...

I'll have the voting open for a while so you'll have a chance, there'll also be a verification code that'll need to be PMed for me for each entrant.

Cagey

Banned
Sena > Cena

Truth. I was ambivalent in the first episode, skeptical in the second once it began, and then when Sena slowly started taking out her uber sword to sneak attack Yozora, I burst out laughing and was hooked.

Plus I get to tell (or lie to) myself the fan service is done tongue-in-cheek and enjoy the show all the more.

This week NXT was great, they need to debut the Wyatt family, specially now that they need some tag-teams.

They would have a great feud whit team hell no!

Sokantish

but Team Hell No is breaking up anytime now, did you see them fighting with each other last week?! How long can a relationship like that last?

I like the idea of Bray Wayatt brainwashing people into joining his family, but not Kane. And besides, we're almost at the end of the Kane cycle - he was a menacing heel, then a tag team wrestler, now a comedy act. All that's left is for Team Hell No to split up, Kane to put over Bryan and then disappear for a while to begin the cycle anew.

Ozone

Which Raw seats are best for the Izod center the night after Wrestlemania?

izod-center-wwe-5950.jpg

Section 104 Row 25
Section 125 Row 2

Same price. At first I thought 125 Row 2 was way better but then Im thinking will I be able to see anything that low down from that angle?
You'd be fine in 125. I would go with those.

"I've been here for 40 years. I seen young guys like you come and go. Some of you stay - become lifers. Some people move on. The thing is, don't make being a lifer make it your life. Keep your life. Let the life of the road be your life, not the life you lead. Lead the life, don't let the life lead you."

Z27LLdk.jpg

Tommy Gunn: [as Rocky goes back into the bar] Hey. Hey! I'm not done talking to you yet.
Rocky Balboa: Listen, Tommy. I've got notin' else to say to you okay?
George W. Duke: Rocky Balboa. Tommy Gunn wants to fight you in his next match. Do you, or do you not accept Tommy's challenge?
Rocky Balboa: [to Tommy] Listen, Tommy. This guy wants us to fight in the ring. When we were together, we were like, like brothers.
[Tommy shrugs to Duke in disgust at Rocky]
Rocky Balboa: You see, Tommy Duke wants us to fight, get us to fight in the ring. He don't care about you Tommy, he don't care about me either.
Paulie: C'mon Rock. Get out of here.
[Turns to Tommy]
Paulie: Tommy, you're a peice of garbage, you know that?
Tommy Gunn: Hey, stay out of it.
Paulie: No, you listen okay? Rocky, Rocky, he's the real champion, you're just a goddamn joke.
[Paulie pshes back Tommy and Tommy punches him back, Rocky comes back to console Paulie]
Paulie: [to Rocky] Yous hould've left him on streets where you found him.
Rocky Balboa: [to Tommy] Hey! You knock him down how 'bout tryin' knockin' *me* down.
George W. Duke: No, no. In the ring. In the ring. Tommy only fights in the ring.
Rocky Balboa: My ring's outside.

Tommy Gunn: [as Rocky goes back into the bar] Hey. Hey! I'm not done talking to you yet.
Rocky Balboa: Listen, Tommy. I've got notin' else to say to you okay?
George W. Duke: Rocky Balboa. Tommy Gunn wants to fight you in his next match. Do you, or do you not accept Tommy's challenge?
Rocky Balboa: [to Tommy] Listen, Tommy. This guy wants us to fight in the ring. When we were together, we were like, like brothers.
[Tommy shrugs to Duke in disgust at Rocky]
Rocky Balboa: You see, Tommy Duke wants us to fight, get us to fight in the ring. He don't care about you Tommy, he don't care about me either.
Paulie: C'mon Rock. Get out of here.
[Turns to Tommy]
Paulie: Tommy, you're a peice of garbage, you know that?
Tommy Gunn: Hey, stay out of it.
Paulie: No, you listen okay? Rocky, Rocky, he's the real champion, you're just a goddamn joke.
[Paulie pshes back Tommy and Tommy punches him back, Rocky comes back to console Paulie]
Paulie: [to Rocky] Yous hould've left him on streets where you found him.
Rocky Balboa: [to Tommy] Hey! You knock him down how 'bout tryin' knockin' *me* down.
George W. Duke: No, no. In the ring. In the ring. Tommy only fights in the ring.
Rocky Balboa: My ring's outside.

Wrasslefact: Terry Funk choreographed the fight that takes place after this scene (it is the only scene worth watching in the whole movie)

strobogo

Banned
I got about 2/3rds of the way through Epic Mickey 2, and I think I'm done with it. It completely lost me when I have to go back and get 1000 E-tickets, which means I have to go through every stage for hours. I don't care that much. It's not bad. The camera is a bit wonky sometimes. It for sure feels like it was made for Wii. I like the art style and random old school Disney shout outs, though. I feel like I missed a lot of the story not playing the first one.

Also, SWERVE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got about 2/3rds of the way through Epic Mickey 2, and I think I'm done with it. It completely lost me when I have to go back and get 1000 E-tickets, which means I have to go through every stage for hours. I don't care that much. It's not bad. The camera is a bit wonky sometimes. It for sure feels like it was made for Wii. I like the art style and random old school Disney shout outs, though. I feel like I missed a lot of the story not playing the first one.

Also, SWERVE.

I was done with that in like 15 mins. Didn't have any good stuff...bad times.

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/77-figure-four-daily/29686-free-today-feb-7-figure-four-daily-bryan-alvarez-and-todd-martin-talk-bruno-and-the-hall-of-fame-wwe-after-vince-raw-monday-ufc-156-belfort-tue-bellator-new-reality-show-tons-more

Frer Figure Four Daily today. Bryan Alvarez and Todd Martin return today to talk tons of different topics including Bruno going into the Hall of Fame, Raw thoughts from Monday, Todd on Ultimate Fighter and the knockout heard round the world, UFC 156, Vitor Belfort and TUE's, Bellator's new reality series thoughts, and tons more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best way to get all the FULL, long-ass WWE HoF speeches and inductions? They don't even have em on dvd releases in full, do they?

strobogo

Banned
I was done with that in like 15 mins. Didn't have any good stuff...bad times.

I almost dropped it in the first half hour, but stuck with it. It got better, but the over world stuff was awful. Straight up awful. And confusing, and annoying, and awful. I wish it had more platforming levels. Some of the 2D ones were awesome.

Possible Summer Slam spoiler that's gonna make the IWC cream itself.

WWE is already planning for this year's Summerslam event which is scheduled to take place in Los Angeles again, and is looking to possibly book a Brock Lesnar vs. Rock match for the show. The reason being that both have mainstream appeal, and that with them in a featured spot, the local Hollywood community could get more involved with the event. An example would be having celebrities appearing at the WWE AXXESS event.

Top Bottom