• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hornswoggle isn't in the game so this discussion is pointless.

Grownswoggle could be. Who knows.

I'm pretty serious about this, if you guys are all for it - but there needs to be some HIGH STAKES involved.

Meaning...

If you submit a wrestler, you must also agree that whoever WINS this WrassleGAF Mascot Rumble, you need to change your avatar for a month to that particular wrestler. You "bet" by making a submission, the payout is the winner.

Yes, there's a Maddox mark already, complete with avatar.

Banned though.

Damn, I liked Brera :(

gnrmjd

Which Raw seats are best for the Izod center the night after Wrestlemania?

izod-center-wwe-5950.jpg

Section 104 Row 25
Section 125 Row 2

Same price. At first I thought 125 Row 2 was way better but then Im thinking will I be able to see anything that low down from that angle?

KissVibes

Banned
I wouldn't be opposed to having a Royal Rumble on GWF to determine what wrassler is WrassleGAF's Official Mascot. Thoughts?

Look, we all know this Rumble is just a formality. So, let me make it easy on you and everyone else, I accept the position of WrassleGAF's Official Mascot.

I already have the bankable name, the look, and the move set. Do you know how much Shark shit you can sell to children? Kids love sharks and for the right price I'm tolerant of children.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Look, we all know this Rumble is just a formality. So, let me make it easy on you and everyone else, I accept the position of WrassleGAF's Official Mascot.

I already have the bankable name, the look, and the move set. Do you know how much Shark shit you can sell to children? Kids love sharks and for the right price I'm tolerant of children.

"Buy a shark tooth necklace"
"buy these oversized foam shark mouths"
"here's a fin for your back!"
"eat this chum"

You've got it all figured out... I can't hate that.

Already had Sharkboy and Sharkgirl. You'd just be a pale imitation.

McNei1y

I'm pretty serious about this, if you guys are all for it - but there needs to be some HIGH STAKES involved.

Meaning...

If you submit a wrestler, you must also agree that whoever WINS this WrassleGAF Mascot Rumble, you need to change your avatar for a month to that particular wrestler. You "bet" by making a submission, the payout is the winner.

I'm totally game for this. Ryback will win it so I'll just keep this avatar anyway.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't mind going back to my AJ avatar,

But let me get this straight, you win you change your avatar to the winner? Is that right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind going back to my AJ avatar,

But let me get this straight, you win you change your avatar to the winner? Is that right?

Let me turn it into an easier-to-understand story.

McNei1y submits Ryback as his, Soulplaya submits Kane, and I submit Batista.

Ryback wins - then since we "bought in" with our submissions, both Soul and I would have to change our avatars to Ryback.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I'm game!

Can you make all the stats 100% equal though?

I don't think I can. Some will be premade (on roster already) and it'd be a herculean effort even if I could change, so just take it for what it is.

EDIT: And also as should be obvious, people with maxed stats vs someone at 1% health still can still show the 1%er winning (hi Dragonzord vs Bish)

A few weeks ago I said we should regualy check WWE.com and count how many times we have HHH on the homepage despite him not being on TV.

Right now there are 5 Triple H images on the main page featuring him.

There are zero for Rock or Punk and only 1 for Cena.

I sware to god he is always on WWE.com in some way. Ether he is the superstar spotlight or some random DX recap or something but you will never see WWE.com Triple H-less.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can I borrow anyone to make a neat 'lil banner for the WrassleGAF Official Mascot Royal Rumble? I'll put that along with the voting form and instructions together once its made and I can get to assemblin' heroes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AAA in CanadAAA official now:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/75...art-to-replace-hart-legacy-wrestling.html?p=1

A press release issued this morning announced that AAA Canada presents Next Generation Wrestling will debut on 2/22 in Calgary, Alberta Canada at the Pavilion.

That promotion will be headed by Teddy Hart, playing off of his ties to AAA in Mexico, and is designed to replace the DOA Hart Legacy Wrestling promotion. HLW debuted last month with a live event that was well received artistically but left a number of unpaid wrestlers and others in its wake.

The press release for the 2/22 event, which will be taped for a taped delayed iPPV, promises a tournament to crown the first NGW champion as well as as John Morrison, Necro Butcher, Kevin Nash, Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Harry "DH" Smith), Jack Evans, Konnan and Hart himself appearing.

The promotion also announced a press conference for this afternoon in Calgary at Spolumbo's Fine Foods & Deli with more roster details coming on 2/11.

With a nod to the issues with HLW, the press release noted, "“All talent is confirmed and has been paid in advance, showing good faith by our new financial partners to support Next Generation Wrestling and its fans. There will be no issues, and we are excited that many of the talents that wowed Calgary before will be returning to the ring for this spectacular night of action."

As previously noted, the Hart family was not financially involved with the HLW event.

McNei1y

Can I borrow anyone to make a neat 'lil banner for the WrassleGAF Official Mascot Royal Rumble? I'll put that along with the voting form and instructions together once its made and I can get to assemblin' heroes.

If I had skills in photoshop, I would. But unfortunately I don't.

I'm taking my avatar bet in stride. Then again, i haven't been as active as I should. Still, maybe I'll have an Amblows avatar when he goes single wrestler (assuming Shield is disbanded after Wrestlemania due to Face Domination)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Once Laser does up the banner I'll unveil the competition and rules. If you submit a wrestler, your avatar is at stake! You have a 1/40 chance!

I'm taking my avatar bet in stride. Then again, i haven't been as active as I should. Still, maybe I'll have an Amblows avatar when he goes single wrestler (assuming Shield is disbanded after Wrestlemania due to Face Domination)

I really like your avatar, I love that weird-ass moment.

Kaladin

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/75...art-to-replace-hart-legacy-wrestling.html?p=1

A press release issued this morning announced that AAA Canada presents Next Generation Wrestling will debut on 2/22 in Calgary, Alberta Canada at the Pavilion.

That promotion will be headed by Teddy Hart, playing off of his ties to AAA in Mexico, and is designed to replace the DOA Hart Legacy Wrestling promotion. HLW debuted last month with a live event that was well received artistically but left a number of unpaid wrestlers and others in its wake.

The press release for the 2/22 event, which will be taped for a taped delayed iPPV, promises a tournament to crown the first NGW champion as well as as John Morrison, Necro Butcher, Kevin Nash, Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Harry "DH" Smith), Jack Evans, Konnan and Hart himself appearing.

The promotion also announced a press conference for this afternoon in Calgary at Spolumbo's Fine Foods & Deli with more roster details coming on 2/11.

With a nod to the issues with HLW, the press release noted, "“All talent is confirmed and has been paid in advance, showing good faith by our new financial partners to support Next Generation Wrestling and its fans. There will be no issues, and we are excited that many of the talents that wowed Calgary before will be returning to the ring for this spectacular night of action."

As previously noted, the Hart family was not financially involved with the HLW event.

They paid Kevin Nash in advance?

That press conference is roughly 10 blocks from my office and I have no plans for lunch right now...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys agree that Brad Mad was 10/10 on the mic Monday?
Was he doing a Bane impersonation?

He's in a weird position. I like his character, but I think WWE is forcing him out into the water without a paddle. It's weird. He really doesn't belong at the moment and nobody knows what to think of him.

strobogo

Banned
A bit late to the current topic, but Rock blew through all his return stuff in 2011. Unless he's back as a true full timer, burying folks in meaningless matches every week, I'm not really interested. Him showing up every other week to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson 80% of the time isn't very fun.

Striker

A bit late to the current topic, but Rock blew through all his return stuff in 2011. Unless he's back as a true full timer, burying folks in meaningless matches every week, I'm not really interested. Him showing up every other week to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson 80% of the time isn't very fun.
Punk and Cena are untouchable. They can lose for the next month non stop and the crowd won't think they're doomed at all. The skit with Rock-Rhodes Scholars is something done really well, but if he's just messing around with guys already cemented in their spots, who cares.

Cagey

Banned
Which Raw seats are best for the Izod center the night after Wrestlemania?

izod-center-wwe-5950.jpg

Section 104 Row 25
Section 125 Row 2

Same price. At first I thought 125 Row 2 was way better but then Im thinking will I be able to see anything that low down from that angle?

Izod has good sightlines in most places, but the building itself is a shitpile.

Grabbed a set in 127.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's alot of irony involved when promoting "Next Generation Wrestling" with such talent like Kevin Nash and Konnan.

Top Bottom