• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Pavaloo

If those spoilers are true, I wouldn't doubt that
Rock and Brock put on a great match.
I really just wanna see
Rock
back in his prime to see all the IWC haters eat crow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Were they not special features on the WM DVD/Blu-Rays?

I don't think each one has the full one - I think initially they put it on there but recently have been putting the cut-up ones they air on TV on there instead.

McNei1y

Because his promos are terrible and his matches are even worse.

Meh. His promos are pretty much the same promos he gave back in the Attitude Era. I think they're adequate. The Royal Rumble match wasn't great, I'll give you that. But I thought Once in a Lifetime I was a good match.

Kyoufu

Speaking of Rock matches...

has he taken any big hits since he returned? I can't remember a single one. Can't injure the movie star or something, right?

Kyoufu

what's a "big hit" in the pg era?

*still better than 98% of the roster

I know :lol :(

That's why I'm glad Rock is back, but I just wish he was better.

As for big hits, I just remembered he took the Shield hit onto the announcer table. So that counts I suppose. Other than that, he hasn't done a big spot.

KissVibes

Banned
If those spoilers are true, I wouldn't doubt that
Rock and Brock put on a great match.
I really just wanna see
Rock
back in his prime to see all the IWC haters eat crow.

You think
The Rock
will take the kind of hurting needed to make that match worthwhile for people? I want
Bork
fighting people that he can go to town with, not people he needs to worry about hurting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You think
The Rock
will take the kind of hurting needed to make that match worthwhile for people?

Good question. Cena leakin' all over the place was pretty much the hook for a lot of people to enjoy that match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone give me a Rock avatar.

Size it!

sLSY0wp.jpg

Pavaloo

Wait, the IWC is hating on him?
I've seen soooo much vitrol for the dude. A lot of fans who never saw him back in the day who despise him having taken the belt from CM Punk, with a people's elbow of all moves. Not all fans mind you, I've seen a lot and I really don't think he deserves as much hate as he's getting.
*still better than 98% of the roster
Pretty much my sentiments as well. His segment with Rhode Scholars was great as well. I think if you put him up with people who are also capable of keeping up with him, it can turn into some great segments.
You think
The Rock
will take the kind of hurting needed to make that match worthwhile for people? I want
Bork
fighting people that he can go to town with, not people he needs to worry about hurting.
This is a good point.
Brock's
wrestling style changed a lot after he left for
MMA
. I think if these two "vets" get back in the ring together though, they might be able to pull of a wrestling match akin to the ones they had back in 03. That is pure speculation though for sure, who knows what that match could look like.

Kyoufu

I agree Dave. His money promos since that shocking Cookie Puss promo have been decent.

But the difference between today's Rock and Attitude Era Rock was... Attitude.

He was an ass kicker back then. Now he does concerts and cracks jokes and plugs his twitter. Feels like he has been neutered to cater to the PG crowd :(

Can't blame anyone that hates on him.

PS: I fucking love the Rock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rock was never the 'smark's' favorite. The only reason you might think that is because when the smart marks were kids and dumb marks they marked for Rock, so they don't know what they were doing. I mean, he wasn't as bad as Hunter or anything, but he was far from totally beloved in the days of BBS.

Kind of like SoulPlaya and Kane

Striker

Wait, the IWC is hating on him?
Hollywood Rock is what it should be, and it's not like he changed up his vocabulary or relied on some inflammatory work. Ripping on crowds and simple segments with undercard guys like Hurricane Helms was really great.

As noted, the work with Rhodes Scholars was really well done. Would be nice if they're going to use him a bit, why not help do some segments with lower card guys. Rock would make them look like a million bucks.

XenoRaven

Rock was never the 'smark's' favorite. The only reason you might think that is because when the smart marks were kids and dumb marks they marked for Rock, so they don't know what they were doing. I mean, he wasn't as bad as Hunter or anything, but he was far from totally beloved in the days of BBS.

Kind of like SoulPlaya and Kane
But SoulPlaya never stopped loving Kane even after he became a watered-down shell of his former self.

Cesaro uppercutting Brock would be awesome.

Both would be awesome. hopefully WWE realizes the money matches they have.

Also they need to stop jobbing out Cody!

McNei1y

Hollywood Rock is what it should be, and it's not like he changed up his vocabulary or relied on some inflammatory work. Ripping on crowds and simple segments with undercard guys like Hurricane Helms was really great.

As noted, the work with Rhodes Scholars was really well done. Would be nice if they're going to use him a bit, why not help do some segments with lower card guys. Rock would make them look like a million bucks.

This is true. They shouldn't just save him for whatever big, moneymaking matchup they have for him. They need more Rhodes Scholarsesque segments.

Pavaloo

Cesaro vs Daniel Bryan would be pretty sweet. I saw some gifs of Pac/Adrian Neville vs Cesaro and now I really want to see that as well.

I really fucking like Cesaro.

Kaladin

You know we want to see Cesaro and Ohno tag in WWE, but they seem to have a thing against pairing two indie wrestlers on the same tag team. Just look at this NXT tag tournament, every indie star in the tournament is paired with an unknown.

Speaking of Ohno, can't wait for his feud with Regal to start.

I agree Dave. His money promos since that shocking Cookie Puss promo have been decent.

But the difference between today's Rock and Attitude Era Rock was... Attitude.

He was an ass kicker back then. Now he does concerts and cracks jokes and plugs his twitter. Feels like he has been neutered to cater to the PG crowd :(

Can't blame anyone that hates on him.

PS: I fucking love the Rock.

The concert and the first promo with Punk, I agree. I think he's improved a lot since then, the week before and after the Rumble I thought he was fantastic.

Comedy has been part of Rock's Schlick since like, 2001. I think he's managed to bring the intensity he was lacking last year back though. I don't have much hope for the Cena feud however.

UberTag

I've seen soooo much vitrol for the dude. A lot of fans who never saw him back in the day who despise him having taken the belt from CM Punk, with a people's elbow of all moves. Not all fans mind you, I've seen a lot and I really don't think he deserves as much hate as he's getting.
Here's why Dwayne doesn't deserve as much hate as he's getting.
Or any for that matter.
Anyone with a brain should have seen that finish coming a mile away after Cena won the Rumble.
Furthermore, they should be happy that Punk held the title for as long as he did.
And they shouldn't HATE Dwayne (he's spiking the ratings) so much as they should feel utterly apathetic about the entire product and simply not care.
Cena's getting his belt back for 450+ days as soon as Dwayne finishes his 3-movie promotional tour.

They simply shouldn't waste their energy hating Dwayne. He's a nice guy.

Top Bottom