• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Reading about RAW.

Yup. Seemed like WWE got nothing. They just kicked the ball forward another week while they mull things over. Only thing for sure is AJ is about to get buried.

CANT FUCKING WAIT FOR RAW FROM CHICAGO!

Thats if it doesnt get moved between now and then. Would not put it past the E.
Well, looks like Extreme Rules is getting moved so who the hell knows?

Anyone else find it hilarious that Big E keeps maiming everyone on the roster and leaving them scarred... and yet the only person he's beaned and yet showed no physical damage after said altercation was AJ Lee?

tumblr_mm0xyylADN1ra9jwfo1_500.gif

AJ's officially tougher than Roman Reigns. Shame her career's about to come to an end but at least CM Punk will be able to get 24/7 attention from her and not have to fear Big Dave getting his claws on her.

Aiii

So not worth it
They can swing either way, they can bury AJ, but they haven't been doing anything with her since SummerSlam anyways.

She's going to lose the title, but probably not until Mania to one of the Total Divas, that was probably the plan long before the Punk stuff.

Thing is, AJ was in the company long before Punk and higher on the card long before Punk too. She still sells a ton of merchandising, which if they're losing Punk could work in her favor as well. AJ is pretty much a homegrown WWE talent, having spend a couple of years in the indies, but never anything of real note. Plus, Vince supposedly is a fan of hers, so that's a good deal. As you say, burying AJ would piss off Punk more, so that goes against that too.

On the other hand, they could be trying to use her to get in contact with Punk or influence Punk and if she can't or flat out denies to get involved, that will fall back on her. There's the heat she got over not wanting to be on Total Divas, along with the heat from Beadle and then this shit and that might all build up and be cause for them to bury her for Punk walking out.

All in all, she's only been in a relationship with Punk for half a year or something and she's commited to being a wrestler, it would be insanely stupid for WWE to bury her for this, given how young she is and how much money they can still make from having her around, but I can see them being petty and burying her just for the sake of it.

Jamie OD

I doubt they'd bury AJ. Would they really want to piss off Punk and put a stamp on him not coming back?

It would be a really stupid move on their part.....though this is the WWE....so.......

They resisted taking the title off her after the Michelle Beadle incident went public because they didn't want to draw attention to it. They are probably in the same mindset here.

UberTag

Meltzer tells a crazy story on today's Observer about Ernie Ladd locking Gerald Brisco and his brother in the trunk of his car after knocking them out with a tire iron and dropping them on Eddie Graham's front lawn.
They went after him for walking out on a match he was supposed to lose because it was being recorded for television.

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually, Naomi vs. AJ could be pretty decent. They had some pretty good matches in the past (AJ actually mentioned this during commentary, but they ignored it). Naomi's biggest fault is that she's too much into her own gimmick now with the ass-based offense, turns her into more of a joke than she used to be.

But I guess joke-spots are a big part of WWE's idea of Women's Wrestling anyways.

DiscoJon

Banned
Thing is, AJ was in the company long before Punk and higher on the card long before Punk too.
Are you drunk? Serious question. Punk went to developmental (OVW) in 2005 and joined ECW in 2006.
AJ joined FCW in 2009 and went to NXT in 2010.
C'mon man.

"Higher on the card?" Yeah, okay pal.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are you drunk? Serious question. Punk went to developmental (OVW) in 2005 and joined ECW in 2006.
AJ joined FCW in 2009 and went to NXT in 2010.
C'mon man.

"Higher on the card?" Yeah, okay pal.

Long before SHE WAS DATING Punk.

I figured that was obvious from the context. Also, the higher on the card is about AJ, not about AJ in relation to Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
That was a pretty bad RAW.

Problem is it wasn't a bad Raw.

There's bad Raw's which are entertaining because they're bad and spark alot of discussion on this here forum and elsewhere. There's good Raw's that do the same and are fun in the process.

And then there's Raw's like this where nothing really happens and you're just bored 95% of the show. These are the Raw's that suck the most.

How is her debut botched? They introduced her, they showed her dance, they've told commentary to put over her dance (unfortunatly they're 45+ year old geezers so that didn't quite work, but I appreciate the effort) and now they're doing the most entertaining match Emma did in NXT on the main roster.

The crowd isn't going to instantly care about a joke-character like Emma just because she has a funny dance, that works great in the NXT arena in front of a hundred people, but to get that to work in front of 10.000 people is a whole different ballgame.
that's part of it, but they basically botch everything anyway. the second part though, that's obvious, but that's why ya gotta do something that isn't what they did. Ya wanna make a good first impression, but it felt forced and awkward. 45 year old men and Santino proclaiming something as "cool" isn't really anyone's idea of cool. It's weird to discuss, because her thing is purposefully not cool, but they're trying to claim it's an ironic cool, and you can't just decide that

I'm writing waaaaaay too much about something that won't matter when she starts Muta Locking fools, but forgive me for being a cynic

Aiii

So not worth it
Emma's entire gimmick is her dancing funny, I'm just not sure what you guys expected was going to happen I guess.

Xater

Problem is it wasn't a bad Raw.

There's bad Raw's which are entertaining because they're bad and spark alot of discussion on this here forum and elsewhere. There's good Raw's that do the same and are fun in the process.

And then there's Raw's like this where nothing really happens and you're just bored 95% of the show. These are the Raw's that suck the most.

So it was pretty bad.

Also Bryan vs Orton will become the new Cena vs Orton at this rate.

Aiii

So not worth it
So it was pretty bad.

Think about it, it wasn't that bad, it's just that nothing really happened.

The segments were okay, the crowd was muted (probably on purpose, maybe not), the promo's were by the book and Cody and Billy Gunn botched a move.

I can't call that bad, it's more that Raw was "there" and nothing really happens.

In my book, bad is where all the wrong people go over, crowd is completely dead or shits over all the wrong things, etc.

King's comeback was enough to call it a bad show
Emma's entire gimmick is her dancing funny, I'm just not sure what you guys expected was going to happen I guess.
idk i expect the worst with all NXT call-ups, and i pretty much got what i expected. i like things happening organically and yep i now realize how ridiculous that sounds considering the company

Valentus

WWE really can kick out of the arena people only for chanting a name?

It is legal?

The people can demand refunds for this?

Should i better call Saul?

Aiii

So not worth it
King's comeback was enough to call it a bad show

HEY SERPENTINE! OVER HERE SERPENTINE! I'M AFRAID I GOT SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU! HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK, YOU WON'T BE AROUND!
With boring shows like this, I suppose this would actually be good news.

idk i expect the worst with all NXT call-ups, and i pretty much got what i expected. i like things happening organically and yep i now realize how ridiculous that sounds considering the company

I get what you're saying, but NXT has a big problem in that it's not aired on TV in the US and nobody knows who any of these folks are. That in combination with most of them having very simple gimmicks that get over easily with small crowds, but are alot harder to get over with big crowds it's just gonna take a while.

Plus, WWE has trained their viewers to not care about female wrestlers, ever.

I can't believe they are doing another freakin' angle with King. Since Wade is a heel you know King will go over too. Faaaaccckiiing buuuuuulllshheeeeeeiitt.

Hasney

I get what you're saying, but NXT has a big problem in that it's not aired on TV in the US and nobody knows who any of these folks are. That in combination with most of them having very simple gimmicks that get over easily with small crowds, but are alot harder to get over with big crowds it's just gonna take a while.

They should have debuted her exactly like in NXT: As a heel that thinks she can dance. If she starts getting pops, turn her, if not, beat up the Bellas. Win-win.

I can't believe they are doing another freakin' angle with King. Since Wade is a heel you know King will go over too. Faaaaccckiiing buuuuuulllshheeeeeeiitt.

Yup, it's crap. Only plus point would be if Wade takes his gavel and bashes in Kings head.

Xater

For some reason they thought it was a great idea to bring this BNB gimmick on TV. I bet they couldn't come up with anything beyond that and now we get this shit.

HEY SERPENTINE! OVER HERE SERPENTINE! I'M AFRAID I GOT SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU! HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK, YOU WON'T BE AROUND!
With boring shows like this, I suppose this would actually be good news.

fuck i hope i'm not around for Raw next week
who am i kidding lol

yeeeeeeeaaaaah it sucks, but what can ya do. I can't see Bo doing too well on the main roster, but he's not a good wrestler so it's whatever. Neville's the opposite, he could become another Kofi Kingston. Or another Kofi Kingston tag team partner. Aiden English will be awesome for like 9 months maybe before they Sandow him.

Meanwhile, The Ascension will become tag team champions. Slots just cleared up in that division!
Have you somehow missed the awesome Miz angle today?
Someone mentioned Buff Bagwell earlier, i wouldn't even mind if they did that whole "feud with the guys who write the stories" angle at this point. I generally hate 4th wall shit like that, but it's The Miz so just go ridiculous as possible. He can argue with WWE Creative that the fans don't even know if he's a heel or babyface, and that's why he's not over. Use as many insider terms like that as possible.

It's gonna be the knockout blow to Wade's potential career in The E. Oh man.... I thought the brah was a main eventer for sure. Dat DDT on concrete :(

Striker

Orton lost again? Some World champion. Tried watching the first 90 minutes, but it just dragged. Matches that didn't mean anything, commentary cracking jokes and making cliches up the ass, Lawler entering another feud. Miz still being terrible.

Okay so I gather Raw was likely more rushed and thrown together than usual because WWE in in shambles mode (also more so than usual) but what is the deal with the authority anyway?

I mean I can gather from what people in here have said that somewhere down the line after NoC last year Trips decided that simply being a super heel authority figure wasn't enough so he and Steph took on this new role where they dump on everyone including their hand picked heel on a monthly basis burying him alongside everyone else because Trips is a visionary like that and this allows him to jump between face and heel roles on a weekly basis.
Meanwhile Kane is the main lackey of the authority because reasons, so seeing that HHH and Steph were in "screw Orton" mode at the start of raw undermining his face of the WWE shtick yet again why does their lackey Kane come down to try and help Orton win the match later one? It's like i'm missing a piece of the booking puzzle here, does HHH secretly love Orton but badmouths him on screen because it's like one of my Japanese animes or some shit? because Kane's presences makes like no sense otherwise. Basically the point is is that "The Authority" is surely the most inconsistent cack in authority figure history.

Maybe at long last I'll at least get that Team Hell No blow off match.

It's gonna be the knockout blow to Wade's potential career in The E. Oh man.... I thought the brah was a main eventer for sure. Dat DDT on concrete :(

The winds of change got redirected, they were too strong for WWE to handle.

Orton lost again? Some World champion. Tried watching the first 90 minutes, but it just dragged. Matches that didn't mean anything, commentary cracking jokes and making cliches up the ass, Lawler entering another feud. Miz still being terrible.
i was gonna joke about him picking up the slack for the IC Champ, but no, everyone is fucking losing.
-Ambrose hasn't defended the US Championship since October, has lost non-title matches to Punk and Bryan
-Literally every AJ story is that she gets pinned by the challenger to set up the PPV match
-Big E has been taking pinfalls in 6-man tags
-Orton has lost to Kofi and Bryan

That leaves the New Age Outlaws as the strongest booked champions. titles don't mean shiiiiiiiiiit

UberTag

I mean I can gather from what people in here have said that somewhere down the line after NoC last year Trips decided that simply being a super heel authority figure wasn't enough so he and Steph took on this new role where they dump on everyone including their hand picked heel on a monthly basis burying him alongside everyone else because Trips is a visionary like that and this allows him to jump between face and heel roles on a weekly basis.

Meanwhile Kane is the main lackey of the authority because reasons, so seeing that HHH and Steph were in "screw Orton" mode at the start of raw undermining his face of the WWE shtick yet again why does their lackey Kane come down to try and help Orton win the match later one? It's like i'm missing a piece of the booking puzzle here, does HHH secretly love Orton but badmouths him on screen because it's like one of my Japanese animes or some shit? because Kane's presences makes like no sense otherwise. Basically the point is is that "The Authority" is surely the most inconsistent cack in authority figure history.
Triple H is Megatron.
Orton is Starscream.
Megatron forever belittles and demeans Starscream while Starscream whines and complains about his lot in life.
Kane is Soundwave.
They're all still Decepticons rallying together to smite little Bumblebee (D.Brine).

Triple H is Megatron.
Orton is Starscream.
Megatron forever belittles and demeans Starscream while Starscream whines and complains about his lot in life.
Kane is Soundwave.
They're all still Decepticons rallying together to smite little Bumblebee (D.Brine).

This almost checks out, just needs to end with Cena coming out to save Brian and Triple H yelling AUTHORITY RETREAT every single week.
But we can't have that because Trips don't retreat.

Aiii

So not worth it
This almost checks out, just needs to end with Cena coming out to save Brian and Triple H yelling AUTHORITY RETREAT every single week.
But we can't have that because Trips don't retreat.

We should pull our money together and create a wrestling promotion that works in seasons and every season rips off another old TV-show or cartoon.

Like we can have a Saved By The Bell Season (Haskins will reprise his role as Mister Belding of course) and a Power Rangers Season (special guest star Jason David Franck as the Green Ranger) and maybe an X-Files season where half the roster turns out to be possessed by parasidic black goo ALIENS!

charsace

The way they handled it was terrible. Emma started off as an annoying heel in NXT and eventually got over. WWE just sees popularity in her dance and bubbles in NXT and wants to start selling merch as soon as possible so they give her this shit debut.

We should pull our money together and create a wrestling promotion that works in seasons and every season rips off another old TV-show or cartoon.

Like we can have a Saved By The Bell Season (Haskins will reprise his role as Mister Belding of course) and a Power Rangers Season (special guest star Jason David Franck as the Green Ranger) and maybe an X-Files season where half the roster turns out to be possessed by parasidic black goo ALIENS!
you'll have your first major star when Xavier Woods voluntarily quits WWE to join your promotion

Triple H is Megatron.
Orton is Starscream.
Kane is Soundwave.

That almost works perfectly except sometimes HHH will randomly help faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom