• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltzer is such an idiot, like all the time.

Doubt this actually came from Meltzer, smells like some internet troll really. He didn't mention anything about it in his Raw recap. He didn't say anything about AJ's commentary at all in fact (Dave doesn't seem to like AJ all that much so he ignores most of what she does).

RBH

ioMJOA5clgD7m.gif

RBH

KURT ANGLE BLOWS UP AT HEAD OF TNA CREATIVE OVERSEAS (INCLUDES TNA SPOILERS)
by Mike Johnson @ 9:24 AM on 2/3/2014

As we noted last week, Kurt Angle gutted his way through the TNA UK tour with a knee injury and is slated to undergo surgery shortly after he returns to the United States. The surgery was originally planned for late January but was pushed back by Angle so he didn't miss the TNA tour after Jeff Hardy was unable to go and Sting left the company, leaving Angle as the biggest "name" on the roster.

During the Glasgow, Scotland tapings, an angle was shot where Angle was beaten with steel chairs, which appears to be where he is written out of TNA storylines.

The next day in Manchester, Angle was informed by TNA Creative that he was slated to do a run-in during a segment. Sources indicated that Angle hit the roof because he had already been written out of storylines and because he was working despite doctor's orders to not do anything physical due to the impending surgery.
John Gaburick was said to have been on the wrong end of Angle's rant and in the end, Angle did not work that taping.

However, an angle was filmed at the Wembley Arena where Angle, after accepting his TNA Hall of Fame induction, ends up in a physical confrontation with Ethan Carter III and announces he will wrestle Carter in a cage at Lockdown.

So, unless the angles were filmed out of sequence, it appears TNA is expecting Angle to gut through the Lockdown PPV as well. He has not, to date, been featured in any of the marketing for the show.

They should have debuted her exactly like in NXT: As a heel that thinks she can dance. If she starts getting pops, turn her, if not, beat up the Bellas. Win-win.

It's amazing that they missed how Emma's character works. She's not over because of the stupid dance, she got a stupid dance over on NXT because of her charisma and the fact she was terrible at everything but wrestling. The NXT audience cheered for her because they saw her struggling and wanted to support her, if all she was on NXT was the dance she wouldn't be as over as she is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They shit the bed with Emma last night. It's a shame.

Raw was dogshit, I hate you Aiii for pretending otherwise :mad:

Aiii

So not worth it
They shit the bed with Emma last night. It's a shame.

Raw was dogshit, I hate you Aiii for pretending otherwise :mad:

My argument was that when Raw is dogshit at least I can have fun listening to people blow their lid or read them do it here.

When Raw is like it was last night it's just there and nobody gives a shit to rant and rave about it, thus it being boring.

I don't know how this is interpreted as "Aiii said Raw was good" or something.

Just watched this match;

Kenta Kobashi vs Akira Taue - (AJPW 03/21/1995)

ibjioF2o4RSmzn.gif

I find that Taue's the most overlooked of All Japan's four pillars - he never got the singles push of Misawa & Kobashi, or even Kawada, but was a huge part of the success of the promotion in the 90's. Even so, when talking about good Taue matches, it's often his tag work that gets brought up, but he does have some great singles matches to his name and this is one of them. Great work from both guys throughout, love the story of Taue having to fight from under Kobashi's onslaught at the beginning. Also, gotta love that Nodowa Otoshi - Taue's probably got my favourite chokeslam ever (sorry, Kane).

Ithil

Doubt this actually came from Meltzer, smells like some internet troll really. He didn't mention anything about it in his Raw recap. He didn't say anything about AJ's commentary at all in fact (Dave doesn't seem to like AJ all that much so he ignores most of what she does).

Pretty sure Meltzer likes AJ fine, he usually praises her mic work and seems to consider her and Natalya the only decent female workers on the main roster. He really doesn't care about the main roster's Divas matches though, he skips over them (like most people).

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty sure Meltzer likes AJ fine, he usually praises her mic work and seems to consider her and Natalya the only decent female workers on the main roster. He really doesn't care about the main roster's Divas matches though, he skips over them (like most people).

Fair enough, same difference.

Patryn

As lapsed fan who had his interest rekindled because of the Rumble and the drama around it, the WWE couldn't have put on a worse RAW if they tried.

Because, seriously, that did nothing to bring me back into the fold and everything to make me say fuck wrestling and forget all about it for another 10 years.

Aiii

So not worth it
As lapsed fan who had his interest rekindled because of the Rumble and the drama around it, the WWE couldn't have put on a worse RAW if they tried.

Because, seriously, that did nothing to bring me back into the fold and everything to make me say fuck wrestling and forget all about it for another 10 years.

Normally I'd say BAIL THE FUCK OUT, but with the drama that's going on now I would recommend sticking around until at least the Raw after EC to see what happens at the PPV and what Taker and Brock end up doing.

Ozone

I really hope the Emma Dance quickly catches on with the main roster crowds. I love Emma so much. :(

Also I just finalized my flight to Florida on the 27th for NXT: Arrival. I can't pass up going to NXT's first (and maybe only?) PPV.

I really hope the Emma Dance quickly catches on with the main roster crowds. I love Emma so much. :(

Also I just finalized my flight to Florida on the 27th for NXT: Arrival. I can't pass up going to NXT's first (and maybe only?) PPV.
I thought it was just a live hour special brah. PPV is dead.

Valentus

Does anybody remember another city that goes apeshit for their "local wrestler" of the actual roster besides Chicago? I dont remember anybody (other than CM Punk) of the actual roster make his hometown roar.

Hell, i remember even in Cena's Hometown the guy was boo'ed.

RAW in Chicago is gonna be fun.

Raw64life

Does anybody remember another city that goes apeshit for their "local wrestler" of the actual roster besides Chicago? I dont remember anybody (other than CM Punk) of the actual roster make his hometown roar.

Hell, i remember even in Cena's Hometown the guy was boo'ed.

RAW in Chicago is gonna be a fun.

After the last time Raw was in Seattle I can see it becoming like that for Bryan in the future.

It won't. They killed that dead quicker than they did with that Fandangoing bollocks. Secondly she should only use that gimmick walking to the ring.

WWE needs to stop trying to make people likable, because they continuously fuck it up..

Also starting out as a heel gets people over quicker.

Ithil

WWE seem to think telling you something is fun and likable is enough to make it so. Cena is evidence of that, of course, but it's a systematic problem and a reason they have nearly no over faces, and their most over face is a guy they haven't supported for 90% of his career there.

Aiii

So not worth it
Even worse, the people that they have telling you it's fun and cool are Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler.

Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler are about the least cool people on the fucking planet. Like all of it. Whenever they think something is cool, everyone else goes "yep, not cool at all" by default.

Only thing worse would be if JBL started screaming "IT'S THE EMMALUTION MAGGLE" during her entrance and they'd show him doing her dance.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I fell asleep before the ME last night.

Popped some nyquil because of a nasty cold and mix that with RAW last night and I was out like Dolph Ziggler after any wrestling move.

Sounds like I didn't miss much. Randy Orton really is the most fucking boring wrestler in the company right now.

Ithil

"I've got some bad news for you, hopefully next week, you won't be around!"

That's not even news, that's what King is hoping for.

PopfulMail

I've no doubt that Emma will be ruined in time because frankly they don't seem to give a shit about the diva division... but I'm not understanding how last night means she's already doa. You've got a shit crowd where 90% of the people probably have no clue who she is... and it's as if people here are expecting some DBryan level of crowd interaction with her. Shit... I was shocked that you even had a brief "Emma" chant from the crowd during the her moment in ring.

Aiii

So not worth it
"I've got some bad news for you, hopefully next week, you won't be around!"

That's not even news, that's what King is hoping for.

Honestly, I think they fed him a line and he just completely blanked on it and improved this one.

Cole pretending like it was super funny makes me think King was supposed to tell him off with a joke.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
For ppl worrying about Emma because she didnt get over on night one....The Wyatss werent over from the start, niether were people like CMpunk. She is likeable and hte dance is fun to do...i give it 2 weeks max before shes over huge

Hasney

For ppl worrying about Emma because she didnt get over on night one....The Wyatss werent over from the start, niether were people like CMpunk. She is likeable and hte dance is fun to do...i give it 2 weeks max before shes over huge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NdtYpvECm8

Heyman knows how to book. Put some video segments up with him talking and make sure he goes out to a smark crowd with his name from the indies. Waited for the right time and place and it went over quite nicely. Think that years Survivor Series was also the one where he "outpopped DX"

Obviously went off the rails when Heyman left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom