• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I've no doubt that Emma will be ruined in time because frankly they don't seem to give a shit about the diva division... but I'm not understanding how last night means she's already doa. You've got a shit crowd where 90% of the people probably have no clue who she is... and it's as if people here are expecting some DBryan level of crowd interaction with her. Shit... I was shocked that you even had a brief "Emma" chant from the crowd during the her moment in ring.

The crowd was dead during this segment. They should not have just make her dance. It somehow should have ended up in a fight and Emma should have dominated it. Show off her skills.

Hasney

Im talking about with the average WWE crowds, most of them didnt give a damn about him for a while. all those ppl at the Hammerstien Ballroom that night have followed his pre WWE career, that was the perfect place to debut him.

True, but we're talking one night with the Emma thing as well. They just don't know what to do with debuts like that.

Shoved her in front of a smark or Florida crowd and she might have even gotten over.

The crowd was dead during this segment. They should not have just make her dance. It somehow should have ended up in a fight and Emma should have dominated it. Show off her skills.

Why shouldn't she have danced? That's her gimmick. She needs to show off her gimmick. I wouldn't know how to respond to Emma either after seeing her in the ring with Santino, Fandango and the bird. This probably would have been a better backstage segment with Renee or something. I hate how the interviews and stuff are on the app cause I'll never watch them. Come to think of it...there really isn't any character development at all going on now is it?

Xater

Why shouldn't she have danced? That's her gimmick. She needs to show off her gimmick. I wouldn't know how to respond to Emma either after seeing her in the ring with Santino, Fandango and the bird. This probably would have been a better backstage segment with Renee or something. I hate how the interviews and stuff are on the app cause I'll never watch them. Come to think of it...there really isn't any character development at all going on now is it?

I didn't say that. I say she should not JUST have danced. If you get them to the ring let them fight. Shot like this doesn't get anyone over with the crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
So they have that mixed tag next week and everyone will forget about last night.

People are being way too sensitive over shit like this.

strobogo

Banned
WWE should only debut people after WM and Summerslam, when they have the smarkiest crowds who will pop for every former indie star and actually know who NXT people are.

Xater

WWE should only debut people after WM and Summerslam, when they have the smarkiest crowds who will pop for every former indie star and actually know who NXT people are.

That's also a good idea. After Rumble would probably also work though.

Vylash

Am I the only one who hates it when guys go for moves that obviously won't connect? Like Swagger going for a double axe handle on Christian last night when he was on the mat, that obviously wasn't going to connect and was just a set up for an obvious counter.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
David Flair got to have sex with Stacy Keibler and I never will. That is plaguing my mind today. I've never wrestled a legit match and I am ten times the wrestler he was. Call me Stacy!

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
True, but we're talking one night with the Emma thing as well. They just don't know what to do with debuts like that.

Shoved her in front of a smark or Florida crowd and she might have even gotten over.

True, they already showed her dancing for weeks, she should have hit a move and or at least throw summer out the ring.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Her gimmick is that she sucks at everything except wrestling, and her bad dancing is the iconic awful-thing she does.

Hasney

David Flair got to have sex with Stacy Keibler and I never will. That is plaguing my mind today. I've never wrestled a legit match and I am ten times the wrestler he was. Call me Stacy!

George Clooney is 20 times the worker you are though. Sorry brah :(

I've botched less Shooting Star Presses than Kidman though. maybe I should look up Torrie Wilson.

Rapstah

I burst out laughing at Del Rio's "now listen Batista, I'm gonna hurt you. I'm gonna hurt you until I hear you say 'please, mister Del Rio, don't hurt me! Senor Del Rio, don't break my arm'" because it really sounded like he was going to say "don't break my heart". Batista started laughing too.

Aiii

So not worth it
Once the Network launches and they have more eyes on NXT from the States I'm sure we'll see better reactions to NXT debuts.

strobogo

Banned

Search function on Legit Shook is a life saver.

Kaladin

When Cole said "This is not breaking news" or something along those lines last night about Orton being in a bad mood when he was walking to the ring, I kind of felt like that was a jab at the Punk news getting out early.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
http://static.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/t/5260af0fe4b0b091dda353ff/1382068024100/?format=500w[/IMG

[IMG]http://static.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/t/525f95ebe4b03075c47e9e70/1381996028339/?format=500w[/IMG

[IMG]https://static.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/t/52432fa9e4b07ea3b539b034/1380134975647/?format=500w[/IMG

Search function on Legit Shook is a life saver.[/QUOTE]

Any gifs of him pretending to be Sting from Slamboree 2000? He even sucked at that.

Ithil

I've no doubt that Emma will be ruined in time because frankly they don't seem to give a shit about the diva division... but I'm not understanding how last night means she's already doa. You've got a shit crowd where 90% of the people probably have no clue who she is... and it's as if people here are expecting some DBryan level of crowd interaction with her. Shit... I was shocked that you even had a brief "Emma" chant from the crowd during the her moment in ring.

Nothing to do with the crowd, it was the way they debuted it. It's not a good idea to start her off doing her bad dance and yelling at the TV audience about how fun it is.
She got over organically in NXT, and they're trying to force it here. She'll still get over I expect but it was a weak debut.

Ozone

ProWrestling.com said:
- Members of the WWE creative team attended last Thursday’s NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University to evaluate some of the developmental talents, possibly looking to come up with debut storylines for some of them.
I'm very cautious about this.

ProWrestling.com said:
- CM Punk was advertised for the March 3rd RAW in Chicago in commercials that aired during last night’s RAW in the market. This could be a mistake of not updating advertising or WWE could be under the impression that Punk will be back before March 3rd.
I don't know if we should read too much into this, but this seems like a huge mistake.

strobogo

Banned
I'm sick of the buckle bomb. It looks like it hurts less than an Irish whip unless guys are really reckless with it. The only guy to make it look legit was Kobashi.

Kaladin

I kinda like the thing about indie wrestling where anyone can do any move, but only the person who has perfected it can finish with it. Sure, it makes for some high impact spot fests, but it also makes for more fun matches when you aren't limited by the moves you can and can't do because some other wrestler is using it as their signature move.

How have I never made the Summer Rae/Dee Reynolds connection before?

strobogo

Banned
I kinda like the thing about indie wrestling where anyone can do any move, but only the person who has perfected it can finish with it. Sure, it makes for some high impact spot fests, but it also makes for more fun matches when you aren't limited by the moves you can and can't do because some other wrestler is using it as their signature move.

Wrestling isn't about moves, it's about when you do the moves. Randy Savage had about 5 regular moves: Flying elbow drop, knee drop, double ax handle, throat thing on the top rope, and a piledriver at various points of his career. Dude was awesome. Ricky Steamboat really only had a few as well: Cross body, karate chop, knife edge chop, fist drop, sometimes a tombstone. Dude was awesome. Having or being able to do a bunch of moves doesn't mean dick if you don't use them properly in the context of the match you're in.

Batigol

Banned
I'm watching on dvr and up to Fandango. Is Emma intentionally awkward? Because that segment was really hard to watch. I had to forward it out of embarrassment

Ithil

I'm very cautious about this.

I don't know if we should read too much into this, but this seems like a huge mistake.

If the best they could come up with for the super over Emma in NXT was "she does her dance and nothing else" as a debut, I wouldn't hold my breath.

charsace

Wrestling isn't about moves, it's about when you do the moves. Randy Savage had about 5 regular moves: Flying elbow drop, knee drop, double ax handle, throat thing on the top rope, and a piledriver at various points of his career. Dude was awesome. Ricky Steamboat really only had a few as well: Cross body, karate chop, knife edge chop, fist drop, sometimes a tombstone. Dude was awesome. Having or being able to do a bunch of moves doesn't mean dick if you don't use them properly in the context of the match you're in.

Your post is the reason why I love Ambrose. In WWE and NXT his move set has been old school heel and I love his selling.

I'm watching on dvr and up to Fandango. Is Emma intentionally awkward? Because that segment was really hard to watch. I had to forward it out of embarrassment

She is supposed to be an idiot savant in wrestling. Dumb at everything else and just a great wrestler.

Ithil

Her gimmick in NXT is she's a terrible dancer and a klutz, but in an endearing way.

charsace

It's gonna be one sided, so the interest wanes a bit.

I know. I just love Del Rio's matches and I can see him getting a good match out of Batista.

Last night's crowd blew. I don't understand why these dead places get anything beyond house shows.

Ozone

What they need to do to ensure Emma gets over is take her entrance back to square one. No bubbles. Fails to do the flip into the ring. Then have her slowly get better at it and introduce a few bubbles before building it up into an insane bubble dance party.

You know, like what they did in NXT.

charsace

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes Del Rio. He is just so boring. I don't get it.

I think he's a great wrestler in the ring and has charisma (which he shows in ring), but he doesn't have a character outside of the ring and it kills him. With his still and finisher he would better off with a way more aggressive character who is looking to hurt guys in his matches instead of this rich guy from mexico who is rich, speaks broken English (which is bullshit done for the dumb character he has) and a minority so you shouldn't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom