• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Seems like there's a logical reason for Big E getting de-pushed given how unsafe he's proving to be in the ring.
Even Cena being his best buddy won't keep him safe forever.

You really shouldn't be wearing Clint if you think scars make a face less marketable.

I didn't mean to imply that scars aren't great. I give myself battle scars every morning while chewing coffee beans just to prove how manly I am. My point was that Reigns is a monster with HBK tendencies so he was probably boiling when getting those stitches.

I actually have a scar on the same spot.

I can see that.
eUtYCwo.jpg

As much as I'm against chanting CM Punk during a show, people being kicked out for it is retarded.

But I'd be lying if I didn't wanna see the Chicago crowd just make this secret mob where everyone in the crowd makes a mosaic picture of Punk like those 'celebrations' where they show a picture of Kim Jong Il (or Un for that matter) using many people in North Korea. That would be hilarious.

Pavaloo

Pavaloo is the shining beacon of hope this thread so desperately needs.
Thanks bean breath! Monday nights are trying some times.
MAGGLE
I concur. Mocking, self-deluded fans are exactly the kind of fans that the WWE deserves. They should appreciate each and every one they get.
Hell, they should send out free tickets and WWE Network subscriptions to these people.

1) I'd rather be the "optimistic" guy than the cynical guy. I'll say what I like about a segment, see improvements, and what needs to be worked on, but I won't treat each Raw like it's the worst its possibly been in weeks. To quote myself from earlier in the thread:
it's not even aggressively bad, it's a pretty standard raw. opening promo saying DB is main event, a flat BNB lawler segment that last all of 2 minutes, then a 6 team tag with shield which was good, then the christian match which was fine, then tag team championship cage match which was meh but had the moonsault spot, then THE AWESOME SANTINO SEGMENT, and now this sheamus match. again, standard raw so far, you guys just like to pretend raw is the worst thing you've ever seen in wrestling every single week.
I guess Soul said it better: The show was shit when Punk was champ, it was shit now, and it'll probably be shit when Daniel Bryan is champ too. I just hate the incessant "dae hate vince mcmahon/hhh/thebellas/therock/batista" I try to escape /r/squaredcircle over here, it's too much.
2) I would love to be officially endorsed by the WWE with a free subscription. Get at me and I can be your Gaf hype man WWE.
Then I will work my way up.

watching RAW now, and Emma's debut... fuck, that was worse than i expected. Emma was always the one (and Breeze, maybe) that i felt would have the most trouble getting over on the main roster, and we're already off to a great start!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I noticed Punk was erased from the signature at the top of the show

they replaced him with a picture of Kane

DiscoJon

Banned
Speaking of terrible facial hair, WTF are you thinking Batista? Good lord.

"Mr. Charisma" Alberto Dellll Rrrrrrrioooo!!!

It's like god hates me right now. These two... Ugh.

strobogo

Banned
watching RAW now, and Emma's debut... fuck, that was worse than i expected. Emma was always the one (and Breeze, maybe) that i felt would have the most trouble getting over on the main roster, and we're already off to a great start!

I eagerly await a Breeze/Fandango feud in the same vein as HBK vs Rick Martel. No punches to the face allowed match!

Apparently people got kicked out of RAW for chanting "CM PUNK". Damn I can't wait for Chicago

What, why would they kick them out when they could just mute them on the broadcast?

They're not worried about Chicago, they'll just mute the chants like they did in Cleveland and Omaha. Right guys?

Damn WWE muting chants.

strobogo

Banned
Things I want to see Enzo do on the main roster:

Be in the Cesaro Swing for 100 revolutions
Call Bork Laser SAWFT
Out squawk Summer Rae
Make fun of Zack Ryder
Sit in on commentary regularly

Santino should've been pushed to the top after the crowd went ape in that one Elimination Chamber, even if it was only a test push for a month. They could've just used it to build his character with "Remember that one month when you were good?" if the push failed.

gurudyne

Woah, so apparently Emma debuted today AND the crowd buried her?

Blame the writers. She debuted with people telling the crowd she was great (Cole, Santino) leading into a dancing contest bit versus Summer Rae. Horrible way to debut an "unselfaware woman with a goofy dance" gimmick.

strobogo

Banned
Santino should've been pushed to the top after the crowd went ape in that one Elimination Chamber, even if it was only a test push for a month. They could've just used it to build his character with "Remember that one month when you were good?" if the push failed.

I agree if it was at any other point than WM season.

Did you see when Miz was cutting his shoot promo and he whipped the headset off and his hair had a sideways cowlick?

Why is WWE pushing a guy that barks like a dog and a guy with an internet show while they bury The Miz just like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk?

I agree if it was at any other point than WM season.

WM season is overrated, and I hate how it totally handcuffs booking. Just push the dude as a comedic wrestler who's unlocked his potential, and get him into one of the main events. They likely already had the real main event prepared, so getting Santino into the other one wouldn't have been an issue. Just see what happens.

Santino could've been the face of the company by now. In some alternate universe, Santino is spearheading the new golden era. DON'T YOU WANT THAT, STRO?

strobogo

Banned
Stro, I love ya, but your avatar is starting to turn into late-era NWO. Waaaaaaay too much going on.

There is still room for Virgil, Norman Smiley, Tyler Breeze, and Renee Young.

lol during the Raw Bowl 96 Vince says NAACP instead of NCAA

Freudian much?

I'm sure that was 100% intentional. 1994-1996 was super weird on commentary with tons of truly awful topical jokes from Vince. Really bad. Worse than the topical stuff done today. One of the worst parts of the New Generation.

alright, who said that Omaha normally had great crowds. i gotta know so i know who to never listen to ever again.

i guess to be fair, this Raw is SO FUCKING BAD. I'd rather watch their piglet races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom