• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

He also needs to stop saying random Spanish words in promos.

We get it, you're Mexican. I think we're past that now.

Striker

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes Del Rio. He is just so boring. I don't get it.
He's lacked character since Cener did his usual "lol your cars aren't real, they're rentals" shit. He's had great work with Ziggler, Sheamus, and Mysterio. Just generally has no direction and reasons for the things he does. He joins the line of another guy they cannot book properly.

DMczaf

Remember when Cena outed Del Rio's character for using rented cars that he didn't even know the names of? Aw man, that Cena!

Everyone is understandably tense. We want Emma to succeed. But at a time when The E is supposed to be firing on all cylinders in a clear direction. They are more like a dickless man trying to have sex.

charsace

Del Rio is great talent, WWE just books him poorly and gives him a little to no character to work with and what they do give him is stupid bullshit like the saying things in Spanish just because.

Everyone is understandably tense. We want Emma to succeed. But at a time when The E is supposed to be firing on all cylinders in a clear direction. They are more like a dickless man trying to have sex.
She will flop with this type of booking. Its obvious that they want her gimmick to catch on to sell merch. They only saw how popular she was in NXT, not how well her character was handled in NXT. She has a defined character and her in ring style relates to her character. One of the huge problems with the WWE currently is that they want to sell shit so they don't take the time to build up people properly.

Pavaloo

I liked Emma on NXT, but it took me a little while, I really didn't like her at first. Thought the dance was stupid! but then catching wind to the idea that she is supposed to be incredibly awkward (ring entrance with the rope flip) and also that she thinks she's a good dancer, sold me on her.

I would've debuted her in backstage segments where she hypes up her first appearance for a few weeks with how crazy good she is at dancing and that summer day should watch out, then have her debut dancing awkwardly and the announcers reacting like it isn't fun or quirky lol.

That being said:

faaaannndiiiiiinnngooo

Xater

Del Rio hasn't impressed me in the ring either so far. It's more likely that he will put me to sleep like Cena. He is what I would call competent but uninteresting.

Limit

Del Rio is crisp in the ring. But his poor mic skills continue to hinder him from connecting with the crowd; both as a face and a heel.

Batigol

Banned
Finished Raw. Worst one I've seen in months.

The Emma segment was so so bad. That shit never looks good on tv, wtf are they thinking. Couldn't debut any worse

Too much dead weight and people I don't care about. Ryder, really? And Christian? How has he not retired yet

Crowd was really disappointing too.

Stephanie has big arms, but she's hot so that was my highlight of Raw

Aiii

So not worth it
I for one am really looking forward to Betty White though, love her humor, should be fun to have her YES-chanting with Bryan or something.

Xater

It'd be nice if we could discuss indie wrestling here without everything boiling down to "lol, indie wrestling", with accompanying gifs.

I have no issue with indie wrestling. There is some stupid shit as seen in some of Strobo's gifs, but there is also cool stuff.

Del Rio is great talent, WWE just books him poorly and gives him a little to no character to work with and what they do give him is stupid bullshit like the saying things in Spanish just because.

She will flop with this type of booking. Its obvious that they want her gimmick to catch on to sell merch. They only saw how popular she was in NXT, not how well her character was handled in NXT. She has a defined character and her in ring style relates to her character. One of the huge problems with the WWE currently is that they want to sell shit so they don't take the time to build up people properly.

-They took Ricardo away
-They botched his entrance music
-They made Cena destroy his gimmick just because

It's WWE's fault he lost all the momentum he had. He needs to change a thing or two and better creative

And he's not going to get it :(

I skipped Raw last night in favor of the latest Kayfabe Commentaries release covering 1993 in WCW with Vader. March 25th, they're releasing a YouShoot with the ICP which should be a trainwreck but still entertaining.

I for one am really looking forward to Betty White though, love her humor, should be fun to have her YES-chanting with Bryan or something.

I thought you were done with RAW except for watching AJ's segments?

lolololol

Every mark who says he's quitting comes back the next week.

She seems to be the type of person that can make any segment work. Maybe there's hope for Miz, Del Rio, Sheamus and Cena next week. Eh, nevermind. Miz will find a way to ruin it. Miz ruins everything. Is there still no word why he came out to the announce table to complain about Ryder of all people?

Edit:
Never speaking again would be a good start.

Ha. Or that.

Vylash

F4Wonline.com is reporting Batista cut a local promo to Omaha that aired on the titantron while RAW was on commercial. The promo talked about how he was a big fan of baseball and the College World Series which takes place in Omaha.

WWE had him do this to try and help get the crowd behind him before he came out minutes later for his television segment with Alberto Del Rio.

oh my god, this is amazing

Ravager61

A reddit user made a Daniel Bryan shirt I actually like. Just bought one

fc,550x550,black.jpg
http://www.redbubble.com/people/gro...-ist-krieg?ref=work_carousel_work_portfolio_1

Looks like Tim Donst & Sugar Dunkerton are done with CHIKARA for the time being.

I have no issue with indie wrestling. There is some stupid shit as seen in some of Strobo's gifs, but there is also cool stuff.

Definitely, but there's stupid shit in pretty much every style of wrestling. It's just that when those styles are brought up the conversation doesn't head in the same predictable pattern as it does with indie wrestling.

It'd be like every time I mentioned New Japan, someone posted a gif of Ishii & Shibata taking it in turns to backdrop driver one another. Or when someone mentions lucha libre, someone else posts a string of gifs of luchadores hitting convoluted flips that barely connect. Or whenever WWE's brought up, someone posts gifs of Cena no-selling like a chump, etc.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
He also needs to stop saying random Spanish words in promos.

We get it, you're Mexican. I think we're past that now.

I hate it when they have a character do that. Always found it annoying.

I still say Del Rio losing at WM27 killed whatever momentum he had. After that, he was just another guy. I also remember he lost to Christian on the Smackdown before wrestlemania for some dumb fucking reason.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The problem with Del Rio is that he is literally the heel that gets fed to guys for whatever feud of the month. Sort of like a biggest loser award.

Pizoxuat

I must be the only one that likes Del Rio and likes his feud with Batista.

I really want to like Del Rio. I like him in the ring, where I think he has good matches and great charisma, especially as a cocky heel. His promos I can do without.

I really want to like a feud that started over twitter smacktalk because the idea amuses me.

I just find it hard to get invested when there's zero chance that this ends with anything other than total Batista domination.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I like watching ADR in the ring but hes had the same gimmick for way too long now. Kick out Swagger and have him join Cesaro or something. I don't really care what, just give him something different.

charsace

I like watching ADR in the ring but hes had the same gimmick for way too long now. Kick out Swagger and have him join Cesaro or something. I don't really care what, just give him something different.

Cesaro's headshake was the best moment outside of a match the whole night. The way he shook his head and the look he had when doing it was priceless.

One thing that really made the Del Rio/Batista segment is that they didn't come out in wrestling gear. The only guy that it makes sense for them to have on their gear is Orton since it takes him hours to prepare his body for a match.

I'm very cautious about this.

I don't know if we should read too much into this, but this seems like a huge mistake.

Yeah he's still being advertised for a house show in March here, too. It's just the same commercial they were showing before the timeline deviated.

Kaladin

Kind of relevant to the Network.

MLB.TV just announced their packages for 2014.

904x131_MLBTV_NewFeatures.jpg

Xbox One compatibility is listed as Spring 2014, so I'm assuming the WWE Network will follow shortly after.

PWInsider said:
"It's like the Cuban Missile Crisis", former WWE star Cliff "Domino" Compton said about the WWE-CM Punk situation during a PWInsider Elite audio last week.
So, perhaps it's fitting that WWE has begun to silently remove CM Punk from packages and graphics within their programming.

Punk was removed from the WWE open that is seen at the start of every WWE broadcast, replaced with an old masked shot of Kane.

Punk was also removed from a Raw graphic on the WWE App over the course of yesterday.

Perhaps most telling, a clip of Punk talking about Paul Heyman was removed from a preview package of the WWE Network's WWE Countdown series.

To date, WWE has not publicly responded to requests for comments on Punk's current WWE status. Punk is still listed on the company roster.

l o l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom