• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I think WWE would like Kharma back at some point too. She was in the "top 10 Rumble moments" video. That was her only match with the company. You'd think if they considered her a huge failure they'd pretend it never happened instead of promoting it.

Emma's debut last night was exactly how it should be. She is just going to be terrible and awkward week after week without wrestling, culminating in a mixed tag at Wrestlemania She will squash the shit out of Summer and Fandango and faceplant on her way out of the ring.

The idea of Fandango being in love with her even though her dancing nauseates him is top notch.

WWE Benoit'd CM Punk pretty damn fast.

Erased!

Raw from Chicago next month should be a laugh.

Its sad really. 2000 era WWF would kill for something like this that they could get some heat off.

But then again that is the last 6 months in a nut shell. "Here is this thing we could do something great with but nope. Stay the course and continue with this dumb idea no one cares about. Fan reaction be damned"

strobogo

Banned
It'd be nice if we could discuss indie wrestling here without everything boiling down to "lol, indie wrestling", with accompanying gifs.

iM7ESZzNU8l8j.gif

iWUrCVskgTbrE.gif

iMYWk66q4shCw.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the fun of "lol indie wrestling" talk is the gifs. Everything has its place :)

Xater

oh my god, this is amazing

Hahahaha, this is awesome. Batista having to suck up to the crowd to prevent a negative reaction must have been hilarious.

Definitely, but there's stupid shit in pretty much every style of wrestling. It's just that when those styles are brought up the conversation doesn't head in the same predictable pattern as it does with indie wrestling.

Yep, WWE has it's fair share of stupid stuff.

Verendus

Banned
It really is so much better when you can skip most of Raw. It took me 15-20 minutes, and I'm done. So Orton gets pinned by Bryan?

Batista vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania with Brotista return impending? I wish it is so.

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to stop drinking. I don't think I've gone more than two days with at least one drink since 6-8 months. To go from 25 years of never drinking to daily/every other day whiskey...that seems not good. Also, the weight gain is uncomfortable.

Some of the fun of "lol indie wrestling" talk is the gifs. Everything has its place :)

Other than the brief few hours of CHIKARA talk during the National Pro-Wrestling Day stream, the only indie wrestling talk in this thread has been of the "lol, indie wrestling" variety.

Shit, I don't even know what I'm arguing, I'd just like to see more actual *fans* of indie wrestling posting about indie wrestling.

Gorillaz

Is Kharma ever coming back to the WWE?

I was thinking about this for awhile too. I thought people were saying she's almost 100 percent to ge back in the ring. Something about she had a miscarriage and spent her down time working with foundations about miscarriages ever since

Why the hell does Emma not have merchandise yet? You have to strike while the iron is hot. Next pay check will go to some wrestling shirts and some Brawlin' Buddies

Other than the brief few hours of CHIKARA talk during the National Pro-Wrestling Day stream, the only indie wrestling talk in this thread has been of the "lol, indie wrestling" variety.

Shit, I don't even know what I'm arguing, I'd just like to see more actual *fans* of indie wrestling posting about indie wrestling.

I'm debating attending the 2/22 Dragon Gate USA show in Queens, NY, but the fact that it's not exactly near public transportation and the fact they haven't announced a card beyond a Gargano/CIMA title match are working against my attendance.

I don't get why they haven't announced more of the card at this point. Telling me that AR Fox, the Bravados, Ivelisse, Rich Swann, Ryo Saito, Trent Baretta, Anthony Nese, Drew Gulak, Chuck Taylor, Jigsaw, Caleb Konley, Shane Strickland, and Biff Busick are on the card doesn't actually make me interested in going.

Carnby

Does anybody remember another city that goes apeshit for their "local wrestler" of the actual roster besides Chicago? I dont remember anybody (other than CM Punk) of the actual roster make his hometown roar.

Hell, i remember even in Cena's Hometown the guy was boo'ed.

RAW in Chicago is gonna be fun.

Huge pop for Beth Phoenix at Night of Champs 2012, in her hometown of Buffalo, NY.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This message was created on 10 minutes ago and will self-destruct in February on Wednesday 5th @ 01:49:40 pm

Velvet Sky is Sister Abigail #wrasslegaf #followthebuzzards #letthepigeonsloose
imokaywiththis.jpg
This message was created on 18 minutes ago and will self-destruct in February on Wednesday 5th @ 01:44:23 pm

Paige needs a tan #wrasslegaf
I'm not okay with this.

I'm debating attending the 2/22 Dragon Gate USA show in Queens, NY, but the fact that it's not exactly near public transportation and the fact they haven't announced a card beyond a Gargano/CIMA title match are working against my attendance.

I don't get why they haven't announced more of the card at this point. Telling me that AR Fox, the Bravados, Ivelisse, Rich Swann, Ryo Saito, Trent Baretta, Anthony Nese, Drew Gulak, Chuck Taylor, Jigsaw, Caleb Konley, Shane Strickland, and Biff Busick are on the card doesn't actually make me interested in going.

DGUSA always seem to leave it really late to announce their cards, which has never made much sense to me. It doesn't help that DGUSA shows have pretty much become "the EVOLVE roster, plus a couple of Japanese guys" - nothing against CIMA & Ryo Saito, but there's a ton of other Dragon Gate talents I'd like to see brought over.

Carnby

I was thinking about this for awhile too. I thought people were saying she's almost 100 percent to ge back in the ring. Something about she had a miscarriage and spent her down time working with foundations about miscarriages ever since

It wasn't a miscarriage. The baby was stillborn.

- Randy Orton was told to hurry through his promo and deliver it faster than usual at the beginning of last night's RAW, likely to combat the CM Punk chants or any hijacking by the crowd.

- WWE tried to ensure Batista would be cheered at last night's RAW in Omaha by having him cut a localized promo before he came out for the segment with Alberto Del Rio. The promo aired while RAW was on commercial. Batista talked about how he was a big fan of baseball and the College World Series, which is hosted in Omaha.

WWE is desperate.

Meh, what do you expect? A majority of people's knowledge of indie wrestling is just from gifs which is why people say the Young Bucks suck, Richards can't sell, indie wrestling is just flips, etc.

tm24

We need good ippvs back for that to happen. Or organize synced viewing parties like we used too

Meh, what do you expect? A majority of people's knowledge of indie wrestling is just from gifs which is why people say the Young Bucks suck, Richards can't sell, indie wrestling is just flips, etc.

Yeah, but the Young Bucks do suck though

kiguel182

It wasn't a miscarriage. The baby was stillborn.

WWE is desperate.

Honestly, the CM Punk chants is something they can't do anything about, I mean he left. It's normal that they are trying to avoid that since unless they break kayfabe they can't do anything.

The Baptista pandering on the other hand is hilarious, what a failed return. People don't care for him, why not turn him heel? Feuding with Del Rio will not help since nobody cares for that guy either. That match is going to be crapped on.

strobogo

Banned
Honestly, the CM Punk chants is something they can't do anything about, I mean he left. It's normal that they are trying to avoid that since unless they break kayfabe they can't do anything.

The Baptista pandering on the other hand is hilarious, what a failed return. People don't care for him, why not turn him heel? Feuding with Del Rio will not help since nobody cares for that guy either. That match is going to be crapped on.

They break kayfabe constantly on show and especially in media. Their own media. Like DVDs or interviews.

UberTag

WWE is desperate.
So instead of rallying behind the crowd after their "big creative meeting", they've just resorted to more petty ways of trying to manipulate their reactions. Seems fitting.

It really is so much better when you can skip most of Raw. It took me 15-20 minutes, and I'm done. So Orton gets pinned by Bryan?
Congratulations, Verendus. You have now seen the light.
Just think of all of the extra free time you will now have to enjoy on Mondays. An extra 2 hours a week for the rest of the year.
That's like 4 entire days you have given back to yourself.

Marvel

could never
Batista vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania with Brotista return impending? I wish it is so.

I like Brotista.

The quicker he turns the better! being a face right now after the RR makes no sense, the fans are nuts right now. Bring back the spotlight too.

DGUSA always seem to leave it really late to announce their cards, which has never made much sense to me. It doesn't help that DGUSA shows have pretty much become "the EVOLVE roster, plus a couple of Japanese guys" - nothing against CIMA & Ryo Saito, but there's a ton of other Dragon Gate talents I'd like to see brought over.

The previous DGUSA show I attended at least had Akira Tozawa, CIMA, Eita, Tomahawk TT, but it also had a godawful Chikara memorial eight man tag. And they had to play around with Trent Barretta and AR Fox to pad out the card a bit.

Even if they don't want to bring more Japanese guys over, at least bring in some new talent. There are probably guys in AIW like the Submission Squad who could bring a breath of fresh air.

And I get this nagging feeling that the card is going to end up being a bunch of singles matches, which isn't that enticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom