• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Other than the brief few hours of CHIKARA talk during the National Pro-Wrestling Day stream, the only indie wrestling talk in this thread has been of the "lol, indie wrestling" variety.

Shit, I don't even know what I'm arguing, I'd just like to see more actual *fans* of indie wrestling posting about indie wrestling.

The train of steam indie wrestling had in America at least has had a hard sell lately. It's been tough for myself to get excited about indie wrestling. :(

Kaladin

If anyone has the potential to have a great year, it's ROH. I'm just not a terribly driven dude.

Can you imagine how crazy it will be if they sign Punk?

They do have an annual event titled Best In The World and if Punk is released in the next month or so, his 90 days will be up by then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

They do have an annual event titled Best In The World and if Punk is released in the next month or so, his 90 days will be up by then.

I dunno why WWE would do anything besides wait it out. Finish killing his character. Also who knows if Punk even wants to bother with RoH.

I don't know. Nothing turns me off faster than a Jay Lethal match, and they're putting out Jay Lethal vs. AJ Styles match at the 12th anniversary show.

Hey hey! I didn't say it'd be perfect. I like Jay Lethal...till he gets in the ring.

The 90 Day no compete is only if you want the three months pay instead of going straight to another promotion with TV: It's voluntary. Raven chose to drop it, and Punk could too.

jmdajr

Yeah... crowd aren't feelin' him are they?

Nope. They just view him as someone taking D. Bry spot, or Punks (well was) spot or what not. I hope they don't delay the heel turn too long. He'll be more appreciated then I think.

I wonder if more smarks are coming to events now, or if the younger audience grew up and just wants something different these days.
Probably a little bit of everything.

I dont know what else WWE expected when Batista returned.

Its Batista for god sake. Not The Rock. How did they not see any of this coming?
it's the reverse of their current logic. Oh when ratings were a little better Batista was around. Therefore Batista = higher ratings.

Just like now Bryan is around when ratings aren't so good therefore Daniel Bryan = bad ratings.

tumblr_n0bqplYprF1sk0i2mo1_250.gif

Pavaloo

It doesn't help my view of indie wrestling that the only stuff I watch is local live stuff and it's a lot like the "lol indie wrestling" gifs lol. Weird seeing someone else doing the Cesaro/Hero Swing/Kick combo and another guy doing the Punk reverse swinging neckbreaker/ddt combo. Botchamania is fun as shit, but it doesn't help the image.

PWInsider has (behind their paywall) an article mentioning that another "big star" is quitting today.

Plot twist? Supposedly it's Del Rio.

Damn Del Rio didn't want to job to Batista haha that would be awesome if true. What has Punk started

Its Zack Ryder's time! dreams do come true

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
PWInsider has (behind their paywall) an article mentioning that another "big star" is quitting today.

Plot twist? Supposedly it's Del Rio.

That's cool if it happens like that. Put WWE's feet to the fire if it's about the money issue with the Network. That's a conversation that needs to happen, even if it's not in their current contract, and there needs to be a resolution.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yottsume said that tomorrow he'll be releasing the English translated KinPuro card opening with Minoru Suzuki!

Not sure why I enjoyed watching Nakamura open wrestling trading cards so much, but hopefully Suzuki's is just as fun.

*edit, you can watch the Nakamura ones at Yottsume's youtube channel;

http://www.youtube.com/user/yotsumeneko/videos

I know! I'm so friggin excited. I want to see all of them to be honest. Makabe will probably be a lot of fun, so will Yano's.

Suzuki is hopefully as charming as Nakamura, but that's a tall order. Either way it'll be fun as shit.

Watched another Gako no Tsukai batsu game to see GOD DAMN Chono beat the shit out of Yamazaki. You never really remember how goddamn big Chono is in Japan until you see him terrorize someone small.

I didn't watch Raw last night. But reading Raw results gives me solace that I didn't: fans kicked out because they cheered for Punk, Daniel Bryan having WM feud with Kane. I'm just tired of it. Thanks for giving me all the reason to dump you, WWE. I was going to wait till after Wrestlemania to see what they do with the storylines going forward. But reading the Raw results shows this much: jack shit. I'm done. I'll only be watching NXT and New Japan going forward. Time to put more time into watching soccer with WWE out of the way.

See you in NJPW!

The main issue the "big star" has, unsurprisingly, is being side-by-side with the other talent in terms of being held in the dark, not knowing what if any PPV bonuses will be provided once the Network launches.

Basically management need to let the talent know what is going on with the pay after the Network's launch. And if they themselves don't know, they need to at least tell them that. This whole business they've constantly done where their only provided answer to problems others have is silence no longer works in 2014, especially with regards to pay.

It's a big enough problem that 2 ex-main eventers are about to have walked out in the span of 2 weeks at least partially because of it. It's a problem that needs solved, and needs solved now.

strobogo

Banned
Jeezus could you imagine how amazing it would be if you could review a WBF PPV
jBD0k0GHB7odU.png

That'd be amazing. The two PPVs were released by CHV, so it is possible that they are floating around, just waiting to be digitized and put online. Has anyone asked Vince or HHH if WBF will be on The Network?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just amazed we got to this point.

Two former main eventers are about to quit the company in the span of two weeks amidst uncertainty of pay because the company won't hold a one-hour meeting addressing how pay will work after the launch of a network announced 3 years ago scheduled to debut in 2.5 weeks.

Ithil

I didn't watch Raw last night. But reading Raw results gives me solace that I didn't: fans kicked out because they cheered for Punk, Daniel Bryan having WM feud with Kane. I'm just tired of it. Thanks for giving me all the reason to dump you, WWE. I was going to wait till after Wrestlemania to see what they do with the storylines going forward. But reading the Raw results shows this much: jack shit. I'm done. I'll only be watching NXT and New Japan going forward. Time to put more time into watching soccer with WWE out of the way.

That didn't actually happen, someone on Twitter made it up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm just amazed we got to this point.

Two former main eventers are about to quit the company in the span of two weeks amidst uncertainty of pay because the company won't hold a one-hour meeting addressing how pay will work after the launch of a network announced 3 years ago scheduled to debut in 2.5 weeks.

Uh having the meeting is a bad idea if the plan is to not make any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom