• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Now available on Netflix in the U.S.:

wwehis.jpg

The History of the WWE (Documentary, Sports)

strobogo

Banned
I'd much rather watch the full run of Bodystars. Football is so boring even with Jesse Ventura/JR calling things and unnecessary roughness everywhere. XFL was doomed from the start. Then again, the Arena Football League is still around and even got its own video game. I think they're actually associated with the NFL now, though.

It blows my mind how HUGE of a venture the XFL is. I mean, we say how the WWE Network feels like a big risk, but nothing could possibly have been more insane than the XFL's costs. It's really incredible, and a shame it didn't take off.

NBC footed half the bill. Plus vice had ass loads of money in 2000 I think off-season football Wouk be huge today. Vice was ahead of his time there.

NFL broadcasters have stolen a production ideas from the XFL

Probem was that the XFLcouldn't shake the stink of wrasslin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is a Starrcade suppose to even be?

A cavalCADE of STARrs!

I'd much rather watch the full run of Bodystars. Football is so boring even with Jesse Ventura/JR calling things and unnecessary roughness everywhere. XFL was doomed from the start. Then again, the Arena Football League is still around and even got its own video game. I think they're actually associated with the NFL now, though.

Yeah hands down Bodystars is the next holy grail. Finding out that Vince added his commentary to some segments, and remembering him speaking with Cameo Kneuer, well, good times. And shilling ICOPROOOOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOKDc0OnaYE

strobogo

Banned
The 50 years DVD is good up until around 2003, when it turns into a comp DVD of all the DVDs released since then. They've been using a lot of the same interviews for over a decade now on various DVDs and programs. Especially Monday Night Wars stuff. I wonder if the network was something they had in mind back then, because they went on a tear of interviewing so many people for so many different projects between 2002-2005. Tons of shit. Some of which was 10 years old and hadn't even been seen until the 50 years DVD.

Now available on Netflix in the U.S.:

wwehis.jpg

The History of the WWE (Documentary, Sports)

One interesting note about this documentary in hindisight is hilarious
They interview Daniel Bryan of him saying John Cena is the face of the company then transition on how Cena is in fact the face of the company with a montage and everything.

Toki767

I feel like having a lot of those WWE PPVs on the Network will be somewhat useless without the accompanying Sunday Night Heat episodes.

NBC footed half the bill. Plus vice had ass loads of money in 2000 I think off-season football Wouk be huge today. Vice was ahead of his time there.

NFL broadcasters have stolen a production ideas from the XFL

Probem was that the XFLcouldn't shake the stink of wrasslin.

You are right that it was the biggest gamble one man could take. Crazy when you think about it today.

Toki767

The weirdest thing about the XFL was making games mostly at night time and I always remembered the lighting in the stadiums being kind of dark. It felt like WCW lighting.

Xater

I watched the first contestant of WBF 92 and I don't think I can make it through a whole show. Also amazing that they thought they could make money with this. There are so many empty seats at that show it's hilarious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the first contestant of WBF 92 and I don't think I can make it through a whole show. Also amazing that they thought they could make money with this. There are so many empty seats at that show it's hilarious.

I think the plan was for Vince to sell ICOPRO, the PPVs were just his own wet dream.

that feel when the promo video for Rock/Austin at Mania 17 will have My Way edited out

Seriously? That was the best part :( I mean it's still on youtube for now...

I guess that makes some sense. The ICOPRO stuff went nowhere as well though right?

Also if you really want to see Minoru opening packs now here is the sub file: http://goo.gl/7jGNgL
Just download the original video from Youtube.

You do it and put it on youtube for me slave.

Downhome

I think one of the things I loved the most about WCW was just how it was all over the freakin' map. I mean, the talent they brought in for the low-mid card, crazy stuff. La Parka, Héctor Garza, Disco Inferno, and on and on. You sure as hell wasn't going to see such random talent and and angles in WWF back then. I loved that sort of stuff so much, it was just so wacky.

And now me writing that made me go search online for Héctor Garza and I discover that he passed away at the age of 43 less than a year ago after losing his battle with lung cancer. I don't remember hearing about that at all last year.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've been nipping at the Total Divas eps and when Cameron and Naomi got flashed they cut to Cameron's dog. Just had to gif it.

ibxqnftVkKiL5F.gif

dog was shook

got to wonder how Brock will match up with " THE BEST PURE STIKER IN WWE HISTORY". Brock doent have much of a chin. Got to use that wrestling for some GnP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom