• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm listening to the Figure 4 interview with Quack...

Ugh.
Ugh.

Spoiled for my privacy, but I find it extremely odd that it's a full goddamn court press on fluff interviews now, as they try to get all the goodwill back

Oh and I believe approximately 10% of what's being said

Heel

got to wonder how Brock will match up with " THE BEST PURE STIKER IN WWE HISTORY". Brock doent have much of a chin. Got to use that wrestling for some GnP

That's the beauty of this pairing, slightconfuse. You could also argue that The Undertaker also has the most dangerous Brazilian Jiu Jitsu guard play in WWE history. Brock's wrestling only plays into that strength.

They say styles make fights, and this is an absolute nightmare match-up for Brock Lesnar. I could easily see a crafty veteran like The Undertaker weather the storm and catch Brock in a Triangle Lock.

Am I imagining things, or wasn't this a Vince .gif?
iHCLvKnsd4DcP.gif

strobogo

Banned
I wouldn't want to hear that fish eyed cunt Devitt read anything. He probably can't even read. They should have Stan Hansen do a set.

Anyone else listen to Chavo on Talk is Jerhico?

Pretty good stuff, I was shocked when they were talking about how big the WCW roster was when they were there. 140+ guys on the roster that is insane no wonder they went broke. Got me right in the feels when Chavo was talking about Eddie and the night he died.

strobogo

Banned
Did Chavo talk about being the last dude to talk to Benoit and knowing something was up but waiting to tell anyone about it and then going on TV saying he'd trust Benoit with his kids?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...s-padres-pa-announcer-job-034522823--mlb.html

A few weeks ago Big League Stew told you about the San Diego Padres plans to hold open auditions to find a new public-address announcer for Petco Park. On Jan. 25, those auditions were finally held, with men and women from across the country and all walks of life converging to win what we're sure many of them would consider a dream job.

Among those auditioning was a local man from San Diego, which could be an advantage and is certainly convenient. He also happens to be a professional wrestler, which will definitely work to his advantage as he already has experience playing directly to an audience.

His name is “Scrap Iron” Adam Pearce, and he was officially named one of 20 semifinalists for the position on Tuesday.

BfppjQmCUAAce1V.jpg

Pearce, 35, has never caught a big break in the wrestling world despite being considered among the most talented performers in his field. He's a multiple time champion on the independent circuit. He's made appearances for Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling and other promotions all around the world. He's even spent time working as a trainer for Vince McMahon's WWE, but he's never been afforded that one opportunity that could have made him a household name

Now he's making an opportunity for himself in another form of entertainment he enjoys, Major League Baseball, and he's ready for the unique challenge it presents.

From 411 Wrestling:

"The majority of stories told in television pro wrestling are through the spoken word," says Pearce. To that point, Pearce's speaking is easy and free, and on top of it all, Pearce has that distinct voice – the most obvious of necessities one would assume the Padres are looking for in a PA announcer. "My resume is probably the most unique among the applicants," said Pearce. "I can't imagine there are many pro wrestlers sitting behind the mic for a big league team. I've had a wonderful career, but this is a baseball fan's dream job. Why not me?"
Legendary Cubs broadcaster Jack Brickhouse doubled as a baseball and wrestling announcer at various points in his career. Bob Uecker went the other way, from a baseball player/announcer to a wrestling announcer at Wrestlemania's 3 and 4. Aside from those two legends, though, there hasn't been much crossover between the two entities. Pearce could be poised to enter rare territory.

"It's an honor," says Pearce. "The fact that the Padres would open this opportunity up to virtually everyone speaks to their commitment to the community and finding a voice that represents it. It's exciting, and I like being the dark horse in the race. I literally have nothing to lose."
The semifinalists will compete again at San Diego's FanFest on Feb. 8, then fans will pick the top three finalists by casting votes online and through social media. The winner will be announced in March.

Good luck to Pearce and the 19 others still competing for the chance of a lifetime.

I don't know who this is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
no you assclowns I made the vince gif

someone else ruined it with kaz/cerny =(

Oh thank god

I was worried we'd have to start hurting you and I didn't want that, not to one of our own!

Did Chavo talk about being the last dude to talk to Benoit and knowing something was up but waiting to tell anyone about it and then going on TV saying he'd trust Benoit with his kids?

They didn't talk about the Benoit stuff in this episode, I'm assuming it will come up in part 2 next week. They basically covered Chavo and Eddie growing up, how horrible yet great the WCW mid-card was back in the day, a few stories of Chavo Eddie Benoit Dean and Jericho traveling on the road together in their little clique, and then Eddie's death,

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thankful there's no WrassleGAF regulars participating on these "survivor" gamefaqs-style voting threads. You guys haven't let me down.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure how those threads work but it sounds awfully similar to the Avatar Rumble, of which you are the ring leader. Glass houses, etc.

No, basically it's a way to juice your post count.

It's a one-by-one neverending style of voting. Nothing like our Ramble.

It'd be like if I said "OK ALL TIME KING OF THE RING SURVIVOR"

Lose: Owen Hart
Lose: Owen Hart
Win: British Bulldog

and then everyone else participates with whoever else is there as people eventually get removed when they lose all their little points.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Paige reminds me of Kennedy. Man, I miss Kennedy. She was horrible yet hot.
Some other good ones:

Bayley pulling out the feels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX1RYjDpyjM

Yoshi Tatsu reflecting on his career
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYKSqOrINY

Simon Gotch, something potentially great in the making
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V5qildfNOE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCyf7K8lR00

Enzo and Cass shoot the shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJIzZpmSm4

D

Deleted member 47027