• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Pro Wrasslin should be in the olympics. Each country puts forth two pro wrestlers and they have 10 minutes to put on a match that is judged by a panel.

You're welcome olympics.

393%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20gif%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

Hasney

Pro Wrasslin should be in the olympics. Each country puts forth two pro wrestlers and they have 10 minutes to put on a match that is judged by a panel.

You're welcome olympics.

Think Bret Hart said the same thing, but nobody cared.

Not because of the idea, more because it's Bret Hart

tm24

Where are my Wrasslegaf Bravely Default bros? This game is so good

In lucha news, AAA has announced a 2/21 taping in Mexico City with the title El Regreso A Casa Con Una Gran Sorpresa/A Return Home with a Huge Surprise. It's probably Sin Cara

Aiii

So not worth it
This gif give me flash backs of a botched angle.

"Wow, Vince is turning heel against Cena, and he's going to fire him. This outta be good."
TIME TO PLAY. TIME TO PLAY THE GAMMMMMME!

"ugh"

A valid response any time that music hits.

Or as it is now: "BEHOLD THE KING! THE KING OF KINGS!"

Carnby

A valid response any time that music hits.

Or as it is now: "BEHOLD THE KING! THE KING OF KINGS!"

How did Shawn Michaels not have a problem with that song. The King of Kings is a nickname for Jesus Christ. HHH is calling himself Jesus.

He's almost 60, retired, and long past the point of caring. Of all the bad things to say about Bret Hart, his fashion isn't one of them.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WWF Superstars 2/23/1991

Warrior helmed Superstars into is the best shit ever. There is lightning and eye beams and general awesomeness. Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper cover commentary duties and make peach puns since they are in Georgia. Virgil vs Haku. Additionally, Big Boss Man, Sgt Slaughter, Davey Boy Smith, and The Undertaker will see action. Macho Man will be a guest on Brother Love's show.

ibmQlNBQgbzqO8.gif

Big Boss Man vs Elvin Martin

Piper immediately drops a Flavor Flav reference. I think Elvin was the first name. He got the early jump on Boss Man, but Boss Man did a standing drop kick and hip toss on the floor. Mountie did a PIP promo. Spinebuster for the win.

ioElBnw2XEXIx.gif

TO THE UPDATE CENTER.
Gene talks to us about the Nasty Boys/Hart Foundation match at WM. Also, LOD vs Power and Glory. Highlights from the tag team battle royal that set up both matches. Power and Glory promo. I don't even know what Hawk said in his promo.

Tommy Angel vs The Undertaker

Sweet spinebuster right off the bat from Taker. Paul and Taker had a PIP promo against Snuka. Snuka is gonna die. Taker destroys this poor fool. Taker drops ashes on the Angel after the match.

iGgnZF1ER7XBN.gif

iM5ZmwDaL6tU1.gif

TO TOYS R US. Mean Gene is hanging out in TRU to hawk WWF merch. And he runs into the Bushwhackers. Luke was hiding on a shelf behind some Hogan Wrestling Buddies.

ibk0odxj1UKLsa.gif

TO THE EVENTS CENTER.
Sean Mooney throws to a Texas Tornado promo. KVE will face Dino Bravo at WM. Warlord cuts a promo on the Bulldog. FUCK THOSE MATCHES. Bulldog vs Warlord are the most boring series of matches I've ever seen.

Haku vs Virgil

Ted DiBiase and Bobby Heenan are in the corner of Haku. Piper is in the corner of Virgil. Virgil is a wrestling superstar. He's on Superstars, so you know it is true. He gets the better of Haku and Haku bails to recollect himself with Ted and Bobby. Virgil is sent flying to the floor. Piper encourages him back to his feet and into the ring. Haku dominates until Piper distracts him, allowing Virgil to win via Divas Special. Ted throws a fit. Piper invites him into the ring. Ted declines the invitation.

TO THE EVENTS CENTER
. Promos from the Nasty Boys and Hart Foundation.

British Bulldog vs ?

Jobber didn't even get named. Bulldog's "strophe sized triceps" were mentioned a few times. Easy win for the Bulldog.

TO THE BROTHER LOVE.
Brother Love has his guest, Randy Savage on the show to talk about the retirement match at WM. Fucking Brother Love.

TO THE UPDATE CENTER.
Some new matches. Demolition vs Tenryu/Kitao. Mountie vs Tito Santana. Rockers vs Barbarian/Haku. And Sgt. Slaughter vs Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship. To the Hogan promo!

You know something Hulkamaniacs, just the other day I was hanging and banging at Gold's Gym Venice Beach, California to get my mind off the situation at hand, if it was possible. And then when I headed to the parking lot, to jump on my Wide Line, brothers, there's a teeny tiny Hulkamaniac there, bawling his eyes out. He said, "Hulk Hogan, I've been watching you, brother. I saw you training like a lion at Gold's Gym for hours. I saw the pythons swell beyond believability getting ready for Wrestlemania 7. But do you have it in you, Hulk Hogan, to take care of Sgt. Slaughter? To end the reign of terror that is now covering the whole World Wrestling Federation like a dark cloud?" I looked back in that little Hulkster's eyes and I said, "BROTHER, the training, the prayers, the vitamins, and believing in ourselves has always brought us through, man. The Big Brother promised us that. But Sgt. Slaughter's reign of terror is going to be about as long as Saddam's reign over Kuwait, brothers. We know what's happening with the prisoners of war over there, but the way Sgt. Slaughter plays by the rules, if he took the Hulkster as a prisoner of war, you might as well right me off, man. That's why at Wrestlemania 7, I swear before all my Hulkamaniacs, all the men and women in the Persian Gulf, and before almighty GOD, that I'll be the new WWF Champion. Sgt. Slaughter, these are the largest patriots in the world, brother, and if you shoot the SCUD missiles at my head, I'll snap them in half like toothpicks, dude. And at Wrestlemania 7, as we play by your rule book and you drop to your knees to surrender as my prisoner of war, that's when I'm going to reach down inside and tear you apart, brother. Because in Wrestlemania, it's gonna be Hulk Hogan and the red, white, and blue that come through, so WHATCHA GONNA DO?"

I think that was all a quote to some kid outside of Gold's Gym.

i3zv04UFGfFkC.gif

We also got promos from Jake and the Model over the blindfold match. YES! A Warrior promo!

It goes much deeper, Macho King, than the 15 stitches that were put in the top of my head. It goes much deeper, Macho King, than the skeletons I walked across of answering even the Ultimate Challenge. It goes deeper than the World Wrestling Federation championship belt. And with that blood that flowed, you made me realize that maybe I have higher places to go. Now I know you have found the Madness. At Wrestlemania 7, bring it to me. Bring me all this sickness and madness you have. For that walk into that ring at Wrestlemania 7 will be the last walk you shall ever take as a wrestler in the World Wrestling Federation. I will let my Warriors eat till they are full and I will walk from that ring as I walked into that ring: As the Ultimate force, the Ultimate Warrior in the World Wrestling Federation. *SNARL*

Ricky Steamboat vignette. Well, it was for the Dragon, just a quick flash and didn't actually show his face. Interestingly, it did use his NWA/WCW theme, but I'm not sure if that was because this is a 24/7 release.

Sgt. Slaughter vs Dale Wolfe

Sarge has said he will be wrestling by his own rules now and attacks before the bell. Sarge destroyed the poor Wolfe. Sarge continued after the match with a chair attack and then beat up the EMT.

isqGnFvMELHFZ.gif

TO THE EVENTS CENTER
. Sean says it appears the WM main event will be no DQ. Promos from Earthquake, Rockers (HBK sounds like he's got coke nose). Wrasslemania is coming up!

Man, Hogan and Warrior promos are so awesome. People wouldn't hate Cena if he did weekly promos even half as great and crazy as Hogan and Warrior were doing for years. I've never seen Cena hit even a fraction of the intensity or crazy of Hogan/Warrior.

Hasney

ibmQlNBQgbzqO8.gif

This is the greatest intro to anything in the world ever. Love how his pecs get bigger once the paint goes on them too, like he was just off-cycle in the first bit.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Do you think WWE is going to start really cracking down on youtube vids and whatnot with the network around the corner? I don't think I will be able to cope if they start a mass grave for internet videos.

strobogo

Banned
Hogan from around 88 on kind of gave up in the ring, but his promos were UNBELIEVABLE. It's hard to watch those promos and not think the dude is awesome as fuck. Same with Warrior, but Warrior's promos were a bit more existential and menacing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is the only stroke we're discussing. For shame.

NpCKpCW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom