• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

The Smackdown! intro did do a really (really) toned down version of it. Like they would have people posing and then some character related graphics would overlay the image, like Sheamus had a clover, Natalya had a pink maple leaf, Christian was covered by a blue dot, Orton had snake eyes, etc.

Oh yeah, I remember that.

One night when The Authority is away, the Raw GM should just replace the regular Raw intro with this:

bradmaddox222.gif

strobogo

Banned
I never liked Warrior's promos. It's the same "I speak like a caveman" shit every time. You can only do so much with that. It's weird to think about how much I think he sucks in general now, back when I was a kid I went fucking crazy for Warrior.

I'm not a fan of Hogan in the least, but yes, his promos during that era were pretty god damn awesome.

You never knew what you'd get with Warrior promos. Sometimes he'd do the cave man stuff with long, drawn out words and going from whispering to screaming. Sometimes you'd get full screaming the whole time. And sometimes you'd get a normal promo with deeply philosophical trappings. And other times you'd get complete gibberish.

XenoRaven

Question for the fitness buffs in this thread. I'm thinking about joining a gym. The first and most obvious reason is I want to start getting in shape again. The second reason is that I moved to a new place a little over a year ago and haven't really met a lot of new people. So I'd want to get involved in some programs there to try and make some connections. From what I've seen and heard though, the typical going rate for a gym membership is like $70+ which seems steep. I should note that I have a pretty decent gym at work, and a small one at my apartment complex. I also have a few of my own weights. Is there anything a gym membership would offer me that would be worth the price compared to just using the gym at work?

Mahonay

Banned
You never knew what you'd get with Warrior promos. Sometimes he'd do the cave man stuff with long, drawn out words and going from whispering to screaming. Sometimes you'd get full screaming the whole time. And sometimes you'd get a normal promo with deeply philosophical trappings. And other times you'd get complete gibberish.
Yeah for me it just always seemed like Roidy McGee desperately trying to string enough words together to form out some incoherent sentences.

I can see the appeal of what he was doing in those promos, and I definitely can't say he did a bad job. It just seemed overly ridiculous for me. Which is a stupid thing to say, because wrasslin'.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question for the fitness buffs in this thread. I'm thinking about joining a gym. The first and most obvious reason is I want to start getting in shape again. The second reason is that I moved to a new place a little over a year ago and haven't really met a lot of new people. So I'd want to get involved in some programs there to try and make some connections. From what I've seen and heard though, the typical going rate for a gym membership is like $70+ which seems steep. I should note that I have a pretty decent gym at work, and a small one at my apartment complex. I also have a few of my own weights. Is there anything a gym membership would offer me that would be worth the price compared to just using the gym at work?

Not if you're a beginner, my dude. You shouldn't expect the gym to be a social thing either.

Here's what you do - pop into FitnessGAF, read the OP and do Starting Strength at your apartment gym if you can. If not, check your work gym to make sure you can do squats with barbells there. I bet you can get a LOT of work done at your work gym. Does it have barbells? If so you're set, my dude.

XenoRaven

Not if you're a beginner, my dude. You shouldn't expect the gym to be a social thing either.

Here's what you do - pop into FitnessGAF, read the OP and do Starting Strength at your apartment gym if you can. If not, check your work gym to make sure you can do squats with barbells there. I bet you can get a LOT of work done at your work gym. Does it have barbells? If so you're set, my dude.
Thanks man. I know some gyms rotate different types of classes that you can sign up for, but if they're not really a social thing then there's really no difference than just using my work gym.

I'm pretty sure they have barbells there. It's a good size and it's pretty nice since it services a few different buildings. But it's mostly tech companies and it seems not a lot of people use it.

Hasney

The government should just license some Warrior promos and play them in ad spots in it's uncut form, the just say "Never try cocaine" at the end of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks man. I know some gyms rotate different types of classes that you can sign up for, but if they're not really a social thing then there's really no difference than just using my work gym.

I'm pretty sure they have barbells there. It's a good size and it's pretty nice since it services a few different buildings. But it's mostly tech companies and it seems not a lot of people use it.

That sounds awesome. We can get you going on a strength program brother!

Hasney

The WrassleGAF 2014 Christmas party: We'll have a mountain of what I assume is talcum powder in the corner and see who get get the most 80's promo done.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, nothing about 80s WWF can convince me NOT to do coke and steroids. All I want is coke, steroids, tassels, and bandanas.

Hasney

Maybe that's all this era is missing. Start spiking Orton and Cenas food with coke and see if the promo work improves.

Rapstah

I haven't been feeling Daniel Bryan's promos recently but his Smackdown promo on Kane is okay. I guess he's only good at doing promos if he's playing his angry, shouting aggressive Daniel Bryan rather than whatever Daniel Bryan it's been since September.

Mahonay

Banned
I haven't been feeling Daniel Bryan's promos recently but his Smackdown promo on Kane is okay. I guess he's only good at doing promos if he's playing his angry, shouting aggressive Daniel Bryan rather than whatever Daniel Bryan it's been since September.
Thinly veiled sarcasm seems to be DB's thing for his promos. And yeah, it's not terribly engaging. I wish they'd find a different angle for him on the mic.

Best thing I've seen from him promo wise recently was his confrontation with HHH on RAW after the Rumble.

Ithil

I'm enjoying these once a show Shield and Wyatt promos on each other, especially now that Harper talks so it's not just Bray. Feeding a good angry vibe to this feud.

Rapstah

TNA entrance music is so fucking bad. If they want to cut costs they should fire the guy they have making all the music and just go for stock music.

strobogo

Banned
I bet coked up Brotista would have some great promos.

Other guys who would do well on coke:

Dean Ambrose
Big E
Bray Wyatt
Ryback
Fandango

Mahonay

Banned
I'm enjoying these once a show Shield and Wyatt promos on each other, especially now that Harper talks so it's not just Bray. Feeding a good angry vibe to this feud.
Glad they're giving Harper some mic time. He's talented.

Now for fucks sake let Big E actually talk. I understand WWE wants him to be the strong beast, that's all business and no talk. It's just a shame he doesn't get mic time, considering he already proved he has the chops on NXT.

gurudyne

Other guys who would do well on coke:

Dean Ambrose
Big E
Bray Wyatt
Ryback
Fandango

I don't want to endorse drug habits, but holy shit, coked up Fandango would be amazing.

Coked up fantasy booking: coked up Fandango versus coked up Ambrose versus coked up Brock Lesnar with coked up Heyman. The match might be ass, but the build would be legendary.

DMczaf

They need to get rid of these video games and Beats ipods shit, and get the coke and ring rats back in the locker rooms.

Pavaloo

Coke up Santino and lets see what he can do

also want to see people you would never imagine coked up do a coked up promo, like Christian.

Vylash

TNA entrance music is so fucking bad. If they want to cut costs they should fire the guy they have making all the music and just go for stock music.

They have a few good songs, but most of it is terrible generic rock or terrible generic country

Mahonay

Banned
I don't want to endorse drug habits, but holy shit, coked up Fandango would be amazing.

Coked up fantasy booking: coked up Fandango versus coked up Ambrose versus coked up Brock Lesnar with coked up Heyman. The match might be ass, but the build would be legendary.

They need to get rid of these video games and Beats ipods shit, and get the coke and ring rats back in the locker rooms.

I've sort of been wanting to do coke again. I've stopped shaving and cutting my hair so it seems like a natural progression

Coke up Santino and lets see what he can do

also want to see people you would never imagine coked up do a coked up promo, like Christian.

Okay, the turn this thread has made is fucking amazing.

UberTag

Enough with the cocaine chatter.
If there's one thing I learned after watching The Wolf of Wall Street last weekend, it's that wrestlers on Quaaludes would be hysterical to witness.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mean Gene is the true GOAT. He's messed up like maybe twice while interviewing the most bat shit people on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom