• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only stroke we're discussing. For shame.

NpCKpCW.jpg

Why is he using The Miz's finisher? God, what a piece of shit Jeff is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah software engineer, 20K salary increase but get to work and newer and cooler stuff. The office is pretty awesome too.

CAN'T WAIT.

Hopefully they can deal with your....personality.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got killed by a guy in BF4 the other night named POOPFEAST420. There's no limit to crass names. Surprised things like this still make me chuckle.

Dude literally had a stroke. That's why he speaks the way he does. What the fuck, man? Would you say, "i wish Bobby Heenan would just re-learn to speak already"?

He literally had to re-train himself to speak as well. I've met the speech pathologist who worked with him through volunteer work with Canadian Heart + Stroke. That doesn't mean I can't poke fun at the whole "Bret Hart can't deliver a promo" thing.

Kaladin

ibmQlNBQgbzqO8.gif

This is the greatest intro to anything in the world ever. Love how his pecs get bigger once the paint goes on them too, like he was just off-cycle in the first bit.

REQUEST: That Warrior Superstars gif to open all monthly wrasslin OT's going forward.

Proposal: If we make it there, February Wrasslin' |OT2|:

February Wrasslin' |OT2| We Pre-Thank You In Advance

Post Body:

ibmQlNBQgbzqO8.gif

(Wall Of Shame)

Done.

Xater

The masked gimmick is the only thing I still do. There's a luchador themed restaraunt that we do entertainment heavy fights at. Think Chikara with less athleticism.

Oh cool.

Now back to the program: lol indie wrestling

Strobo help me out here with sone dumb gifs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We even had a topic for Mechashiva being a champion! We take care of our talent here!

gurudyne

Glorious gif, but all I can think is "Man is WrassleGAF going to be pissed when it winds up covered in Cernyface." It's practically as inevitable as lolcenawins.

Hasney

I get the impression a lot of you guys are just seeing this for the first time.
I was watching this intro weekly on Saturdays at 12 noon when I was 14.

This makes me feel old. :(

It was for me. I didn't have Sky so I was watching WCW Saturday Night instead and my uncle taped the WWF PPVs for me from Survivor Series 1992 onwards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glorious gif, but all I can think is "Man is WrassleGAF going to be pissed when it winds up covered in Cernyface." It's practically as inevitable as lolcenawins.

Fuck. It's going to be Cerny's face and Knack appears on his chest.

I'd be kinda ok with that, because Knack fucking blows.

Hasney

Was just thinking that I'm glad they don't still do this. I mean, if that Warrior opening was the intro to Raw, fine, but imagine if they did it right now with an Orton or Cena intro. Cena doing all his gestures with a chain gang with a slightly remixed version of his theme for the opening. Christ.

Mahonay

Banned
Hogan from around 88 on kind of gave up in the ring, but his promos were UNBELIEVABLE. It's hard to watch those promos and not think the dude is awesome as fuck. Same with Warrior, but Warrior's promos were a bit more existential and menacing.
I never liked Warrior's promos. It's the same "I speak like a caveman" shit every time. You can only do so much with that. It's weird to think about how much I think he sucks in general now, back when I was a kid I went fucking crazy for Warrior.

I'm not a fan of Hogan in the least, but yes, his promos during that era were pretty god damn awesome.

Was just thinking that I'm glad they don't still do this. I mean, if that Warrior opening was the intro to Raw, fine, but imagine if they did it right now with an Orton or Cena intro. Cena doing all his gestures with a chain gang with a slightly remixed version of his theme for the opening. Christ.

The Smackdown! intro did do a really (really) toned down version of it. Like they would have people posing and then some character related graphics would overlay the image, like Sheamus had a clover, Natalya had a pink maple leaf, Christian was covered by a blue dot, Orton had snake eyes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom