• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

QYGWT5fa.jpeg

tumblr_inline_n0lnxhQGSU1rulfug.gif

Xater

Thank you for this wonderful CWF review Spider. I was entertained, probably more so than if I had actually watched that show. Question: Are all the heels atheists in CWF?

Kyoufu

Meltzer was saying if Punk doesn't come back on the RAW in Chicago he will probably not come back and let his contract expire. Punk was supposed to be on TV tomorrow for some Nerdist show but he will likely not appear.

He's not coming back dude.

We must accept this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Somebody's grandpa having better abs than him shunned him completely out of society.

Look what you did, Kane.
Sorry, let me Punk that
Look what you did, Glenn.

Gorillaz

He's not coming back dude.

We must accept this.

I'll give it to Summer. He might not need the money but it was dumb to skip out on that WM paycheck regardless of him having to take the L from HHH.

Unless the WWE network is fucking up the WM payday that much

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's pretty incredible. Cena should have passed the torch to Punk, who should be passing the torch to Bryan.

instead, it's been a game of hot potato where everyone is holding Cena's belt while Cena continues to be booked in the main storyline/main event along with the the season's flavor of part timer, and now you have the fans shitting on the product and the #2 guy in the company literally walking out just before Wrestlemania and the long-awaited WWE Network launch. Not good. Not good at all.

Vince has completely lost it as a booker.

PWFG - GLEN JACOBS vs DAISUKE IKEDA - 1994

iubyTaw7xDbFQ.gif

BAW GAWD, IT'S KANE!! with a blonde mullet and wrestling shoes. i'll assume this is better than any other match he ever had based on that. what do you know, match starts with him getting caught in a kneebar.

ib0058OzhGmKfv.gif

the much smaller Ikeda is crafty. gets another kneebar in but Kane escapes. Kane locks a kneebar of his own but Ikeda breaks the hold. they're stood up as the bout continues. low kick and Ikeda shoots for the takedown!!

ib2JNcKk4LkvEA.gif

Ikeda is working on an armbar but Kane counters with a huge slam.

ibbGPy9G3048N2.gif

Ikeda shoots for the takedown again. good scramble by Kane. Ikeda ends up on top and is working on the mount but gets reversed. rope escape. Ikeda gets in with low kicks, closes in for the clinch but another huge slam counter by Kane.

i43LbZX85IKC2.gif

10 count for Ikeda but he stands up. ooof, big spinning kick to the gut of Kane. Ikeda close in for a guillotine choke but yet another counter slam by Kane. great display of superior strenght.

ijJLdQSHQPgA5.gif

another 10 count, Ikeda spings right back up. another striking barrage from Ikeda. gets a hold of Kane, front headlock takedown.

irpWxdpgTgSif.gif

Ikeda now attempting an armbar but Kane uses the ropes to break the hold. vicious knees by the big guy. Ikeda flying around like a ragdoll and ends up on another 10 count. fighting spirit by Ikeda, comes back with striking and locks in a guillotine. is this it? NO, as Kane counter with another big slam.

iFiuJg10jECwd.gif

Ikeda won't stay down! strikes back at Kane but eats a big forearm smash and a release powerbomb.

ibsABuDmLpIonG.gif

Kane closes the match with what i assume was supposed to be a Boston Crab turned into a single leg Boston Crab. botching since 1994. still the best match i've ever seen him in.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

What's really crazy is that Kane looks to be in as good of shape now as TWENTY years ago. Fucking demon magic.
Well he is the devil's favourite demon, get exclusive access to the best magic.

Seeing the Kane crab over there reminds me that Kane never does submissions like ever.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nobody asked about Punk?

They were told not to. (Just like they asked the people at Punk's panel to not ask about "his personal (love)life")

At 1:50 someone plays Punk's theme song and AJ laughs it off. Later on somebody tells her to tell him they love him and that's it.

Kyoufu

They were told not to. (Just like they asked the people at Punk's panel to not ask about "his personal (love)life")

At 1:50 someone plays Punk's theme song and AJ laughs it off. Later on somebody tells her to tell him they love him and that's it.

*sniffles*

I cringed so hard when she pranced with her fans. She's pretty cool though.

Aiii

So not worth it
You think that's bad? At least those are kids that want to do that. At some point in this panel she tells a story of a person that actually found out where she was staying and rented out the room next to her just so they could bump into her as she came out of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, maybe I'm misinterpreting it but I finished Jericho's interview with Chavo, and my blood boiled when I hear "We still don't know what happened" - fucking stupid, stupid, stupid!

Yes we goddamn do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno if you guys saw this in the Punk thread but Bean has been giving me giggles.
What, he needs to use both hands to operate his smartphone?

Here, I've recreated the rest of the image that's just out of frame:

HUTw2An.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Yeah. Fucking stupid.

I hate that goddamned show. Jericho fucking sucks.

Considering Chavo was the last guy to see Benoit alive and lied about the timeline of events on TV, then waited a 2 days before telling anyone in the company about the very suspicious texts, and then went on TV and said he would trust Benoit with his wife and kids while most likely knowing or at least having an idea of what Benoit had done...I'd say anything related to Benoit coming from him is suspect as fuck.

strobogo

Banned
I should get some shoots to listen to for the ride. Zandig is a must. I have the Ric Flair promo comps, about an hour of Macho promos, a handful of Warrior and Hogan promos, HARD TIMES, 24 hours of music, and probably more podcasts than I can listen to. But I like to be prepared. Recommendations please?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I should get some shoots to listen to for the ride. Zandig is a must. I have the Ric Flair promo comps, about an hour of Macho promos, a handful of Warrior and Hogan promos, HARD TIMES, 24 hours of music, and probably more podcasts than I can listen to. But I like to be prepared. Recommendations please?

Could you imagine the hell that would be nothing but Cornette shoots? I love listening to him but only in small doses - anything more and it just wears me out.

I think I remember Bam Bam Bigelow's shoot as being alright-to-good. Kind of in the realm of shoots, there's a lot of good Off The Records up in Canada that are on youtube that you can rip. McMahon, Taker, and more.

ahhahahahhaahahahahahaha

Meltzer said last night that pissed upper management in Wrestle-1 called him, asking if it was true that Russo was back in TNA. They said when they asked TNA, "they wouldn't answer."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ahhahahahhaahahahahahaha

Meltzer said last night that pissed upper management in Wrestle-1 called him, asking if it was true that Russo was back in TNA. They said when they asked TNA, "they wouldn't answer."

Hah. Man, I hope that doesn't fuck with W-1. I enjoy them a lot more than I expected to.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Thank you for this wonderful CWF review Spider. I was entertained, probably more so than if I had actually watched that show. Question: Are all the heels atheists in CWF?
I was expecting the heels to be like evil satanic dudes or stereotypes of sinners or something interesting, they were just generic jobber heels. They all came out and prayed with people! The fuck man!? CWF needs a new booker and I know just the man for the job...me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE Network needs an in-house Gif creator app. You know how many subs they would get based on that alone?

Hopefully 0 since Gifcam is so easy a babby can use it. Or do you mean as a part of their app on consoles?

Yeah. Fucking stupid.

I hate that goddamned show. Jericho fucking sucks.

Chavo's an idiot. He's always had this inflated sense of self worth that is just baffling. A jobber to the stars with a modicum of skill that thinks just because his uncle was a huge star that he is too. "We still don't know what happened..."? He actually said that? What did Jericho say?

Jericho used to be in my all time fav five, but after his boring last comback and all his lame non-wrestling ventures I'm liking him less and less.

strobogo

Banned
Could you imagine the hell that would be nothing but Cornette shoots? I love listening to him but only in small doses - anything more and it just wears me out.

I think I remember Bam Bam Bigelow's shoot as being alright-to-good. Kind of in the realm of shoots, there's a lot of good Off The Records up in Canada that are on youtube that you can rip. McMahon, Taker, and more.

I would head for the nearest cliff and gun it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Chavo's an idiot. He's always had this inflated sense of self worth that is just baffling. A jobber to the stars with a modicum of skill that thinks just because his uncle was a huge star that he is too. "We still don't know what happened..."? He actually said that? What did Jericho say?

Jericho used to be in my all time fav five, but after his boring last comback and all his lame non-wrestling ventures I'm liking him less and less.

I believe it was Jericho who said "We still don't know what happened" and Chavo saying "mhm mhm" - but I may have been misunderstanding. They might have been talking about the why, instead of what actually factually did happen. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom