• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I wonder what nostalgia WWE 2k15 will ride on in order to succeed. 13 was the attitude era. 2k14 was pretty much the entire history of WrestleMania.

WWE 2k15: New Generation Era with Laurence Taylor DLC

Entire history of Cena. You win that paper belt, lift weights, fuck Mickie James etc. etc. etc.

Kaladin

2K 15 is a return to form, It plays like (insert fan favorite here)
Predator technology is technology as fuck this year. New physics for all of the bone crunching action, Balls Mahoney, Brian Pillman and Blue Meanie DLC! to go along with sweet new graffix.

New feature: Bug from last year is now fixed the year!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And a game that doesn't play like it's from 2004?

How about a game that doesn't still have bits of PS1 budget game code in it?

580812_88468_back.jpg

Xater

I still have this small sliver of hope that they switch to the Eco-Motion engine but that's probably going to be unlikely. Basically because of two reason:

1. They probably can't do it in a year.

2. The documentation of the engine would probably need to be translated for the guys in Japan.

Breaking it down like this, I don't even know why I have this sliver of hope...

For starters, how about actually scanning the roster's faces this year. I mean I know RIck Rude is no longer among us, but that doesn't mean you have to half-ass everything else. i swear I saw video where Yoshi Tatsu visited the Yuke's offices and you see the devs literally molding the faces and referencing them only through pictures rather than scanning them. I mean godamn, you guys are getting a new TV deal, USE DAT PAPER.

Fuck it how about not using Yuke's if you can't send the roster to Japan.

Look at these jokers.

Power Move Pro Wrestling completely blew my GODDAMN mind when I was a kid. I couldn't believe a game that advanced was available in 1996. It made the WWF Mortal Kombat rip-offs look completely stupid.

I was so into it, I was researching ways how to mod my PS1 to play Japanese games so I could play the Toukon Retsuden games. I was so hyped when I heard THQ was making a game called "WCW vs. nWo: Live" for the PS1 that used the Toukon Retsuden engine. Then it got cancelled :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just rerelease No Mercy on Virtual Console and I'll be happy.

So many wrestlers they don't have.

Here's what you do. You take King of Colosseum 2. You give it modern wrestlers.
PROFIT. It does your simulation bullshit better than Yukes could ever dream of

Xater

For starters, how about actually scanning the roster's faces this year. I mean I know RIck Rude is no longer among us, but that doesn't mean you have to half-ass everything else. i swear I saw video where Yoshi Tatsu visited the Yuke's offices and you see the devs literally molding the faces and referencing them only through pictures rather than scanning them. I mean godamn, you guys are getting a new TV deal, USE DAT PAPER.

Fuck it how about not using Yuke's if you can't send the roster to Japan.

Look at these jokers.

You could easily do all the scans in the US and just sent that data over to Japan. There really is no reason not to do it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
While we are talking about things that will never happen, like WWE games not being garbage in the future, I want a NJPW crossover show.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. John Cena in a match that will never end

Bullet Club vs. The Shield

Okada vs. Bryan

Bray vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

and all the other ones I don't feel like thinking about

After watching this UFC EA video, it just makes the WWE games look like fucking clown shoes.

It still angers me that Yuke's actually made the previous UFC games also. Like you knew that they could not give two shits about this "fake wrestling shit" we're gonna put our actual efforts in UFC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good plan spider.

Book a NJPW/WWE show.

You have eight matches.

All titles must be defended.

GO!

Xater

While we are talking about things that will never happen, like WWE games not being garbage in the future, I want a NJPW crossover show.

Okada vs. Bryan

I kinda would also like Shibata vs Bryan.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Okada vs. Bryan

Now I'd really like this and it will never happen. THANKS

Sephzilla

WWE should just let netherrealm make a WWE fighting game in the Injustce engine.

Just go full on bananas

I wouldn't mind a wrestling game that throws out the 'simulation' idea and goes for more over the top shit.

-Hogan has two health bars, one for pre-hulk up and post-hulk up.
-Undertaker takes double damage if you attack Paul Bearer/The Urn
-Ric Flair becomes stronger the more he bleeds
-Cena's stats will buff/debuff depending on quality of opponent
-Goldberg takes reduced damage for first 2 minutes of fight
-HBK's sweet chin music does more damage the more HBK himself is beat up
-People's elbow damage is proportionate to size of the venue

I wouldn't mind a wrestling game that throws out the 'simulation' idea and goes for more over the top shit.

-Hogan has two health bars, one for pre-hulk up and post-hulk up.
-Undertaker takes double damage if you attack Paul Bearer/The Urn
-Ric Flair becomes stronger the more he bleeds
-Cena's stats will buff/debuff depending on quality of opponent
-Goldberg takes reduced damage for first 2 minutes of fight

WWEAllStarsCoverArt.png

Let us all weep openly now.

Sephzilla

WWEAllStarsCoverArt.png

Let us all weep openly now.

Almost this.

Visually I'd want it to look like a wrestling sim, but the actual mechanics are completely goofy as fuck. Also, in my theoretical game, don't give a shit about making things "balanced". In no real world realm would someone like Sin Cara stand a chance against 80s Hogan.

WHY?

HZuD8P2.jpg

Also, here's a quick NJPW x WWE card;

NJPW x WWE, "ARMAGEDDON IN YOKOHAMA", 2014.05.25
Yokohama Arena

01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs Adrian Neville & Kalisto
02. Togi Makabe, Kota Ibushi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan
03. No DQ Match: Ryback vs Bad Luck Fale
04. Big E Langston, Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & Yujiro Takahashi
05. Special Singles Challenge: Hirooki Goto vs Randy Orton
06. Special Singles Challenge: Katsuyori Shibata vs The Miz
07. Special 6-Man Tag: Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns
08. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Antonio Cesaro & Jack Swagger
09. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs John Cena
10. WWE & IWGP Heavyweight Title: Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kazuchika Okada (c)

Match 10 goes to a 60 minute draw, but Cena wins the IC title and takes it back to the US. Tanahashi wins it back at Summerslam. Bucks retain. Miz dies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NJPW vs WWE - Sports Vs Entertainment Supercard

Match 1: ULTIMATE BURNING Match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship:

Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows vs Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins - I think this would be a shitload of fun, especially when Gallows grabs Reigns out of his spear and powerbombs him.

Match 2: HYPER FIGHT Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship:

Big E Langston vs Toru Yano - Yano's the best pick against Big E, it'd be a fun as hell match with Big E going over, for once.

Match 3: AERIAL ACE Match for the NEVER Openweight Championship:

Tetsuya Naito vs Ryback - I think Ryback is still and up and comer. It'd be a lot of fun to see flippy shit get grabbed out of the sky.

Match 4: FINAL JUSTICE Match for the WWE United States Championship:

Dean Ambrose vs Togi Makabe - I feel Makabe would be a great showcase for Ambrose. He really would!

Match 5: 1000 YEARS OF OUTLAW Match for the WWE Tag Team Titles:

New Age Outlaws vs Ten-Koji - I wish I didn't have NAO on the card but this matchup makes sense.

Match 6: HIGH ELECTRIC VOLTAGE Match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship:

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Brock Lesnar - Tanahashi of now would be a ton of fun against Lesnar.

Match 7: UNIFIED ULTIMATE NEW EXTRA MATCH for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship:

Randy Orton vs Shinsuke Nakamura - These two would mesh perfectly. It'd be UNREAL.

Match 8: SUPER BONUS SUPREME Match for the IWGP Heavyweight Title:

Kazuchika Okada vs Daniel Bryan - Seriously who wouldn't want to see this?

There you go. I think I booked an alright card. Some omissions on the NJPW side which is a shame, but there's only 8 matches.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Almost this.

Visually I'd want it to look like a wrestling sim, but the actual mechanics are completely goofy as fuck. Also, in my theoretical game, don't give a shit about making things "balanced". In no real world realm would someone like Sin Cara stand a chance against 80s Hogan.
Sin Cara has 75% luck and his Botch AoE can cause other wrestlers to botch.

Mahonay

Banned
In comparison this is what EA Sports use to capture the faces for FIFA.
On the same topic, the scans for NBA 2K14 (PS4/XB1 version) are absolutely insane. They players look absolutely lifelike, and that's said with no hint of hyperbole. Just an intense amount of detail. It makes any players that they weren't able to scan look jarring in comparison.

If Visual Concepts somehow got a hold of the development for WWE games, god damn. Their new lighting and designs for the arenas is also top notch. It would be perfect.
Just use what ever 2K didn't the next gen basketball games. The character models are amazing
Bet me to it.

Sephzilla

Sin Cara has 75% luck and his Botch AoE can cause other wrestlers to botch.

Hitting CM Punk with alcoholic crowd beverage reduces Punk's stats by 5% for each successive hit (cap at 30%).

Kane's stats buff by 25% when entering Royal Rumble match.

Kevin Nash each match as a 15% chance of blowing out a knee

Opponents get a 10% stat buff when Bret Hart is present in ring (because he makes everyone look better).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yano as WWE Intercontinental Champion? Money.

I'd love to see him show up on RAW and harass King, Maggle & JBL into buying his DVD. Do you think he knows how to say "Buy my DVD!" in English?

Shawn Michaels and Triple H would have no problem showing him how to shill, American-style.

On the same topic, the scans for NBA 2K14 (PS4/XB1 version) are absolutely insane. They players look absolutely lifelike, and that's said with no hint of hyperbole. Just an intense amount of detail. It makes any players that they weren't able to scan look jarring in comparison.

If Visual Concepts somehow got a hold of the development for WWE games, god damn. Their new lighting and designs for the arenas is also top notch. I would be perfect.

Bet me to it.

And have pre and post-match interviews. Not only because it would add personality but so the world can see what virtual Renee Young looks like. Complete with Hatsune Miku type model viewer.

C'mon worse things have been said in this board.

Sephzilla

If Visual Concepts somehow got a hold of the development for WWE games, god damn. Their new lighting and designs for the arenas is also top notch. I would be perfect.

Bet me to it.

2k14 PS4/XB1's praise is no joke. It's the most realistic looking video game I've ever played.

Mahonay

Banned
Hitting CM Punk with alcoholic crowd beverage reduces Punk's stats by 5% for each successive hit (cap at 30%).

Kane's stats buff by 25% when entering Royal Rumble match.

Kevin Nash each match as a 15% chance of blowing out a knee

Opponents get a 10% stat buff when Bret Hart is present in ring (because he makes everyone look better).
Start a career with Dolph Ziggler and the career just ends when you lose the World Title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom