• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Guess JR doesn't have to say anything we already know.

I wonder when WWE will acknowledge it, and if/when Punk will make some kind of statement.

Exactly. I can't see WWE going out of their way to screw one market.

"Get access to live PPVs! Unless you live in England!"

London Heathrow sucks! That's enough reason!

... NOBODY TRIES TO DEPORT ME

Probably not until after the war summit. Wouldn't be surprised if punk is back on Monday with a new direction

Me either, to be honest. It really seems like a war summit to get him back and get Bryan on track.

jmdajr

10 Things That Scare JOHN CENA About Women

1. How long it takes you to get ready. Countries were built in less time.

2. How much effort you put into the littlest things. I didn't know how important it was that your nail polish was the exact same shade as your dress.

3. How resourceful you are. I've seen a woman use a foil gum wrapper as a mirror to touch up her lipstick.

4. How long you hold a grudge. No, I don't remember what I said three years ago on the second Tuesday in April.

5. How many "relationship dates" you remember. Do we really need to celebrate the third anniversary of the time we went to the little Italian restaurant down the street?

6. How well you handle stress. Women put guys to shame with how much you can juggle at once.

7. How much you gloat when they are right. Your celebrations rival Mardi Gras.

8. Your strength throughout pregnancy and childbirth. If it were up to men, the human race would be extinct.

9. How every woman has "that look" that says a guy has crossed the line: Trust me—we know it when we see it, and it's scary.

10. How you have such a distorted image of yourself. What you see in the mirror isn't what we see. Give yourself a break—you're beautiful!

glamour mag

From my view, Women DO NOT handle stress well. It's that when men do flip out, it's far worse.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sooooo... who is this Devitt fellow? actually good or everyone is just being ironic? Any highlights I could watch?

strobogo

Banned
What should scare him is what the heavy duty TV make up does to the skin of Divas he bangs. All the women on Total Divas look to have some legit acne problems that I'm sure is caused by the heavy amount of make up they have to wear for their jobs.

sooooo... who is this Devitt fellow? actually good or everyone is just being ironic? Any highlights I could watch?

He's one of the best Jr. Heavyweight wrestlers in Japan who has been New Japan's biggest foreign star for the past few years. He's got a great look, is very athletic and a versatile, talented wrestler who can do more than just flips.

Here's a little MV I made of him;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTqsNK4fHQM

Also, check out his match from Wrestle Kingdom 8 a few weeks ago;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkmRaTIQBQ

Carnby said:
Exactly. I can't see WWE going out of their way to screw one market.

"Get access to live PPVs! Unless you live in England!"

I just can't see Sky paying 3x more for the exclusive PPV rights, knowing that anyone in the UK will be able to see them on the WWE Network, whether they have a Sky subscription or not. Sky's whole deal is securing content that can then only be seen with a Sky subscription.

jmdajr

WWE Superstar Darren Young nominated for GLAAD Media Award for appearance on “Ellen”

20130913_EP_LIGHT_ellen_C-homepage.jpg

WWE Superstar Darren Young has been nominated for a GLAAD Media Award for his September 2013 interview on “Ellen.”

Young made headlines last summer, when he revealed to TMZ reporters that he is gay. As the first active, contracted WWE Superstar to come out, “Mr. No Days Off” joined host Ellen DeGeneres to discuss his decision to reveal his sexuality, as well as the support he’s received from his fellow Superstars, the company and the WWE Universe.

Watch Darren's appearance on "Ellen"

The 25th Annual GLAAD Media Awards honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the LGBT community. The awards will be presented on April 12, 2014 in Los Angeles and May 3 in New York City.

WWE.COM link

Do you all think he's still getting canned?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He's one of the best Jr. Heavyweight wrestlers in Japan who has been New Japan's biggest foreign star for the past few years. He's got a great look, is very athletic and a versatile, talented wrestler who can do more than just flips.

thanks dude. Also, japanese wrestling looks so good, I love it. I really should find a way to watch NJPW, I remember years ago (many years ago, like 10-15) I ordered tapes of it froma shady US site (dont ask me which) and it took MONTHS for me to get them (granted I am in europe) but I finally did, sogood.gif

So, how IS everyone watching NJPW... we doing it legally somehow or what?

PowerTaxi

Banned

I just can't see Sky paying 3x more for the exclusive PPV rights, knowing that anyone in the UK will be able to see them on the WWE Network, whether they have a Sky subscription or not. Sky's whole deal is securing content that can then only be seen with a Sky subscription.

It's fucking weird watching a Japanese wrestling match and hearing a Wicklow accent halfway through.

Rhaknar

im watching that Wrestle Kingdom 8 video from youtube, and im getting seriously hyped, its like anime meets wrestling, this is amazing.

BURRETO CRUBU! (I mean this in the most lovelingly non-racist way possible, I love how the dude said Bullet Club, im not making fun of it >_<)

So, how IS everyone watching NJPW... we doing it legally somehow or what?

Yeah, New Japan have been streaming all of their big shows via Ustream;

www.ustream.tv/njpw

There's 3 iPPVs next month, a small 'Road to New Beginning' show on February 2nd for $15 and the two 'New Beginning 2014' iPPVs (from Hiroshima & Osaka, respectively) later in the month for $25. I'd really recommend the New Beginning in Osaka show on February 11th, the line-up looks awesome and there'll be a bunch of us here watching it live.

Most of the content pops up on youtube or daily motion eventually, but it's nice to be able to watch Japanese wrestling live, rather than the lengths you had to go to get hold of it back in the day :)

Rhaknar

Yeah, New Japan have been streaming all of their big shows via Ustream;

www.ustream.tv/njpw

There's 3 iPPVs next month, a small 'Road to New Beginning' show on February 2nd for $15 and the two 'New Beginning 2014' iPPVs (from Hiroshima & Osaka, respectively) later in the month for $25. I'd really recommend the New Beginning in Osaka show on February 11th, the line-up looks awesome and there'll be a bunch of us here watching it live.

Most of the content pops up on youtube or daily motion eventually, but it's nice to be able to watch Japanese wrestling live, rather than the lengths you had to go to get hold of it back in the day :)

oooh I might get in on this.

Wait why is Devitt a zombie in this match lol, this entrance is amazing.

edit: face paint is fucking badass tbh

Random RAW in 97. The Headbangers were in a match and at the end of the match they were attacked by this team called the Headhunters managed by Cornett. I remember them getting an awkward reaction and I dont think the Headhunters ever returned. Just a very random 97 RAW memory

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be happy to share my WWE Network ID with Bootaaay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He was Carnage, from Spider Man. I assume he likes Carnage, from Spider Man.

He's also done Venom:

uQl19NV.jpg

Got around to these two, good stuff all around. I really liked the pacing of the matches.

Glad you took the time. It's a shame because Low Ki is a ton of fun in the ring, but he insists on throwing tantrums and burning bridges.

Via PWTorch:

"According to Wade Keller of the Torch, an Emergency meeting is being called with creative. Thursday and Friday will decide the future of WWE storylines going forward. It is said that "nothing is sacred" and "Everything will be evaluated". Between sunday night and Punk's departure, it has been cause for pause at Stamford. One thing is for sure, this is getting interesting".

Put a camera in the writers room immediately.

I would buy so many WWE Networks if they make a "Six Days To Air" style documentary about this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Put a camera in the writers room immediately.

I would buy so many WWE Networks if they make a "Six Days To Air" style documentary about this.

Yeah, I understand there's a zillion reasons NOT to do this, but either that or a Vince McMahon reality day-to-day show would be the most compelling TV -ever-.

Host Samurai said:
Random RAW in 97. The Headbangers were in a match and at the end of the match they were attacked by this team called the Headhunters managed by Cornett. I remember them getting an awkward reaction and I dont think the Headhunters ever returned. Just a very random 97 RAW memory

I don't remember them in WWF at all, but The Headhunters were great fun in IWA Japan, where they'd go crazy, stomping through the crowd and throwing fans about - also, they wrestled for WWC in Puerto Rico a lot and turned up in ECW for a while, if I remember rightly.

Vince McMahon said:
I'll be happy to share my WWE Network ID with Bootaaay.

You're a true gent, much obliged :) I'll probably still end up subscribing, despite my bellyaching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, he wrestled like that? o_O

edit: jesus this powerbomb on the apron that some dude does to Kota on the outside looked sick

Yep the Gallows bomb onto the apron was disgusting looking, looked fucking amazingly painful and brutal. I love it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Arabian Butchers? Jeeeeezus.

Fucking racism everywhere.

Rhaknar

HOLY SHIT at this top rope ´rana where they were both standing on the corner! this is awesome

edit: these announcers are getting me seriously pumped lol

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I understand there's a zillion reasons NOT to do this, but either that or a Vince McMahon reality day-to-day show would be the most compelling TV -ever-.

I would buy the network just for that. I would love to see more behind the scenes stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom