• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orton's title run/face of the WWE stint has been booked like absolute arse, I mean I don't really care enough about the guy to raise that much issue with this turn of events but even so, it's hard not to notice how badly they've bungled his heel run.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Orton's title run/face of the WWE stint has been booked like absolute arse, I mean I don't really care enough about the guy to raise that much issue with this turn of events but even so, it's hard not to notice how badly they've bungled his heel run.

What exactly have they bungled? They've given him every chance and tried pretty much everything to make him not suck. He sucks.

Nameless

Better than last week.. still

SameOldCrap.jpg

Raw ends with Cena's music etc..

He has zero heel heat

What exactly have they bungled? They've given him every chance and tried pretty much everything to make him not suck. He sucks.

maybe the fact that they turned him into a whiny bitchmade suck up who loses tv matches.

Orton could've had his badass face edge but as a heel but instead he's just pathetic.

I think Orton is underrated. He is a hard worker and can put in good matches when he is facing good wrestkers, He sells like a champ. You can tell he cares about the craft. I'm positive that all of his negatives are vince telling him to reign in certain aspects of his personality and whatnot whether it's on the mic or in the ring. Lets put it like this. If I see wrestlemania is going to be Orton Vs Bryan for the title. I will be hyped for it because hat match WILL be good. If it was Bryan vs Cena. There's a pretty good chance the match won't be anything special.

I don't buy into that "Vince telling him to hold back" stuff. They try to tone down everyone, but when guys like Punk, Jericho (when he's interested), and HBK go out, their personalities still come through, and it feels natural. When Bryan goes out there, he connects with the people and his work is exciting. When Brock's out there, it feels like someone's gonna die. When The Shield was undefeated, their matches had an aura of total chaos. Orton simply doesn't have that special "stuff" IMO. Outside of the ring he can be as charismatic as whoever, but once those lights turn on, he's the prototypical WWE guy, no more no less. He hits the right spots, does what he's supposed to do, doesn't screw up a match against superior workers, and doesn't Khali his mic time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
As much as I want that to happen, it wont.
Why should they? Crowd was hyped for it, and they seemed to enjoy it. Orton is the WWE Champion, and Cena is the obvious face of the company. Why would you buy a ticket to a WWE show, and then be mad at seeing them? What were you expecting?

The fuck would you be thinking if you did that?

Some of you take this children's TV show too seriously.

Wait. Cena won? Of course he did. It's WrestleMania season. That sucks. I guess he feels like he should be the one that drops it to Bryan.

Ithil

Orton is a talent, but he's not a main event talent and never has been. He makes for a great upper midcarder. He's a good worker and he looks great, but he's not very charismatic nor that versatile.

A B+ in fact.

UberTag

Why should they? Crowd was hyped for it, and they seemed to enjoy it. Orton is the WWE Champion, and Cena is the obvious face of the company. Why would you buy a ticket to a WWE show, and then be mad at seeing them?

I wholeheartedly endorse the above post by SoulPlaya.
Anyone that bought tickets to that taping tonight knew full well what they were getting.
Although I understand Kane didn't take his top off tonight. Sorry about that.

I don't buy into that "Vince telling him to hold back" stuff. They try to tone down everyone, but when guys like Punk, Jericho (when he's interested), and HBK go out, their personalities still come through, and it feels natural. When Bryan goes out there, he connects with the people and his work is exciting. When Brock's out there, it feels like someone's gonna die. When The Shield was undefeated, their matches had an aura of total chaos. Orton simply doesn't have that special "stuff" IMO. Outside of the ring he can be as charismatic as whoever, but once those lights turn on, he's the prototypical WWE guy, no more no less. He hits the right spots, does what he's supposed to do, doesn't screw up a match against superior workers, and doesn't Khali his mic time.
the only reason I can't help but think it is because for one Orton has a great personality that can be seen outside of wrestling and in interviews. And SOMETIMES it does peek through on air so you know it's still there sometimes.

I agree that he is a reliable worker so that might be making him play it safe, but I still think he does it mostly because that's what is expected of him. That's how he became over. If Bryan became over being a boring person no doubt he'd stick to being boring. Orton just got unlucky that he got over doing that slow thinking and talking viper gimmick.

I hope reigns flops and Cena stays at the top for years to come. I want Cena to be the #1 guy for the next 10 years and reigns to flop in their face.

Sephzilla

Why should they? Crowd was hyped for it, and they seemed to enjoy it. Orton is the WWE Champion, and Cena is the obvious face of the company. Why would you buy a ticket to a WWE show, and then be mad at seeing them? What were you expecting?

image.php

UberTag

I hope reigns flops and Cena stays at the top for years to come. I want Cena to be the #1 guy for the next 10 years and reigns to flop in their face.
Cena will be the #1 guy for the next decade at least regardless of whether Reigns gets over or not.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I wholeheartedly endorse the above post by SoulPlaya.
Anyone that bought tickets to that taping tonight knew full well what they were getting.
Although I understand Kane didn't take his top off tonight. Sorry about that.
It's almost as if the WWE is teasing us with Kane. He'll start taking off his shirt, then stop. Like they're saving it for major events only.

Hex

Banned

Isn't it so cool to be the different one?
It doesn't matter how over anyone gets, Bryan and other prove that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom