• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it so cool to be the different one?
It doesn't matter how over anyone gets, Bryan and other prove that.

I'm tired of getting force-fed guys like reigns
He's good but he's being fed to us and pushed so much that even a mark could tell what was happening. Tired of this garbage

Edgeward

Who is he fighting

6 man tag with Cena and DBry vs the Wyatts

He came off a hot tag, hit a spinebuster and went for batista bomb before he got hit by the other wyatts and the match end in no contest. Match lasted 7 minutes tops. Oh and he was the first to leave of the faces that stayed to shake hands. No surprise though

Some of you take this children's TV show too seriously.

This is incredibly disrespectful to good TV shows aimed at children. Just because they want to pull in young viewers doesn't mean they can't be criticized or they have to "play down" to the audience. I feel like we've had this discussion already.

Orton just got unlucky that he got over doing that slow thinking and talking viper gimmick.

Orton got over because of his finisher and his snake convulsions. He was Santino without the comedy or the jobbing.....until now :p

I hope reigns flops and Cena stays at the top for years to come. I want Cena to be the #1 guy for the next 10 years and reigns to flop in their face.

WWFRAW011001-DDPface1.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is incredibly disrespectful to good TV shows aimed at children. Just because they want to pull in young viewers doesn't mean they can't be criticized or they have to "play down" to the audience. I feel like we've had this discussion already..
It's 2014, and Kane interfered in the main event. Last week, the show ended with his music playing, and he's in fantastic shape.

What exactly have they bungled? They've given him every chance and tried pretty much everything to make him not suck. He sucks.

He's supposed to be this vicious apex predator guy who is instead booked like a chump and has lost clean on Raw to not only Cena just now but also Kofi Kingston of all people.
He's never actually booked to do anything remotely interesting, the best he got to let out his apparent mean streak is attacking other wrestlers dads in temper tantrum style fashion, then he got to run away from angry Cena before the rumble and flee the arena. Ideally he should be going full on early 2009 with this where he actually came across as the "viper" they pretend he is now.
The authority propped him up as their hand picked guy only to second guess their choice each month following (and then aiding him anyway) resetting any sort of development he's supposed to get in this role.

Now believe me I'd happily have Orton drop the title and go back to aimlessly wandering like the last two years but even I have to stop and look at this as some poor booking to support his big title/face of the WWE push like WWE think those points alone will keep the crowds attention with him. Dare I say if an IWC favourite was having a heel title reign like this I bet people would be griping.

To reiterate I don't care for Orton (i'd sooner have had Cena win that TLC match), I just find it odd that he's booked in this wishy washy manner as the unified champ as well as for the guy who will likely main event WM.

Edit: dammit it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm discussing the finer points of Orton's booking of all people, a true sign that I need sleep.

UberTag

This is incredibly disrespectful to good TV shows aimed at children. Just because they want to pull in young viewers doesn't mean they can't be criticized or they have to "play down" to the audience. I feel like we've had this discussion already.
If we're going to have a serious discussion about this, you're absolutely correct here. Tailoring a product for a specific demographic doesn't mean you have to pander to the lowest common denominator or treat your viewing audience like they're a bunch of incompetents.

I was absolutely entralled by two G-rated kids' animated films this weekend (The LEGO Movie and Ernest & Celestine, for the record) that did neither of those things. One was funny and imaginative and the other was sweet and charming. And neither movie exuded a contempt for their viewing audience the way most WWE programming does.

gurudyne

I still don't get why Orton is jobbing clean like this as champ. It's like some meta Triple H thing, I dunno.

http://i.imgur.com/yK1UNoJ.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

You have a belt, you lose. It's how you build up contenders. That you're building contenders for a prize that slowly comes to mean nothing seems to escape the writers.

What I took from Raw tonight:

-They started the Bray Wyatt/Cena angle too early and we'll have to forget it until after EC. (Unless they have Cena winning the title there LOLOLOLOLOLOL)

-electronic devices connected to your tv have to have electricity supplied to them

Edit: lol if that was a tease at a Kane v. Bryan match at Mania. Fuck that. I don't want that at all.

I don't remember Emma having any heaters, but it sure looks like it tonight.

What do you mean by heaters? I won't be able to see your response for another 2 hours but using context clues, I'm going to assume you mean her breasts?

Heaters. Must be a regional Oklahoman thing. Maybe J.R's said it before.

antonz

What do you mean by heaters? I won't be able to see your response for another 2 hours but using context clues, I'm going to assume you mean her breasts?

Might have meant haters because she has always had the heaters

UberTag

With each loss Orton suffers in this series of matches pre-EC, it just makes me that much more sure that he's winning at EC.
How could one possibly entertain any other conclusion at this point?
Clean pinfall losses to Kofi, Bryan and Cena in the span of a month and a half in front of the WWE's largest viewing audience.
Of course he's winning at Elimination Chamber.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Renee is PRAGNENT like jeezus.

Yep. Heaters. Two of em. Keep you warm at night.

Spending the entirety of the Christian/Sheamus vs Real American match talking about how Christian is too ugly to be champion is good television. Shark Johnson post if you're okay.

ah fuck i forgot RAW was tonight, I was gonna watch whatever Avengers they have on Hulu. i'll power through it cause it's probably shit anyway

Peck is trying his hardest to be like Bo Dallas, but he isn't even in Bo's league. Can't wait to remove this FILTH from my avatar so Peck can go back into UTTER OBSCURITY where he belongs.

YES I'M MAD. NO MORE QUESTIONS.

PISS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Peck is trying his hardest to be like Bo Dallas, but he isn't even in Bo's league. Can't wait to remove this FILTH from my avatar so Peck can go back into UTTER OBSCURITY where he belongs.

YES I'M MAD. NO MORE QUESTIONS.

PISS

pDprrNR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom