• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Laughable reading that shut-ins are ripping on Renee's amazing body.

You big Dave Mastiff, you have no room to talk. That shit right there is a baby bump. I ain't callin her fat, but I'm calling YOU fat you porky chunk.

Who cares about punk it's all about this man

tumblr_n0u335LMzP1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_n0u2ruLX6C1sbzhteo1_400.gif

How does one go about watching this live online? Judging by the time you guys were commenting about it, it seems very early in the morning in the US and I have work the next day. :lol

Times vary, but it's usually anything between 3PM & 7PM Japan time, which is like 1AM-5AM US Eastern time. However, the VOD's go up within moments of the show finishing and are available for a week after the original airing, so you can watch it whenever if you don't mind not watching live.

You can purchase the shows from www.ustream.tv/njpw but most usually hit youtube/dailymotion at some point.

Lamda Piscium said:
Bootaaay, a forgotten classic for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bH9QKC0tw4

Dat main riff, so awesome. In exchange, have some random 80's German power metal;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhiRjkok4gs

Ithil

Cesaro is the total package as a wrestler. He's one of the world's best wrestlers, he's tall and muscular, he's strong as hell, he looks great, he's got credibility with hardcore fans, and he can talk well.
And he speaks many languages, helpful for WWE in a PR way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Times vary, but it's usually anything between 3PM & 7PM Japan time, which is like 1AM-5AM US Eastern time. However, the VOD's go up within moments of the show finishing and are available for a week after the original airing, so you can watch it whenever if you don't mind not watching live.

You can purchase the shows from www.ustream.tv/njpw but most usually hit youtube/dailymotion at some point.

Yeah. I'm watching tonight once I get off work. On demand!

Thanks, boss. Definitely going to try and start watching this regularly. WWE won't ruin my love of rasslin. Speaking of, I need to get back to watching NXT.

XenoRaven

Just a side note. I actually prefer www.ustream.tv/njpwjp. /njpw has moved to Spanish commentary for whatever reason. So if I'm going to watch the show in a language I can't understand, I'd prefer it to be in the original language. /njpwjp is still Japanese commentary. You will know which is which when you go to pay since /njpwjp is in Yen.

Aiii

So not worth it
People are seriously getting worked up about Cole saying the chants should go away?

Really? Aside from the fact Cole is a company man and is obviously siding with the company.... Those chants are absolutely ridiculous. Punk quit, get over it. Chant for people that can actually benefit from your chants.

Just a side note. I actually prefer www.ustream.tv/njpwjp. /njpw has moved to Spanish commentary for whatever reason. So if I'm going to watch the show in a language I can't understand, I'd prefer it to be in the original language. /njpwjp is still Japanese commentary. You will know which is which when you go to pay since /njpwjp is in Yen.

That was just for the FantasticaMania shows, as they flew some Mexican commentators out with the CMLL wrestlers - however, the /njpwjp page usually works out a few bucks cheaper, as the exchange rate is currently favourable for international viewers.

Xater

Still going through the Hiroshima show. Um the 8 man tag with Bullet Clubt seems to be the exact same match s on the house show. That's disappointing.

Guess the leson here is to skip the house shows and just go for the big ones.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People are seriously getting worked up about Cole saying the chants should go away?

Really? Aside from the fact Cole is a company man and is obviously siding with the company.... Those chants are absolutely ridiculous. Punk quit, get over it. Chant for people that can actually benefit from your chants.

Shit flows downhill. I bet a lot of people were put out when someone walks out, not unlike any other business. It's not just a "fuck you" to this company, it's to the people who work with you and bust their ass.

Cagey

Banned
Chanting CM Punk is a more subversive chant than Daniel Bryan now, and it's fans rejection of certain parts of the product. It's going to keep happening. Even if it dies down in some places, Chicago and Brooklyn are on the horizon as Monday Night RAW destinations.

Kyoufu

Who actually benefits from chants?

Hasney

Why? The chants are aimed at the product and the fact that CM Punk should have been regarded as at least the #2 guy in the company, so it's a lot easier to get several people to chant his name rather than "This product sucks", "Change the channel" or "Bring back Russo". It's to try and get them to change course and we've seen that chanting for Daniel Bryan does fuck all in the grand scheme of things, so may as well chant something that appears to at least get under the skin of the people in the back a bit more.

Unless you're in the Hammerstein Ballroom, of course. Then any chant catches on.

Malvingt2

Chanting CM Punk is a more subversive chant than Daniel Bryan now, and it's fans rejection of certain parts of the product. It's going to keep happening. Even if it dies down in some places, Chicago and Brooklyn are on the horizon as Monday Night RAW destinations.

People from Chicago better not let me down. My calender is ready.

kiguel182

So, you guys watch the show without subtitles?

Japanese wrestling seems cool but I couldn't watch it without understanding what's happening.

Ithil

Why? The chants are aimed at the product and the fact that CM Punk should have been regarded as at least the #2 guy in the company, so it's a lot easier to get several people to chant his name rather than "This product sucks", "Change the channel" or "Bring back Russo". It's to try and get them to change course and we've seen that chanting for Daniel Bryan does fuck all in the grand scheme of things, so may as well chant something that appears to at least get under the skin of the people in the back a bit more.

Unless you're in the Hammerstein Ballroom, of course. Then any chant catches on.

Punk was regarded as the number two guy.

Japanese wrestling seems cool but I couldn't watch it without understanding what's happening.

There's nothing happening you won't be able to infer by the matches. Most of NJPW's storytelling happens in the ring.

The promos get subtitled later anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, no subs.

It doesn't bother me at all - almost every single bit of story is told in the ring, and they're masterful at it - no words needed. For the stuff that happens outside of the ring (very little compared to WWE or TNA) some dedicated fansubbers like Yottsume are delivering pretty quickly to keep people up. There's also a bunch of sites Boots follows closely that blog about goings-on.

I just listen to Boots for any nuances I'm not clued in to :)

What's the card looking at for elimination chamber? Last year we had 8 matches. This year we have 3 and probably the tag title match between the Usos and Outlaws. I can't thing of anything else. Probably a shitty divas match.

I would never rip on Renee's body. I want to break her back, make her humble. Goddam her voice....

On to Raw, they cut out Emma's in ring debut. How was it? Betty White had no idea where she was, like she had just been transported to another universe. The fate of The E was jn ghe main event but I don't know where it is leading....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's with you people? Saying someone has a baby bump doesn't mean they're fat or that it's bad. It's just...she's got a bun in the oven. That's all there is.

Aiii

So not worth it
Who actually benefits from chants?

Ask Ryder, because he never would've been US champion without them.

Why? The chants are aimed at the product and the fact that CM Punk should have been regarded as at least the #2 guy in the company,

Punk was the #2 guy in the company. Cena headlined one team of House Shows, Punk did the other. Cena was the #1 merch guy, Punk was the #2 merch guy.

Hasney

Punk was regarded as the number two guy.

Possibly was. Really should have headlined at least one Wrestlemania by now if that were the case though. Maybe getting bumped from the main event of one of them even though you had the title to play second fiddle to the #1 guy and a big return, but to Batista and Orton? I wouldn't feel like I was #2 anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Possibly was. Really should have headlined at least one Wrestlemania by now if that were the case though. Maybe getting bumped from the main event of one of them even though you had the title to play second fiddle to the #1 guy and a big return, but to Batista and Orton? I wouldn't feel like I was #2 anymore.

Miz main evented Wrestlemania - it isn't a sure thing for a #2 dude. A #2 dude would get a Taker match, and he did.

Punk can never, ever overtake Cena. Cena just works too goddamn hard. Nobody can top that kind of work ethic. Call Cena a shitload of things, but lazy won't ever apply to him.

Aiii

So not worth it
"Yeah, I'm not renewing my contract, Vince, but really, put me in the main event and put me over whoever I'm facing"

Because that makes sense.

Listen, guys, you know I love Punk as much as the next guy, but there's really no reason to pretend he's on some big crusade right now. He was as high on the card as he could get, he earned big money and he was burned out by the schedule and just being generally a person that's pissed off alot and he left. That's it.

Striker

Dolph Ziggler gets cheered every week and he is drowning aimlessly in the "midcard" and jobs all the time.

The chants don't do anything - they'll push who they want.

Sephzilla

Dolph Ziggler gets cheered every week and he is drowning aimlessly in the "midcard" and jobs all the time.

God, seeing Ziggler job to ADR was sad when you factor in that ADR himself is simply going to be jobbing to Batista.

What is the point of the Batista/ADR feud right now anyway? ADR never really explained what his beef with Batista was

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Speaking of drowning, how about that 90 second squash on Raw? Yeesh.

Pavaloo

I want to see the receipts.

Watch any press event prior to Punk walking out, the dude is an open book. Yeah, I'd make that guy #1 of my company.

Dude fell so far SO fast. He must have pissed someone off really badly and I'm just wondering who and how

CM Punk will come back for ghe Rumble next year to main event Mania. He is gojng to become the man that he hates.

It was sad to see Dolph get thoroughly decimated by ADR.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Should've used R-Truth or Tensai. Anybody but Ziggler, but it's clear of their intentions with him. Unfortunate.

And this is why I say we need more jobbers, and more squash matches, so people don't get this stigma attached to them.

Kyoufu

Watch any press event prior to Punk walking out, the dude is an open book. Yeah, I'd make that guy #1 of my company.

We're not talking about #1 here.

He's burned out because of the direction of the company and his body, but there's no evidence that says he wouldn't have re-signed if he was being used the way he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom