• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wait a minute, some of you actually think the reason Punk left is because he didn't want to fight Kane in a meaningless match on a B level PPV that he would have won clean? Come on, you marks. This is all about a WM PPV bonus.

Stop it. Punk's body is fucked up and hurt, and he realized that the money he would likely get just wasn't worth the abuse anymore.

Sephzilla

Wait a minute, some of you actually think the reason Punk left is because he didn't want to fight Kane in a meaningless match on a B level PPV that he would have won clean? Come on, you marks. This is all about a WM PPV bonus.

Stop it. Punk's body is fucked up and hurt, and he realized that the money he would likely get just wasn't worth the abuse anymore.

I bet its the WM PPV bonus and him probably losing to HHH at Mania.

Because really, do you think HHH is going to job to Punk?

RBH

BfRdo8hCAAAZiVB.jpg

Stone Cold Steve Austin interview on The Arsenio Hall Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsf7Ak_k1TY#t=11m23s

Pavaloo

1) Rock/Punk should have been the WrestleMania main event, not Rock/Cena. Punk would have had his main event, Rock would have had the title and spotlight, and Cena would have gotten the belt at the next PPV. Nobody really wanted Cena/Rock II and a historic title reign should end at WrestleMania.

2) Old guy, part timer, and then Kane. I loved his Shield feud though.

3) Yeah, I'd love to see Orton and Cena start putting over some more of the younger talent at this point.

1) Punk didn't deserve the rub Cena got, no one else in the company does.
2) Yeah Undertaker and Brock Lesnar, old guy and part timer whatever right? SMH.
"Who will ever beat The Old Guy's streak?!"
3) Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Cena will bring them up in promos that don't have to do with them, but will be called a leech. Orton will work with Cesaro, Bryan, and many other young guys for a whole year on SmackDown before a heel turn title run, but no one remember it.

jmdajr

I bet its the WM PPV bonus and him probably losing to HHH at Mania.

Because really, do you think HHH is going to job to Punk?
Who knows, sure as heck wont happen now. Trips is probably taking sedatives to prevent him burying Punk on TV. It must be killing him.

"Please POPs, let me burry him. PLEASE!"

It's a tough deal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Two more fucking weeks of this fucking avatar

I am so upset. Feels like a year. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate that being picked as one of the guys that can hang with Taker to the point where they feel fans will buy that they can beat the streak is a bad thing.

For fucks sake you guys are jaded, it's insane considering the Taker match is considered the main event of Mania by so many watching.

"OH BUT ITS NOT THE FINAL MATCH ON THE CARD! THEY DON'T EVEN POINT TO THE MANIA SIGN FOR THIS ONE!" Like that even matters, jesus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate that being picked as one of the guys that can hang with Taker to the point where they feel fans will buy that they can beat the streak is a bad thing.

For fucks sake you guys are jaded, it's insane considering the Taker match is considered the main event of Mania by so many watching.

Why do you do this? You make posts that make sense on one day, then the next day it's insanity, then back to reasonable posts. God DAMN you Aiii!

Punk wasn't being mistreated. He was being held back from the #1 position because he had visible tattoos.

You don't know how much I wish Marc Mero won...

I would have worn a Johnny B Badd avatar with pride, goddammit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why do you do this? You make posts that make sense on one day, then the next day it's insanity, then back to reasonable posts. God DAMN you Aiii!

Punk wasn't being mistreated. He was being held back from the #1 position because he had visible tattoos.

All my posts are reasonable. You just don't agree with all my views Sunny... And that's okay too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

You mean the abuse he'd take from seeing Kane's glorious old man body. Grappling with such a specimen would give any normal skinny fat ass like Punk a serious case of the vapors.

Sephzilla

3) Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Cena will bring them up in promos that don't have to do with them, but will be called a leech. Orton will work with Cesaro, Bryan, and many other young guys for a whole year on SmackDown before a heel turn title run, but no one remember it.

Eh, for me the only time I consider Cena a leech is when they bring out the old timers like Flair and then trot Cena out so the fans can't boo the shit out of him.

DMczaf

Miz continues to exist

WWE star Mike “The Miz” Mizanin will return for “The Marine 4,” after starring in the third outing last year. Actioner will also feature WWE Diva Summer Rae. Mizanin headlined the ABC Family comedy “Christmas Bounty” over the holidays.

Why Summer, why?

Sephzilla

"OH BUT ITS NOT THE FINAL MATCH ON THE CARD! THEY DON'T EVEN POINT TO THE MANIA SIGN FOR THIS ONE!" Like that even matters, jesus.

Honestly I think part of the mystique for the Taker matches were ruined by the HHH matches. Taker kicking out of a SCM+Pedigree+Stairs combo pretty much destroyed any remaining belief that there was any chance of the streak ever ending. No further challengers besides maybe Cena have a remote shot at ending it anymore.

Jingle All the Way 2 starring Santino and Larry the Cable Guy AND The Marine 4 starring The Miz?! This is because of the CM Punk chants, isn't it...

idk, I remember Orton beating Sandow, Cody, Cesaro (while he was US Champ) and Barrett every week on the reg while he was in the middle doing fucking nothing. some of those were near-squash matches, too (aka everything involving Sandow).
Miz continues to exist

Why Summer, why?
i wanna see summer in a movie, i'll watch it

Aiii

So not worth it
Emma can get over. Have faith brahs. I willed Renee ro pregnancy.

She can, but they aren't letting her character develop. They just go "do your dance" and that's it. It's the exact same problem every diva has. Naomi is actually a pretty good wrestler and her and AJ had some pretty good ones in FCW and NXT, but everyone now is " Naomi sucks" because all she is is "that girl with the big ass"

No personality, no character, just one-dimensional 3-minute Raw-matches as "the girl that can't dance" aren't going to get anyone over, even Emma.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so it looks fair if we cut our avatars over on the date of the WWE Network launch. Let's set it for that day. Right after Raw.

Sephzilla

That entire Wyatts vs Shield segment felt like Attitude Era Gangs.

Except without the blatant racism.

Pretty much. I think that's why I marked out for it. You don't see rival heel stables very much anymore. Granted I know Shield is a bit more tweener than heel now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it feels like so far awaaaaaay

It is far away.

If you're keen to it, the next avatar "event" will be just repping your favorite wrasslin promotion on your av. Just a little symbol in the corner. So feel free to participate if you like, I got my Marchie Archie one with NJPW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can see why they made LA/The Staples Center the default home for Summerslam. That crowd while giving some people the business did know how to respond when things got good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wyatts/Shield can still be saved for Mania, EC guarantees some screwiness.

Kyoufu

Honestly, when Cena/Miz were feuding and the whole Rock/Cena thing was starting up I thought Miz promo wise looked stronger than Cena.

Well the thing is, everybody looked stronger than Cena promo wise for a long time, until Cena started finally giving good promos when he feuded with Punk during and after the Summer of Punk.

About the only time I actually enjoy Cena on my TV screen is when he's involved with Punk. He not only cuts a good promo but performs well in the ring.

Cena is underrated but a lot of that is down to PG, being the face of the company and creative.

I wonder

Will CM Punk chants will be edited when the RAWs are seen on the WWE Network?

And will they do teh same to the "a**hole" chants on the Attitude Era RAWs?

Sephzilla

Well the thing is, everybody looked stronger than Cena promo wise for a long time, until Cena started finally giving good promos when he feuded with Punk during and after the Summer of Punk.

About the only time I actually enjoy Cena on my TV screen is when he's involved with Punk. He not only cuts a good promo but performs well in the ring.

Cena's talents really do seem to go up and down depending on the quality of opponent he's facing. I honestly can not remember a single time where Cena helped make someone look better than they actually where.

Raw64life

Shame Shields/Wyatts is going to be over so quick. I don't know why there in such a rush to break up The Shield. And I bet creative has no fucking clue what they plan to do with any of them, even Reigns. Can't say I'm looking forward to Rollins wrestling Zack Ryder/R-Truth/Tensai on Main Event for the next 6 months after Mania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom