• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Shame Shields/Wyatts is going to be over so quick. I don't know why there in such a rush to break up The Shield. And I bet creative has no fucking clue what they plan to do with any of them, even Reigns. Can't say I'm looking forward to Rollins wrestling Zack Ryder/R-Truth/Tensai on Main Event for the next 6 months after Mania.

Reigns is probably going to get the US Title and get a rocket strapped to his back.

Ambrose will probably become a good midcard heel who'll eventually become a main event heel.

I have a bad feeling Rollins is going to become Neo Ziggler.

Sephzilla

Chicken heel cheating champion... they do it every time. It really annoyed me when they did it with Punk. As if he needs to cheat to beat anyone.

You know wrestling is fake, right?

It's just annoying when they turn someone into the chicken shit heel character when it feels out of character for them. Brock Lesnar, a former UFC champ, shouldn't be backing down form people or running out of the ring. CM Punk shouldn't be a cowardly heel when he was a fighting "best in the world" wrestler when he earned the belt.

RBH

REGkMFb.gif

They had that weird promo package for Reigns last night. But ghere will be an odd man out. They have it added anything to Rollins so he is going to be dead. He probably got some brownie points for that quip about Punk during commercial break. Brah could start a power couple with Paige though.

I'm comparing two wrestlers who have "paid their dues," worked around the world, and are arguably the best wrestlers in the world. I'm comparing how two wrestlers work with what they're given. One makes gold, the other gets upset.

Is it really "beneath" CM Punk to fight legend status superstars? I wonder if Kane feels slighted.

The way I see it is much simpler than that. Punk facing HHH at Mania is fine. What's not fine is him putting HHH over. Period. It's time for him to retire and the best way for him to do it is to have him put over Bryan or Punk in the process. That's one thing. The other thing is that you have a hero that works hard and a bully that people pay to watch get his ass kicked. Wrestling story lines are simple. If they pay off isn't at Wrestlemania then when? The current story is set up to leave the heroes in the lurch. NOT OK.

HHH being a heel/face at the same time makes no sense. He isn't Heisenberg. There's no clear motivation so his character doesn't connect with the audience. If you can't effectively book a complex character don't try.

You have 7 months left on Punk's contract. If you don't have a plan that makes some kind of sense to end your run on, you're beat up and the story line they're booking has no resolution why bother? Especially if you don't need the money.

tm24

It is far away.

If you're keen to it, the next avatar "event" will be just repping your favorite wrasslin promotion on your av. Just a little symbol in the corner. So feel free to participate if you like, I got my Marchie Archie one with NJPW.
Wait, so the next event will just be my regular avatar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so the next event will just be my regular avatar

Whatever you want it to be, just put a little PWG logo in the corner you PWG junkie!

We will see you in a month then, it'll be good to speak to Shao Kahn again though!

Yeah, I don't know what you mean and you'll never see a portal to Outworld ever again. Ever ever.

Pavaloo

The way I see it is much simpler than that. Punk facing HHH at Mania is fine. What's not fine is him putting HHH over. Period. It's time for him to retire and the best way for him to do it is to have him put over Bryan or Punk in the process. That's one thing. The other thing is that you have a hero that works hard and a bully that people pay to watch get his ass kicked. Wrestling story lines are simple. If they pay off isn't at Wrestlemania then when? The current story is set up to leave the heroes in the lurch. NOT OK.

HHH being a heel/face at the same time makes no sense. He isn't Heisenberg. There's no clear motivation so his character doesn't connect with the audience. If you can't effectively book a complex character don't try.

You have 7 months left on Punk's contract. If you don't have a plan that makes some kind of sense to end your run on, you're beat up and the story line they're booking has no resolution why bother? Especially if you don't need the money.

Yeah I agree Punk should beat Hunter, but we don't know he wouldn't have. It's all speculation at this point. I'm sure it was on the table for Hunter to win, but I highly doubt it was set in stone.

As for Triple H's character - he has been HEEL through and through. Any semblance of being a face is Trips going "see I'm not a bad guy" which is a total heel thing to do. "It's not my fault you got fired Cody, I gave you an opportunity, but you lost the match. Sorry." The ambiguity is totally heel! "Yeah of course Bryan we didn't want to put you through any crap again WINK WINK"

As for whether or not Punk was going to go over: if you publicly talk about how much you dislike the company, the direction, and how you're not going to return when you very publicly end your contract in July, why the fuck would I put you over at the biggest event of the year? Out of some sort of "mutual" respect? It doesn't seem like it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Remember when Miz headlined WrestleMania?

Punk probably loses sleep over that every single night.

Yeah it was the last decent WM main event. Miz was also the last entertaining heel WWE champ.

When are they actually teaming up Miz with Ziggler. I want it to happen already.

Aiii

So not worth it
Whatever you want it to be, just put a little PWG logo in the corner you PWG junkie!

Yeah, I don't know what you mean and you'll never see a portal to Outworld ever again. Ever ever.
You wouldn't know him, I don't think the two of you ever met. He's a fun guy though, bit much into muscles though for my taste.

Mahonay

Banned
"Yeah, I'm not renewing my contract, Vince, but really, put me in the main event and put me over whoever I'm facing"

Because that makes sense.

Listen, guys, you know I love Punk as much as the next guy, but there's really no reason to pretend he's on some big crusade right now. He was as high on the card as he could get, he earned big money and he was burned out by the schedule and just being generally a person that's pissed off alot and he left. That's it.
Yep. I think this is a pretty solid summary of the Punk situation.

I think some people are reading wayyy too much into it, almost turning into a work in their minds, in hopes that Punk makes some kind of big return before or after Mania.

Shit's business. Move on. If he comes back, he comes back.

Sephzilla

Miz was also the last entertaining heel WWE champ

I... um.. well... actually, I might have to agree. Punk wasn't that entertaining when Shield was bailing him out all of the time. He was more entertaining as a heel feuding with Taker than he was as champ.

Isn't there a gif of Vince acting pissed but nodding in agreement? I need that.

for a guy everyone except 2 people hates, Miz is very gif-able
It is far away.

If you're keen to it, the next avatar "event" will be just repping your favorite wrasslin promotion on your av. Just a little symbol in the corner. So feel free to participate if you like, I got my Marchie Archie one with NJPW.
huh, never noticed the NJPW logo til now. gettin my NXT logo ready

Yeah I agree Punk should beat Hunter, but we don't know he wouldn't have. It's all speculation at this point. I'm sure it was on the table for Hunter to win, but I highly doubt it was set in stone.

As for Triple H's character - he has been HEEL through and through. Any semblance of being a face is Trips going "see I'm not a bad guy" which is a total heel thing to do. "It's not my fault you got fired Cody, I gave you an opportunity, but you lost the match. Sorry." The ambiguity is totally heel! "Yeah of course Bryan we didn't want to put you through any crap again WINK WINK"

As for whether or not Punk was going to go over: if you publicly talk about how much you dislike the company, the direction, and how you're not going to return when you very publicly end your contract in July, why the fuck would I put you over at the biggest event of the year? Out of some sort of "mutual" respect? It doesn't seem like it.

That's exactly it. This is all speculation. I just think we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt and not assume that he's the bad guy in this situation. As a fan of the dude I'd rather he show up to work regardless but let's just wait and see what happens for now.

Pavaloo

That's exactly it. This is all speculation. I just think we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt and not assume that he's the bad guy in this situation. As a fan of the dude I'd rather he show up to work regardless but let's just wait and see what happens for now.

Because it's all speculation there are two things we know: 1 - CM Punk walked out. 2 - He was not fired.

Therefore, CM Punk has turned his back on the WWE universe. ;__;

but that's okay because Sezzy will save us
Dr45a.gif

Because it's all speculation there are two things we know: 1 - CM Punk walked out. 2 - He was not fired.

Dr45a.gif

I still think Cesaro should add Clark/Ralf's throwing in air back breaker move from KOF to his arsenal

Dr45a.gif

None of this makes him the bad guy though.

Cesaro is great, but needs his own character badly.

They were working hard last night to get Batista over. Saving fan fave Dolph and breaking the announce table on free tv. Didn't even have to cut a promo about The Dodgers or In N Out.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
They're some really, really fun people over there. Good folks. It reminds me that yes, WWE Network needs a "Live" channel that shows a playlist. It makes a huge difference with community building and keeping people talking about something.

It's to the point where I only want to watch things with chat. Twitch and Taima have broken my spectator habits.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's to the point where I only want to watch things with chat. Twitch and Taima have broken my spectator habits.

On-demand is all well and good but I think there's always got to be an option for people to gather around and enjoy the same thing.

I'd love, love, LOVE to have a WrassleGAF channel but I don't know how to even begin. But I'd love to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom