• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
On-demand is all well and good but I think there's always got to be an option for people to gather around and enjoy the same thing.

I'd love, love, LOVE to have a WrassleGAF channel but I don't know how to even begin. But I'd love to.

You can create a channel.
to register a channel, simply enter a channel name that isn't being used. The first person to join will have temporary admin status of that channel, and the channel can be registered by clicking the button on the blue prompt that appears on an unregistered channel.

Pavaloo

None of this makes him the bad guy though.

Cesaro is great, but needs his own character badly.
Tell that to the wwe universe! lol

Cesaro needs nothing, but more mic time. His character is fine, his psychology is superb, and his finisher can be devastating (Khali). He started to legitimately get his own heat town to town as US champ before Jack took all his American Swagger. Thank god they put them together because it has been wonderful. From day 1 Cesaro outclassed Swagger as a real american (smirking along with Zebs points during promos, gesturing, etc. Jack was stiff for a while)
So am I the only person who thinks it's only a matter of time before Orton actually goes after a fan in the crowd who taunts him?
He already attacked Cena's dad! The man has snapped!

Carnby

Hi guys. How was Raw this week? Did the audience hijack the show again, is there signs of improving writing, is there anything to give me hope that WM won't be a bust?

somedevil

Hi guys. How was Raw this week? Did the audience hijack the show again, is there signs of improving writing, is there anything to give me hope that WM won't be a bust?

That's a tough question because everyone has different tastes. I found it a lot better than last week and Meltzer enjoyed the episode.

The crowd didn't hijack the show but it was a very good crowd. Also, hijacking really only happens on the pay per views when Daniel Bryan is not in the title match.

They put him before the Cena vs Orton match to keep the crowd happy and so the crowd only did the usual Cena sucks chants. Batista still is getting cheered though.

Also, Cm Punk chants are hard to do because unlike Bryan he isn't there and who would you chant that at other than Triple H and Stephanie? So they started and ended quickly.

there was none of that, but it was somehow an okay show with some good wrestling matches

Yep. Good show, worth watching for sure. Still looking like Batista Orton in the main event and Bryan vs HHH. Not sure if Cana vs Bray is still on, guessing yes.

So yeah, Mania card still looks garbage, just more so because no Punk.

Sephzilla

It was better than last week, but that doesn't say too much.

Usos had a pretty decent tag match.

Ziggler jobbed to ADR. ADR got put through the American announce table by Batista.

The Wyatts and Shield had the crowd jacked up. Bryan came out to attack Kane just before the main event to pacify the crowd.

Cena vs Orton round 357 was everything you've come to expect from a Cena/Orton match. Orton threw another temper tantrum mid-match because the crowd was kind of bored.

Show ends with Appledough's music playing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to start a similar website called tama.tv. The hook will be that I only allow the viewing of Tama Tonga matches.

I think I've got the recipe for success!

I like Tama Tonga. I'm happy for this.

Yeah, but I don't see Punk have the same mid-match hissy fits Orton has when people boo and chant during his matches because they're bored (because Punk's much better in the ring). I could totally see Orton grabbing/slapping a fan if Orton was ringside and being taunted. He's got really thin skin for a wrestler.
maybe younger orton, but orton these days? I don't see it.

tm24

I will never tire of this gif

ibjMnKJ0ifMTq4.gif

Sephzilla

lol Orton is working ya

I dunno. He's obviously working the crowd when he stands there and does his taunt. But he also has those moments like last night when he kind of erupted out of nowhere and had to catch himself from screaming same old shit on television.

I dunno. He's obviously working the crowd when he stands there and does his taunt. But he also has those moments like last night when he kind of erupted out of nowhere and had to catch himself from screaming same old shit on television.
He was still working. He's been posing for the crowd and interacting with them a lot more lately.

jred2k

You both could be right, I'll have to watch it again. Granted haven't there also been reports of Orton getting super pissed off backstage when crowds shit on his matches?

He probably does get pissed off backstage. I know I'd feel pretty shitty if thousands of people told me I sucked at my job every night. That doesn't mean he can't control him self and use it as a way to get a little heat in the ring. His character is supposed to be a bit of a cocky dick so it would make sense he wants to give it back to the crowd a little bit.

charsace

Shame Shields/Wyatts is going to be over so quick. I don't know why there in such a rush to break up The Shield. And I bet creative has no fucking clue what they plan to do with any of them, even Reigns. Can't say I'm looking forward to Rollins wrestling Zack Ryder/R-Truth/Tensai on Main Event for the next 6 months after Mania.

The Shield was always a vehicle to get Reigns over. Now that they think he's "ready" Ambrose hasn't been the one that looks like he leads. The way they have handled Reigns is excellent because a lot of people are convinced he is ready now. They put him with two guys they know can get over (notice how it isn't WWE trained guys, but indie guys they chose to do it). This is even though he doesn't cut promos, wrestles singles matches, and doesn't work much in the tag matches. Reigns gets to finish promos, doesn't take pins or looks weak at any time, and gets all the best offensives spots and gets dominant pins. If either Ambrose or Rollins debuted on their own and got booked half as strong as Reigns has been since the shield debut, they would be headlining wrestlemania in the title match.

Carnby

It was better than last week, but that doesn't say too much.

Usos had a pretty decent tag match.

Ziggler jobbed to ADR. ADR got put through the American announce table by Batista.

The Wyatts and Shield had the crowd jacked up. Bryan came out to attack Kane just before the main event to pacify the crowd.

Cena vs Orton round 357 was everything you've come to expect from a Cena/Orton match. Orton threw another temper tantrum mid-match because the crowd was kind of bored.

Show ends with Appledough's music playing.

Legit temper tantrum? Woah....

The Shield was always a vehicle to get Reigns over. Now that they think he's "ready" Ambrose hasn't been the one that looks like he leads. The way they have handled Reigns is excellent because a lot of people are convinced he is ready now. They put him with two guys they know can get over (notice how it isn't WWE trained guys, but indie guys they chose to do it). This is even though he doesn't cut promos, wrestles singles matches, and doesn't work much in the tag matches. Reigns gets to finish promos, doesn't take pins or looks weak at any time, and gets all the best offensives spots and gets dominant pins. If either Ambrose or Rollins debuted on their own and got booked half as strong as Reigns has been since the shield debut, they would be headlining wrestlemania in the title match.
Spot on. Rollins and Ambrose are the superior talents.

Raw64life

Hopefully Ambrose and Rollins can break through without being The Shield. Everyone had Ted DiBiase pegged for stardom when Legacy broke up and assumed Cody Rhodes would fall by the wayside and we all know how that turned out.

Hopefully Ambrose and Rollins can break through without being The Shield. Everyone had Ted DiBiase pegged for stardom when Legacy broke up and assumed Cody Rhodes would fall by the wayside and we all know how that turned out.
Let's get one thing straight. I never pegged ated DiBiase for stardom. He was the biggest piece shit that plagued The E for years. I don't know if I have hated a wrestler more than Ted Jr. Brah never fot a crowd reaction except silence. Good thing he is enjoying selling insurance.

Rapstah

Let's get one thing straight. I never pegged ated DiBiase for stardom. He was the biggest piece shit that plagued The E for years. I don't know if I have hated a wrestler more than Ted Jr. Brah never fot a crowd reaction except silence. Good thing he is enjoying selling insurance.

And playing his father on Christian indie promotions.

There are plenty of things you can do with Cena and Orton that keep them around without putting them in the main event championship spotlight. Put them in the Punkverse and keep them busy with people like Brock.

"The main event of Wrestlemania should've been Ricky Steamboat vs. The Dynamite Kid and Hulk Hogan should've been off fighting some random big guy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom