• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

j03w.jpg
How did she put it back together after Laycool snapped it in half?

gurudyne

The crowd would admittedly be red hot for this match, because nobody over the age of 10 would want to see Cena end the streak.

I want to see Cena end the streak by using:

a) a cattle prod and when Taker kicks out at 1, he uses
b) a forklift to pin him, but Taker kicks out at 2, so then he uses
c) a stack of chairs falling onto Taker who is duct taped and handcuffed to a Taker-symbol-shaped cross on the buried alive grave set which is also on fire and Kane is there too for some reason, but Taker kicks out at 2.5, so then Cena uses
d) an STF for the win.

HOWEVER:

The next night, everyone in the company pretends Taker won and the streak's still active. Even when Cena wins the Slammy for MOTY for the Taker match, he'll have lost that match that he gets the award for winning.

It would be like poetry.

I want Cena to break the streak, partly because it'll make so many people mad on the Internet, including in this thread.

I think everyone would just break down into laughter. It'd be too much, Cena becoming the ultimate parody of himself.

Vylash

Cena ending the streak would be the best thing, especially if he wears a "if cena wins we will complain on the internet" shirt when he does it

charsace

A heel needs to end the streak. An up and coming heel. Because if Cena ends it his place with the fans and selling merch will take a sizable blow.

Cagey

Banned
The quote sounds awful because 1) the source has forced divas to give some brain to stay gainfully employed and 2) the quote is toned down for a PG world.

We all know Lita in the WWE wasn't a "lady", she had the bad bitch at the local dive bar who hustled the pool table and would drink most dudes under the table vibe.

I understood what he was getting at just fine.

EDIT: fuck Stroud.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, how does a quote like that even make it through editing? Jesus.

As ham-handed as it was, I understood their intent. She was a tomboy, she was tough. That's what they were getting at. Really poorly done though.

UberTag

Does anyone else think that's where they are going with his gimmick after the blue dot reference at rumble and then this weird promo? I honestly think they are going to do it.
I hope they go ahead with it. Blue Dot Christian would get incredibly over.
It would be the spark needed to get one last run to cap off his incredible career.

Also, I agree that Cena should end the streak but realistically speaking, at this point, it's either going to be Roman Reigns that ends it... or nobody.
You guys saw my post last night, right?

Notable defeats for Roman Reigns since being elevated to the main WWE roster...

- Getting pinned by Jey Uso via frog splash following two Daniel Bryan running knees and a Jimmy Uso superkick in the 11-on-3 gauntlet match on the September 23rd RAW
- Getting pinned by Cody Rhodes on the October 14th RAW to lose the tag titles after eating a KO punch from Big Show while the ref was watching (no DQ stip)
- Getting tossed by Big Dave at the Royal Rumble after eliminating a record-setting 12 opponents

That's it. All of those other Shield losses were by DQ or due to either Ambrose or Rollins getting pinned.

Incidentally, he was never pinned in NXT after adopting the Roman Reigns gimmick, either. You have to go back to his Leakee days in FCW to find pinfall losses to the likes of Kruger, Cesaro and Sandow.

This man will make Cena's Superman run look downright mortal by comparison once The Shield splits up.
They're feeding Reigns all the records. Kane's Rumble record. The Survivor Series elimination record. Even the fabled streak is vulnerable.
Reigns is already being protected more than Cena is.

Don't you usually come into this thread raging against people who want things to happen for fun in wrestling?

I have no problem with "fun" in wrestling, if it's right for business. It's stupid to put every guy the IWC has a crush on for a week over Cena.

Sorry, I've just dealt with the Internet being upset the top guy in a promotion is being treated like a top guy in a promotion for literally, a decade and a half. "Push Dolph Ziggler" is the new "Push the cruiserweights."

If you want fun in wrestling, great. If you want to make dumb business decisions because you don't like a particular wrestler, have fun. You'll fit in with every other two bit indie promoter.

i always imagined strogobo came from some comic book villan or something like that. i know i picked my Gaf name by going to Wikipedia > random page.

and since we're on a Goldberg spear spree:

http://i.minus.com/iZiIbZxFWUlHw.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]
I thought you named yourself after The Lambada, the forbidden dance.

Aiii

So not worth it
As ham-handed as it was, I understood their intent. She was a tomboy, she was tough. That's what they were getting at. Really poorly done though.
That's what I meant.

As far as Stroud goes, those are his values and while he often overdoes it, I know a guy that's so far into the gender equality scene Stroud seems mild in comparison. I mean we're talking flat out denying inherent differences between men and women here, that kind of stuff. Stroud is almost Alpha male in comparison.

jmdajr

I think Ryback should take Goldbergs gimmick head on. The look, mannerisms, outfit, music, and even insist that they call him Goldberg. Almost like a Gilberg mockery, but with him actually hurting folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom