• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Made it all the way to Clinton, OK before tapping out for the day. I blasted right through Tulsa because all the tolls fucking everywhere pissed me off so much that I refused to do anything that would contribute to the area. Why didn't you warn me about the tolls, Sunny? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!

Hung out at the OKC memorial for a bit. What is the big golden dome thing in OKC? I'll probably get to ABQ tomorrow.

Fucking tolls.

It's too expensive to leave here!

strobogo

Banned
It's too expensive to leave here!

I believe it cost me $12 just to get in between Tulsa and OKC. And then $1.50 to pull off to get gas. Tolls for the big city is whatever, but I can't believe that all the exits have tolls. Like exits that go to country roads or towns of 3000 people. Also, your radio stations fucking suck. Fuck Oklahoma. Booner STICK IT, brothers. I'll go through Nevada/Colorado/Kansas on the way back.

I believe it cost me $12 just to get in between Tulsa and OKC. And then $1.50 to pull off to get gas. Tolls for the big city is whatever, but I can't believe that all the exits have tolls. Like exits that go to country roads or towns of 3000 people. Also, your radio stations fucking suck. Fuck Oklahoma. Booner STICK IT, brothers. I'll go through Nevada/Colorado/Kansas on the way back.

Stop by Denver and say hello. We can watch some Young Buck matches.

strobogo

Banned
I pretty sure the way back would go through Denver, but I'll be GOD DAMNED if I'm going to watch some Young Bucks shit. Maybe you could give me lifting tips though. Going on a 6 month bender didn't do me any favors. Oh shit, Main Event is on. I think this is the first time I"ve actually seen it on TV, but the sound is about a second out of sync.

tumblr_n0t6q4OV1s1tsvqzno2_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Our tagline is Oklahoma - Native America. They're native roads.

Raw64life

one of the worst workers i've ever seen and one that makes me think people have been sniffing glue when they say they love him.

horrible wrestler, unsafe, zero personality, short, unimposing hoss.

"but his Twitter!!!" yeah, no one gives a shit.

I don't feel quite that strongly but I pretty much agree. He's almost as overrated as AJ is on here.

strobogo

Banned
It's true. :( I'm sad I don't get to see some STROBelights.

An alternate motto: Oklahoma-Pay at exit

I did say a number of GOD DAMNS in your honor. At tolls and getting turned around a few times in OKC. And not being able to find anywhere to park. That's always so hard for me to adjust to because I'm from a city of 60K and there is no such thing as paying to park in my area. But once I get to any place the size of Indy, I'm always worried I'm going to get a ticket or something. Also, I've found that every city is pretty much the same. America is America pretty much where ever.

UberTag

Kensuke Sasaki has just announced his retirement - he was defeated by his protégé Katsuhiko Nakajima at the Diamond Ring show yesterday, which was the first victory Nakajima scored over his trainer.

Also, new botchamania;

Botchamania 243
That Houston vs. Austin exchange during the PTP vs. Usos match is pretty damned hilarious.
Perfect example of someone going off-script and it leading to a much more entertaining segment as a result.
Would have been completely forgettable otherwise. The crowd, the commentary team and the talent all combined to make that memorable.
Good job to all concerned.

Love the "I Love Lisa" homage at the end.

Where was Aksana fracturing Naomi's eye socket with her knee? Are some things too graphic for Botchamania?

strobogo

Banned
The bulldog thing got me too. Why would he possibly feel the need to tell Randy to kick out from a bulldog? Or of anything since they know what the finish is going to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keoxMb7F02w

Just listened to the whole thing myself, and yea, I'm sure HHH knew they were saying shit about him when they were in TNA but I wonder if HHH ever actually sat down and listened to this whole thing.
A couple of junkies whining about someone not respecting them being junkies (even trying to stage an intervention for them). Not saying some of the other shit isn't true, but their drug use was the root of their beef with Trips. He probably forgave them after they got cleaned up and realized how fucking stupid they were being and apologized.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The bulldog thing got me too. Why would he possibly feel the need to tell Randy to kick out from a bulldog? Or of anything since they know what the finish is going to be.

MAKE SURE YOU KICK OUT FROM MY NOT-FINISHER

Lord.

krae_man

I thought I'd never hear a stupider spot call from Cena after "Do something" during the previous "Cena talks too much" segment, but "kick out" takes the cake.

korly

I was thinking, if the reason they aren't pushing D-Bry is because of low merchandise sales (notwithstanding the fact that his merch is awful) what if we could start a Kickstarter for his push?

bahahahahhaha

Meltzer on the reason behind the Cesaro name change said:
Somebody thought Antonio sounded like the name of a guy who wasn't tough. Seriously. And he's in the main event in two weeks and somebody woke up and thought he had a pussy name so we have to change that.

ugh please get rid of Alex Riley on commentary. It's kinda fun to hear Renee and Regal both completely shut him down anytime he says something dumb (every time he speaks) but damn man

somedevil

From the Observer:

While it’s not a lock, there has been talk seriously of both Kevin Steen and Michael Elgin being invited to a talent evaluation camp. Steen has known about this for some time and the feeling is that if he shows up out of shape, they’ll look down on him a lot. A few years ago, when Takeshi Morishima worked a dark match, and with his flying around at 330 pounds, even though nobody knew him, his match got over pretty big. WWE, however, including Vince McMahon, felt it almost as a sign of disrespect that a guy would come to get a WWE tryout in the shape he was in. Those who have been at camps and noted that they start off testing conditioning making you do stuff designed to blow you up to see who can gut it out the longest, with the idea they can tell from that who wants it the most, feel Steen will need a miracle to get through that aspect of the process. I’ve also had guys question that process, noting that a lot of guys on the main roster, if they were put through that, could never pass it either and some have been solid money drawing stars. WCW did that to Dave Bautista before he ever signed with WWE, and he became one of the biggest stars of the last decade.

Steen in the WWE? That would be insane and what are the odds him actually showing up in shape for the tryout?

UberTag

Would love to see more Canadians get a chance to make it big in the WWE now that Vince has decided to disrespect Christian with a blue dot gimmick and Santino is making sequels to terrible 18-year-old Sinbad movies with Larry the Cable Guy.

We need some credibility insurance because you know Vince isn't going to give Sami Zayn a fair shake even if he gets over huge due to being a scrawny frenchman who doesn't have "the look" of a champion. At least if he still had his mask he could move merchandise... but he doesn't. Instead he'll take over the Ziggles role after Ziggles finally leaves.

I also like the idea of Steen and Elgin trying out together because it gives Elgin the opportunity to look good by comparison if he shows up in shape and passes the tryout and Steen doesn't.

Made it all the way to Clinton, OK before tapping out for the day. I blasted right through Tulsa because all the tolls fucking everywhere pissed me off so much that I refused to do anything that would contribute to the area. Why didn't you warn me about the tolls, Sunny? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!

Hung out at the OKC memorial for a bit. What is the big golden dome thing in OKC? I'll probably get to ABQ tomorrow.

Fucking tolls.
You're 17 miles west of Weatherford where I grew up.

The gold some was some historical landmark for architecture and is now an Asian cultural center with some businesses inside. The milk bottle shack across the street has awesome Vietnamese sandwhiches.

In Albuquerque I highly recommend http://montevistafirestation.com/ for dinner. Their tacos and nachos with need are phenomenal.

gurudyne

From the Observer:

So much of what I read about WWE's backstage policies makes them sound like the ultimate marks for management books from the 90's. "Without warning, toss a baseball to the interviewee--if he catches it, he's a hands-on problem solver, but if he dodges it, he's likely to shirk responsibilities!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom