• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Dean Ambrose got with the program

Jon_moxley_4.jpg

tumblr_n0vav5DzGw1qevcs2o1_400.gif

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn y'all are acting weird about the whole first name drop for Antonio. It doesn't matter. And "Tony Cease" is a funny ass name.

In other news, Renee Young photoshoot today!
tZrfBNM.jpg

I'm KIDDING

Lambda Piscium said:
what a fuckin match, one of the finest shoot styles matches i've ever seen, amazing, i can't recommend this match enough, especially if you're new to shoot-style.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Great review man, I don't think I've watched this particular Yamazaki/Takada match, but they've had a ton of great encounters over the years. Check out their match from '84 if you haven't seen it before, it's a different sort of beast, being in the old UWF and all, but it's real fun and the crowd are crazy throughout. Meltzer gave it five stars, if I remember rightly. Incidentally, Yamazaki's occasionally on commentary for New Japan PPVs and is one of the trainers at their dojo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what goddamn event is everyone excited for next? What's your next event you're watching or attending, and why are you excited?

WWE NETWORK FOR ME. Because I want to see what the fuck they do.

jmdajr

Got tix to Wrestlemnia 30 and Hall of fame. Will be there with my best friend. Good times will be had.

EC. Yeah, I'm excited to see what they finally decide to do.

NETWORK? Yup. So much shit I want to see. I don't know where to begin.

Aiii

So not worth it
Very excited for EC, mainly because of Wyatts vs. Shield and the Chamber itself, because that's gonna be a fun match with these guys.

Not trying to get too excited for The Network just yet with the region locks etc, hopefully I can get it quickly after launch though.

Xater

So what goddamn event is everyone excited for next? What's your next event you're watching or attending, and why are you excited?

Going to wXw 16 Carat Gold in March. Kushida will be there and so will Chris Hero. I am excited for that.

Vince McMahon said:

Well, probably the New Japan anniversary show next month - Ibushi vs Okada! Also, the New Japan Cup kicks off on the 15th, plus I'm going to Revolution Pro's High Stakes that day, with Ric Flair, The Young Bucks (or not, since Matt's hand got broke), Ricochet, Sonjay Dutt, Colt Cabana, etc.

I'm easily the most excited for the PROGRESS 2nd Anniversary Show at the end of March, though - I got front row tickets for this one and it's the promotions first show inside a larger venue (more than double the capacity of their usual home), plus, the card is already looking awesome; Mastiff vs Williams, Tommy End vs El Ligero, Bhangra Knights vs London Riots in a street fight, plus a 3-way tag match to crown the first tag champions that should be suitably insane and, undoubtedly, Jimmy Havoc being an utter cunt and some point or another.

The WWE Network isn't much of a draw for me at this point - I've got a lot of stuff to watch already and I doubt there'll be much in the way of really old school content to start with. I've still got a ton of Mid-South to watch, about half left of the best Japanese matches of the 80's collection and a NWA Title in Japan comp I haven't started on yet.

Great review man, I don't think I've watched this particular Yamazaki/Takada match, but they've had a ton of great encounters over the years. Check out their match from '84 if you haven't seen it before, it's a different sort of beast, being in the old UWF and all, but it's real fun and the crowd are crazy throughout. Meltzer gave it five stars, if I remember rightly. Incidentally, Yamazaki's occasionally on commentary for New Japan PPVs and is one of the trainers at their dojo.

thanks. i got something rare to review next:

Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Yuki Kondo - U-SPIRITS 2013
Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Minoru Suzuki - U-SPIRITS 2011

fantastic matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, probably the New Japan anniversary show next month - Ibushi vs Okada! Also, the New Japan Cup kicks off on the 15th, plus I'm going to Revolution Pro's High Stakes that day, with Ric Flair, The Young Bucks (or not, since Matt's hand got broke), Ricochet, Sonjay Dutt, Colt Cabana, etc.

I'm easily the most excited for the PROGRESS 2nd Anniversary Show at the end of March, though - I got front row tickets for this one and it's the promotions first show inside a larger venue (more than double the capacity of their usual home), plus, the card is already looking awesome; Mastiff vs Williams, Tommy End vs El Ligero, Bhangra Knights vs London Riots in a street fight, plus a 3-way tag match to crown the first tag champions that should be suitably insane and, undoubtedly, Jimmy Havoc being an utter cunt and some point or another.

The WWE Network isn't much of a draw for me at this point - I've got a lot of stuff to watch already and I doubt there'll be much in the way of really old school content to start with. I've still got a ton of Mid-South to watch, about half left of the best Japanese matches of the 80's collection and a NWA Title in Japan comp I haven't started on yet.

Ibushi vs Okada last year after the G1 was a lot of stupid fun, I really enjoy seeing those two go at it. It's weird, sometimes I look at Okada's face and I see a child with some of his expressions. Is it just me? It's weird.

I'd really like to see some of these Progress shows but I hate physical media. They offer download codes, which is dope - but do they take international orders?

Vince McMahon said:
I'd really like to see some of these Progress shows but I hate physical media. They offer download codes, which is dope - but do they take international orders?

Yep, I'm pretty sure they accept international orders on their download store;

http://store.payloadz.com/results/results.aspx?m=237649

It's a super quick service, you get the download link immediately after paying and the download speed is good.

I'd recommend Chapter 9 or Chapter 10, both were really fun shows.

It's weird, sometimes I look at Okada's face and I see a child with some of his expressions. Is it just me? It's weird.

He does have quite a baby face (pun not intended), but I think it adds to that sort of smug, rich boy indifference that's become his character.

somedevil

Some TNA news:

Regarding talk of Vince Russo working with TNA again, it was noted recently that Russo was CC'd on some creative e-mails and may have been been doing some consulting work. Many staffers and wrestlers denied that Russo has had any involvement but word now is that he has been in contact with at least a few people within TNA.

People close to Russo note that he has been following the product again and they believe that is something he would never do under normal circumstances. The key to the story is that when a rep from Japan's Wrestle-1 promotion asked a TNA official directly if Russo was involved or coming back, they did not get an answer. As noted, Wrestle-1 does not want a relationship with TNA if Russo is involved.

Russo's name was discussed at last weekend's TNA live events but only because the story was going around, nothing internal. Both Bully Ray and Abyss, who are pretty much office workers and talent, said to the wrestlers that if Russo is involved, they know nothing about it.

Dixie can't give him up. Its hilarious that they deny it but can't say that to Muta's face.

RBH

The key to the story is that when a rep from Japan's Wrestle-1 promotion asked a TNA official directly if Russo was involved or coming back, they did not get an answer. As noted, Wrestle-1 does not want a relationship with TNA if Russo is involved.
hahahaha

Raw64life

Dixie must be having an affair with Vince Russo or something. Boggles my mind that they just can't seem to keep him away from the writer's room despite being so unequivocally terrible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
John cena future guest on the SAS

Should be really good. Cena's not afraid to shoot. I remember them Howard Stern days. Goddamn, funny dude too. I can't wait for that. Zeb should be a lot of fun too.

Batigol

Banned
Big E is ridiculous. All he does is run into people and can't do that right. I don't even understand why he still has that belt...hell, I don't know why he had to begin with. His biggest feud since the title was with Curtis Axel and he hasn't done anything since.

He's legitimately dangerous in the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom