• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jred2k

My best friend owns a Wii-U and I was legit shook when I checked out the Wii-U Virtual Console and saw barely fucking anything there. And then I found out to play Wii VC games on there you have to go and boot up the Wii menu through the Wii-VC.

That's like having to boot up Windows 7 on a Windows 8 machine to run fucking calculator.

It's a potentially great system held back by the fact that it's really half-assed in a few ways. I still want to buy one myself, especially now that I have a real next gen system PS4 to compliment it.

And all of this comes before you potentially start a game and see a screen telling you you need to plug in a classic controller to play it. That happened to me with LttP. I got it with Club Nintendo points so it wasn't that much of a loss, but its still extremely shitty.

How does this Cesaro/Zayn match work at NXT? Cesaro has to accept the match because Triple H wants to see it? Isn't it implied there's always a behind-the-scenes contract signing for every booked match? It's not like they implied Cesaro's fired if he doesn't sign the contract or just doesn't show up.

I think the idea is that people that actively follow NXT really don't care about shit like this. We just want to see good matches. Its easier if you just think of the wrestlers as robots and if they don't do as their told HHH hits the big, red self-destruct button.

this is pretty chill stuff, ngl
But who will act like the lights are too bright and point to the crowd?
jCOlOteVe0Q3b.png

Was it already mentioned that Steen and Elgin might have been invited to a WWE training camp. Steen also posted a picture of dumb bells the other day, but that might be a coincidence.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was it already mentioned that Steen and Elgin might have been invited to a WWE training camp. Steen also posted a picture of dumb bells the other day, but that might be a coincidence.

DBs make you big not small. Steen's doing it wrong!

Nah real talk, Steen would be a lot of fun in WWE, but I don't see it happening.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't blame Vince anymore, folks. He's not doing anything wrong. He's the one you should be behind, not Trapple Ache.

Yeah I'd be surprised if Steen got signed. They know what he looks like though... I figure if the Wolves didn't get signed they're not going to waste their time with indie tryouts unless they think there's potential.

Besides I would have never though Generico would be signed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Steen's almost 30. He's got a lot left in the tank, would be a good pickup if utilized properly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm itchin to watch some indie wrasslin. Hey bigtime indie fans, would you add some stuff to WrassleGAF TV? I'll be watching when I get home, so do it up!

http://taima.tv/r/wrasslegaf

American, British, just feed me some indie work. Even if it is Young Backs matches.

jmdajr

It's being reported that when Kurt Angle recently injured his knee, likely from a moonsault spot, it was revealed during medical exams that he actually has no ACL, and has been working without one for quite sometime.

It's being said that while the injury is not very common, Chris Jericho has worked without an ACL since 2008 and reportedly hasn't held him back in anyway.

what

I'd like to see Steen get signed, as he's one of the best brawler types in wrestling today - the WWE style isn't at all 'hardcore' nowadays, but Steen is a guy who's excellent at making just plain old, regular brawling look great. He's expressive, his offence looks impactful, he has a real sense of chaos to his persona and he cuts an excellent promo. A lot of people might not see the need for him with Bray around, but he's far more versatile, I think.

One issue of note, though - how much of his move-set would get through WWE developmental?

Package Piledriver? Probably gone.
Steenalizer? No fucking way.
F-Cinq? Brock's move? Lol, nope.
Apron Powerbomb? Lol.
Steen Breaker? Also Lol.
Sidewinder Suplex? No chance.
Sharpshooter? Only if Bret hands it down, I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to see Steen get signed, as he's one of the best brawler types in wrestling today - the WWE style isn't at all 'hardcore' nowadays, but Steen is a guy who's excellent at making just plain old, regular brawling look great. He's expressive, his offence looks impactful, he has a real sense of chaos to his persona and he cuts an excellent promo. A lot of people might not see the need for him with Bray around, but he's far more versatile, I think.

One issue of note, though - how much of his move-set would get through WWE developmental?

Apron Powerbomb? Lol.
Steen Breaker? Also Lol.

Yeah,. his moveset would be EXTREMELY neutered, but he still has a bite to the more traditional moveset that would still hold a lot of value.

charsace

Apron Powerbomb? Lol.
Steen Breaker? Also Lol.

His height would keep him from playing a power house type of ass kicker which is what he's great at. He's shorter than every Shield member and maybe even Cena too.

jmdajr

Unrelated.

Was at Hallmark just a little while ago and wanted to kill myself. It was funny. The women were just as unhappy as the men to be there in that mosh pit if not more so,.

"Just pick a card already!!!!"

This actually happened?
1900045_744361368908252_1064727018_n.png

Pictured is BG James/Road Dogg and Kip James/Billy Gunn dressing up as Team 3D/Dudley Boyz in TNA.

Billy... what the fuck bro

Kaladin

This actually happened?

Pictured is BG James/Road Dogg and Kip James/Billy Gunn dressing up as Team 3D/Dudley Boyz in TNA.

Oh you didn't know?

Anything that happened in TNA is not cannon in wrestling history.....so no this didn't happen.

Also, that's actually worse than the Hart Foundation vs DX vs Nation of Domination feud.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This actually happened?

What the Fuck?

Also, I guess the New Age Outlaws were split/gone when E&C/Hardyz/Dudleyz kinda took off and never had any matches eh?

tm24

3D World has fucking instant load times. Plus it looks a shit load more impressive than DKC.

I guess we can thank the wizards at EAD for that.

3D World is also a much smaller game file size. And doesn't look anywhere near impressive as DKC. Have you seen that Savannah level? Shit is crazy

WRESTLE-1 announced some of the stuff for their big OUTBREAK show at Ryogoku Kokugikan on March 2nd;

. TNA X-Division Title: Austin Aries (c) vs winner of battle royale (Seiya Sanada, Hiroshi Yamato, Ryota Hama, Andy Wu, Kazushi Miyamoto, Daiki Inaba)
. TNA World Tag Titles: Robbie E & Jesse (c) vs winner of Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo vs Masayuki Kono & Ryouji Sai
. TNA World Heavyweight Title: Magnus (c) vs winner of one-night tournament (Masakatsu Funaki, Yasufumi Nakanoue, KAI, Minoru Tanaka)

Please let Hama win. Austin Aries vs Ryota Hama. X-Division Champion Ryota Hama. Oh yes.

iZQlN6HuhR3ix.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom