• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

At least the commentators at NXT call Arrival a "live special" and not a "pay-per-view" like JBL did. The logo looks pretty nice too.

Kaladin

At least the commentators at NXT call Arrival a "live special" and not a "pay-per-view" like JBL did. The logo looks pretty nice too.

Pay Per View Bonuses are now Live Special Bonuses with superstars appearing on the Live Specials getting a Bonus Per Live Viewer and a smaller Bonus Per On Demand Viewer

BOOM PPV Bonuses solved.

That was so difficult.

Aiii

So not worth it

JBL knows shit, he's just there to be shit on the mic, parrot Vince, yell and argue with MAGGLE and collect his paycheck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting ready for the KO knee
CzPqzjf.gif

Rapstah

I notice they stopped playing music in the background of Aiden English's ring entrance. Was that always added in post-production? It would always be perfectly on pitch with him but more like it was staying 100% in pitch with him and not the other way around, which obviously would be impossible with recorded music.

Earlier I came across some Sin Cara kids notebook complete with Sin Cara themed pencil and "3D" glasses that somehow works with said notebook, automatically I assume that the pencil lead perpetually breaks and the glasses allow you to see everything in mood lighting vision.

DMczaf

Nintendo needs to just cut their losses and ditch the Wii U at this point. There is no savior anymore. It's fucking dead. Move on to the next one already.

Sephzilla

Nintendo needs to just cut their losses and ditch the Wii U at this point. There is no savior anymore. It's fucking dead. Move on to the next one already.

I think the Wii-U is actually salvageable, but it requires Nintendo getting with the 21st century a bit more.

Rapstah

Why is Alexander Rusev's Titantron just still images of him transposed over the 1930s Japanese flag? Even if Rumble footage is too little for them to cut together something from (they've done it with less), he's been squashing main roster guys in dark matches for months now, and they've taped dark matches for the purpose of Titantron video creation before.

Sephzilla

If they want to get into the 21st century, stop using 20th century architecture.

I'd say they just need to ditch the gimmicks and go back to using normal people controllers. Use an account system like the rest of the world (which they're doing). Stop taking so long to release virtual console titles. Make virtual console purchases multi-platform. Stop making consoles that are technologically laughably inferior to competition. They don't need to be 1:1 competitors to the PS4 or XB1, but they also can't be a full gen behind tech wise.

Bam, I've just saved Nintendo.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like the Wii U, but the thing just has too many flaws. It's lacking basic features, even silly things like achievements, it's underpowered and the remote play feature is fun, but doesn't even have enough range to reach beyond my living room. It's time for that hybrid handheld/home console.

jred2k

I'd say they just need to ditch the gimmicks and go back to using normal people controllers. Use an account system like the rest of the world (which they're doing). Stop taking so long to release virtual console titles. Make virtual console purchases multi-platform. Stop making consoles that are technologically laughably inferior to competition. They don't need to be 1:1 competitors to the PS4 or XB1, but they also can't be a full gen behind tech wise.

Bam, I've just saved Nintendo.

This is the gaming version of that WWE.com WM30 card. Its laughable that a company that basically exists solely on nostalgia is so shitty at the Virtual Console.

DMczaf

I like the games on my Wii U, I do not like the Wii U console. Everything about it is just slow. It's so damn sad I can click on App Store on my phone and it loads up right away, but I open eShop on my Wii U and it takes WAY more time than it possibly should to load up what is essentially a web browser.

And then hearing about the 30 second loading times per level in DKC...come on Nintendo. Come on.

Sephzilla

This is the gaming version of that WWE.com WM30 card. Its laughable that a company that basically exists solely on nostalgia is so shitty at the Virtual Console.

My best friend owns a Wii-U and I was legit shook when I checked out the Wii-U Virtual Console and saw barely fucking anything there. And then I found out to play Wii VC games on there you have to go and boot up the Wii menu through the Wii-VC.

That's like having to boot up Windows 7 on a Windows 8 machine to run fucking calculator.

It's a potentially great system held back by the fact that it's really half-assed in a few ways. I still want to buy one myself, especially now that I have a real next gen system PS4 to compliment it.

I like the games on my Wii U, I do not like the Wii U console. Everything about it is just slow. It's so damn sad I can click on App Store on my phone and it loads up right away, but I open eShop on my Wii U and it takes WAY more time than it possibly should to load up what is essentially a web browser.

And then hearing about the 30 second loading times per level in DKC...come on Nintendo. Come on.

3D World has fucking instant load times. Plus it looks a shit load more impressive than DKC.

I guess we can thank the wizards at EAD for that.

Rapstah

How does this Cesaro/Zayn match work at NXT? Cesaro has to accept the match because Triple H wants to see it? Isn't it implied there's always a behind-the-scenes contract signing for every booked match? It's not like they implied Cesaro's fired if he doesn't sign the contract or just doesn't show up.

DMczaf

Wasn't that debunked by someone with the game? Apparently more like 11-15 seconds?

Was it? Well that's good. I want it.

Still, hate the console, love the games. Especially hate the slow OS/UI. We'll see what the firmware update later this year does for that.

Sephzilla

Just like Rayman Legends

Nintendo was the only publisher for the game in Japan. That's why Rayman Legends is still Wii-U exclusive in Japan. Nintendo is the sole publisher for Bayonetta 2 internationally. That game is going no where since Sega doesn't want to foot the bill anymore.

somedevil

Just like Rayman Legends

That's different. Legends was an exclusive. Bayonetta Nintendo was given publishing rights so there is no chance of a port unless Nintendo says so. Everyone forgets if Nintendo didn't revive it the series was basically buried never to been seen again.

Also Sorry Christian fans:

There is a lot of talk within WWE that Christian isn't expected to stick around once his current contract expires. At age 40, there's a feeling that WWE creative isn't going to do anything significant with Christian and he's just "playing out the string."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom