• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Is the Bad News Lawler gif as funny for you as it is for me?

This gif tells a story about a dork who thinks he is one-uping you. But he's not. He's telling a zinger, and instead of being embarrassed you make Barrett's "huh?" face.

"I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU! HOPEFULLY, NEXT WEEK, YOU WON'T BE AROUND!"

I facepalmed just as hard now as I did when hearing the first time. It just doesn't lose power.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

This gif tells a story about a dork who thinks he is one-uping you. But he's not. He's telling a zinger, and instead of being embarrassed you make Barrett's "huh?" face.
I just love how King was so sure, must've been thinking "yep, nailed it!"

Aiii

So not worth it
Titanfall is that game that comes out for that system that's never coming out in the rest of the world, right?

I'll keep playing Persona 3 FES, if you don't mind.

krae_man

Nope, I much prefer it when Maffew includes clips from all over the world of wrestling - the WWE ones are either so current everyone instantly recalls them, or stuff like 'Everyone talks too much' which I'm not much of a fan of.

That being said, whenever he focuses on an old PPV, or chucks in clips from indie or Japanese wrestling, the comments are always full of WWE fans complaining. ESPECIALLY if he includes any CZW, which makes no sense to me - CZW is like the holy grail of botching.

Yeah but what about Cena talks too much? His spot calling is absolutely hilarious.

"Kick Out"

"Do something"

TNA is great

tumblr_n108q4zOov1ruwc07o1_400.gif

Alucard

Banned
ROH has been secretly good. you can watch it for free on their website

adam cole is the truth and the briscoes are awesome

ROH has been great since Final Battle 2013. Every TV episode in 2014 has been well worth watching. And it's not a big time commitment at around 50 minutes on their website. Very good stuff all around.

<3 The Decade.

Mr. Sam

Nope, I much prefer it when Maffew includes clips from all over the world of wrestling - the WWE ones are either so current everyone instantly recalls them, or stuff like 'Everyone talks too much' which I'm not much of a fan of.

That being said, whenever he focuses on an old PPV, or chucks in clips from indie or Japanese wrestling, the comments are always full of WWE fans complaining. ESPECIALLY if he includes any CZW, which makes no sense to me - CZW is like the holy grail of botching.

Indie wrestlers, such as those in CZW, are supposed to botch, they're going to botch. It'd be like watching a series of videos showing how McDonald's workers aren't actually culinary geniuses if it was all CZW wrestlers botching. It's unremarkable.

Aiii

So not worth it
EA is the WWE of video games Aiii. I thought you liked WWE.

Not really though, say what you will about WWE, but they do plenty of sales.

Hell, they're now even given you PPV's for 9,99 a month including a shitload of on demand stuff to go with it and new content.

If EA made the WWE network you'd pay 60 bucks for Legends House and it wouldn't even stream 5 seconds without having to buffer.

gurudyne

Pretty much what kept me from checking those years out. That reputation of same old shit for such an extended period.

If I recall correctly, that's not the correct order. Barrett made the face first (in response to King having the audacity/lack of decorum to interrupt him) then King hit The Zinger and Barrett actually tried to sell it (not shown).

The .gif is thus truer to life than reality.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why is Origin bad?

If it was a competitor to Steam, offering the same games but competing with them on prices, that would be fine.

But as it is now it seems to me it's just a way for EA to have a Steam and not have to discount old games because there's no competition for them anyway. Besides, I bought Sim City and Origin pretty much ruined the whole experience of that game, so there's that.

But I'll be honest that I wasn't that interested in Titanfall to begin with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only fats fear Origin. Why would anyone oppose multiple stores? Yknow you can buy all your shit in one place at Wal-Mart too, don't stan for them ya fats.

Aiii

So not worth it
Only fats fear Origin. Why would anyone oppose multiple stores? Yknow you can buy all your shit in one place at Wal-Mart too, don't stan for them ya fats.

Oh, but that's the thing, it's not like they're competing.

EA controls their games and Steam has its library, no overlap, no competition.

DMczaf

If it was a competitor to Steam, offering the same games but competing with them on prices, that would be fine.

But as it is now it seems to me it's just a way for EA to have a Steam and not have to discount old games because there's no competition for them anyway. Besides, I bought Sim City and Origin pretty much ruined the whole experience of that game, so there's that.

But I'll be honest that I wasn't that interested in Titanfall to begin with.

Huh? Origin always has sales. I see 75% off sales every week it seems.

Honestly, I've never had a problem with Origin. And I love how they built streaming tools into Origin now, hoping Valve follows suit one day.

uPlay, now THAT'S a shitty program.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not really though, say what you will about WWE, but they do plenty of sales.

Hell, they're now even given you PPV's for 9,99 a month including a shitload of on demand stuff to go with it and new content.

If EA made the WWE network you'd pay 60 bucks for Legends House and it wouldn't even stream 5 seconds without having to buffer.

EA stuff goes on sale all the time. They gave Dead Space 3 away for free. They put NFS up for like 30 cents for a week

styl3s

Why is Origin bad?
It's not Steam.

Origin was bad when it launched but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it now, people are just upset because it's EA. Not 1-2 weeks ago the gaming section was like Titanfall on origin? EWW and now everyone is begging for PC keys.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's nothing wrong with mistrusting EA. at least not if you've been a gamer for any considerable amount of time.

Sokantish

Yeah EA's just out to make money, you can't trust those kinds of people. Valve on the other hand, they're just looking out for gamers like us!

What are y'all doin on this romantic day of days?
catching up on television shows obvi

actually no i forgot i'm chilling with a ladyfriend but it's not a thing or anything

yes. i love every part of it.

DMczaf

There's nothing wrong with mistrusting EA. at least not if you've been a gamer for any considerable amount of time.

I get that, but I just hate the "IS IT STEAM!? IS IT STEAM? ITS NOT STEAM? FUCK THAT GAME!" horde that dominates PC gaming on GAF.

My usage is:

75% Steam

20% GOG

5% Origin

Aiii

So not worth it
I get that, but I just hate the "IS IT STEAM!? IS IT STEAM? ITS NOT STEAM? FUCK THAT GAME!" horde that dominates PC gaming on GAF.

My usage is:

75% Steam

20% GOG

5% Origin
Don't visit gaming side, stay off topic, it's what's the happy people are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because you have to run a program to just run a game you bought! How dumb is that! Unless it's steam then its cool

Groupthink always slays Aiii. He just got rid of his iOS bullshit, let's see if we can get him out of this rut with close boundaries. Liberate yo mind, Aiii.

Aiii

So not worth it
Groupthink always slays Aiii. He just got rid of his iOS bullshit, let's see if we can get him out of this rut with close boundaries. Liberate yo mind, Aiii.
I use Origin, doesn't mean I'm a fan. Also, very disappointed at the new Dungeon Keeper. Might have cried a little. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom