• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
FWB relationships are blacklisted from Valentine's Day. Don't even consider them today. Any other day during the year is fair game. Birthdays, Christmas, they're all good.

But not Valentine's Day.
I know that know. She's normally pretty grounded and cool but she is off the deepend right now. What is it about this dumb, fake holiday? I kind of just want to dip and suffer whatever consiquences will follow.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I know that know. She's normally pretty grounded and cool but she is off the deepend right now. What is it about this dumb, fake holiday? I kind of just want to dip and suffer whatever consiquences will follow.

She'll come back. FWB always do when they lack attention.

Pavaloo

What the hell is Christian saying during his enterence
He's been building such an epic story with his promos on the way to the ring thinking that his mic was on. FOR YEARS
Whoever said not to mix FWB and valentines day was right.

You were right

Wish I was here to tell you, god damn lol.

Watching Sezzy vs Orton now. Two of me favourites!

When Orton was facing US Champ Zaro I really loved their back and forth european uppercuts. Could see it in the match that Randy liked the guy.

edit: Wow Orton making Cesaro look like a million fucking bucks

Wrassle shirt mafia represent!

2017177.gif

Deal with it dammit

ibiuLbuqn4RgNI.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It still gets me to this day that Joe turns down the Umaga gimmick in the WWE to do almost the same character, albeit a bit less racist, in TNA.

Kard8p3

Just imagine if Cesaro vs Orton was the main event of raw. The crowd on Raw was crazy for Cesaro so they probably would've blown the roof off the place. It was really a great match and the ending put a smile on my face.

UberTag

Just imagine if Cesaro vs Orton was the main event of raw. The crowd on Raw was crazy for Cesaro so they probably would've blown the roof off the place. It was really a great match and the ending put a smile on my face.
Looking forward to catching this match on YouTube.
I should probably check out D.Brine vs. Cesaro from last week while I'm at it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It still gets me to this day that Joe turns down the Umaga gimmick in the WWE to do almost the same character, albeit a bit less racist, in TNA.

"At least Joe will always be a top guy in TNA. Punk will never be anything more than a midcarder in WWE." - Thing someone actually said.

strobogo

Banned
Umaga was like 4 inches taller than Joe and looked like a monster instead of a fat dude. Joe wouldn't have had the push Umaga got because he didn't fit that part in WWE like he does in TNA.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When are we able to purchase our "WrassleGAF - Legit Shook" T-Shirts featuring Zandig?
Everyone attending WrestleMania XXX is going to wear them in the crowd, right?
Wouldn't that be far, far worse than wearing a wrestling t-shirt in public?

Vylash

Oh man, I can't wait to watch the full match in the near future. The psychology of Orton popping up right after the corner power bomb and right after the uppercut was a little strange, but I really liked how Cole sold the magnitude of what Cesaro had just done. I don't praise Cole much at all, but have to give him props for that end of match call.

I love how they're putting everyone over except Christian

UberTag

I love how they're putting everyone over except Christian
I doubt very much that Christian wrestles in the Chamber match even if he's still listed on the card for the match the night of the PPV.
Seems far more likely he gets laid out and replaced with: A) Corporate Kane, B) Mr. H's or C) Bork Laser.

Oh man, I can't wait to watch the full match in the near future. The psychology of Orton popping up right after the corner power bomb and right after the uppercut was a little strange, but I really liked how Cole sold the magnitude of what Cesaro had just done. I don't praise Cole much at all, but have to give him props for that end of match call.
Cole's perfectly fine when he calls the match in front of him. It's just a shame that's not deemed a priority for him 99% of the time.

UberTag

Can't wait for her to beat AJ at Wrestlemania. Will be glorious.
I hope she does it while botching no less than 3 moves, failing to run the ropes and with a roll-up pin.
Also, Lita must be in her corner and raise her arm in victory afterwards ala Dwayne-Cena.

The highlight of the entire sham will be the temper tantrum that AJ throws in the middle of the ring.

Need some recommendations for some good wrestling related books.

I just read Bret Hart's book and it was fantastic. Any other ones that you guys would recommend?

strobogo

Banned
I forgot to mention that I saw Lou Thesz carved into a mountain today. I took a picture, but the photo just game out all white. Weirdest thing.

gurudyne

Cole's perfectly fine when he calls the match in front of him. It's just a shame that's not deemed a priority for him 99% of the time.

Well, he's fine when he actually does his job and he's not bored. When he lets his mind wander, and it happens more frequently than it should, he can be almost as bad as McMahon-mouthpiece-Cole. "And Orton catches him in...that move! And the..the...1, 2, he kicked out!"

The highlight of the entire sham will be the temper tantrum that AJ throws in the middle of the ring.

With the talent they have right now and the way they've been built, there really is no more entertaining option for them. Unless Eva Marie botches so hard she knocks herself out and AJ has to job to someone in a match that ends up being the wrestling homage to Weekend at Bernie's.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Umaga was like 4 inches taller than Joe and looked like a monster instead of a fat dude. Joe wouldn't have had the push Umaga got because he didn't fit that part in WWE like he does in TNA.

Joe was in decent shape back then but you might be right about the height thing. Still all I've ever heard of it was they offered him the role first.

So a few weeks back I downloaded the entire back catalog of Review an Impact on my smartphone that I use as a GPS/bluetooth mp3 player because it can be hilarious listening to the oral history of TNA and then something odd happened.

Before last fall I had only seen maybe ten episodes of TNA total. I only started watching this fall because every week I'd turn in the Red Sox would win their game and everytime I'd forget they'd be pounded, so I thought, meh, this is a good enough commercial break show (also worked for Thursday Night Football, a much more boring product than either) so before 2013 I had seen at most 6 or 7 episodes of Impact. Anyways I had Review an Impact on shuffle and for the last five shows in a row have all been Impacts that I have seen either all of or most of and none of them from 2013. Spooky.

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on WWE a bit. Watching LAST week's Raw right now.

Are the New Age Outlaws supposed to be heels? Why the hell are they playing to the crowd with their intro schtick? Makes no sense.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Catching up on WWE a bit. Watching LAST week's Raw right now.

Are the New Age Outlaws supposed to be heels? Why the hell are they playing to the crowd with their intro schtick? Makes no sense.
Why are people mad at this? They've always done that. Hell, they started doing it as heels, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom