• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Good stuff on Smackdown tonight.

ibr3EuSP2UDrYZ.gif

Pavaloo

Someone needs to gif the post swing dizzy Orton + athletic Sezzy flip into powerslam sequence. Was awesome. Cesaro continues to impress more and more each match (seriously, like since his debut), but Orton really made him look freaking good. I can't wait until Cesaro is a Main-Event-Playah'

DMczaf

Tonight's match from Orton really impressed me. He legit put Cesaro over on a SMACKDOWN match, with a really high quality match.

Orton earned some DM points tonight. Good Stuff.

Toki767

Someone needs to gif the post swing dizzy Orton + athletic Sezzy flip into powerslam sequence. Was awesome. Cesaro looked continues to impress more and more each match (seriously, like since his debut), but Orton really made him look freaking good. I can't wait until Cesaro is a Main-Event-Playah'

ib0h1lQeisXoi1.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Orton put over Cesaro in that match way better than a guy like Punk who's always worried about 'his spot' ever would.

That was like Taker vs Hardy levels of putting a guy over.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SoulPlaya, give me a top ten or top twenty Kane PPV matches for the Network if you would be so kind!
Only PPVs is tough, as a lot of Kane's best matches were on TV. Here are some of my favorites, though. Singles matches, only. No particular order.

vs. Taker WM 14
vs. Taker, Inferno match, Unforgiven 1998
vs. HBK, Unforgiven 2004
vs. HHH, Chain Match, Judgment Day 2001
vs. Stone Cold, King of the Ring, 1998
vs. Benoit, Bad Blood, 2004
vs. Booker T, No Way Out, 2007
vs. Jericho, Last Man Standing, Armageddon, 2000
vs. Mysterio, Summerslam 2010
vs. Angle, WM 18
vs. RVD, SummerSlam 2003
vs. Jericho, Survivor Series 2000
vs. Bryan, SummerSlam 2012

Some others. Kane vs. Raven vs. Big Show at WM 17 (really fun match), Kane vs Shane at Unforgiven 2003 and Survivor Series 2003. Kane vs Taker at Night of Champions 2010 is also a really good brawl, and it was the best match of that feud (before Taker's shoulder just gave out).

Catching up on WWE a bit. Watching LAST week's Raw right now.

Are the New Age Outlaws supposed to be heels? Why the hell are they playing to the crowd with their intro schtick? Makes no sense.
To be fair this is exactly how they played it back during the attitude era during the DX heel run.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
"don't i get a box chocolates?" hahahaha just pick up your shit and beat it.

did you rock the boat, Spider?
She finally fell asleep, maybe if I whisper "therapy" in her ear for a while, it will subconsciously take hold. I'm laying in bed watching House of Cards on my fuckin phone. I don't want to just be a dickhead and leave. She would probably get over it but one of her roommates is up and about and that would be a weird convo at 2:40 am. Maybe I could smang the roomie?

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Orton vs Cesaro match might be my second favorite moty after Ishii/Naito after watching it.

Though we all know Shibata/Okada will be MOTY

Anth0ny

Still can't believe Cesaro went over Orton.

It won't mean anything, because Orton is still winning Chamber, facing Batista at Mania, and Cesaro probably won't be on the Mania card at all, but a good match/finish nonetheless.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Still can't believe Cesaro went over Orton.

It won't mean anything, because Orton is still winning Chamber, facing Batista at Mania, and Cesaro probably won't be on the Mania card at all, but a good match/finish nonetheless.
Doesn't surprise me. Orton has no problem putting people over. Clean, too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm gonna post it now and see how it goes a month in. I won't be watching Raw or the PPVs, so you'll just have to confirm it for me as I go. As someone who hasn't regularly watched the product in over a year now outside of a spare match or two.

John Cena will win the title at Elimination Chamber
John Cena will come out on Raw and talk about his hard fought match and how his eyes are set on Wrestlemania
I WALK ALOOOONE
Batista comes out dressed like someone his daughter would date.
John says 'Hey, man. I hope you're not still sore about last time.' He'll wink at the camera and use some lame callback, 'I promise I don't have any duct tape!' or something a little bit easier to bury Batista with 'I hope you're not a basketball and hold grudges!'
Batista will smile. He'll say 'congrats champ! But don't get used to that name. Because the champ' Batista will point to himself 'Is Here'
Randy Orton will come out and claim he was robbed of his title and that neither could beat him one on one.
John will ask how his date with Michael Sam went /chuckles
Randy will storm backstage and demand a match
Triple H or Stephanie will say, you know Randy if you really want a rematch you have to prove to me you deserve it(throwing out the rematch clause that only applies sometimes or when it's convenient) Tonight you'll be facing Batista! With John Cena in his corner!
Orton gets into it with Cena during the match
Batista bomb
Not to be outdone or have someone else's music play, the Batista bomb will immediately be followed by an Attitude Adjustment
Exit Orton

Wrestlemania
John Cena and Batista will have a terrible match
It will be absolutely terrible
The crowd will shit on it because the match is terrible, and Batista isn't a Rock caliber star
John Cena will win
John Cena will force Batista to hold his arm up, fireworks will block out the boos
Wrasslegaf will be asleep

1-Arn Anderson theme playing from my phone
2.Walk in room
3. Lustfully Spine Buster her onto the couch
4.???
5. Shotgun Wedding
6. Unhappy marriage with a wife and kid I never wanted
7. Early death

Sounds good. Time to pull up YouTube and get this shit goin
??? = Point at Wrestlemania sign

K-1 - AKEBONO vs REMY BONJASKY - 2004

ibzyhAOaVhSoQ4.gif

time for another match from everyone's favourite AJPW Triple Crown champion, Akebono. this happened at the height of Akebono popularity in Japan. Bonjasky is a former 3-times K-1 WGP champion, one of the finest kickboxers of his generation. 238 pounds vs 514. oh boy. match is underway. Akebono just moves forward while Remy tries to wing it as best as he can.

ibevnMlE1J9vb6.gif

shit, look at the fat rippling when Remy kicks him. HAHAHA!!

ibqRzsGxKK03rv.gif

Akebono, or Akebonaya like the russian commentator calls him, is firmly planted in center ring. Remy tries to open him up with kicks but gets bullrushed. things are not looking good for our dutch hero.

iWSs5gmmAmiaH.gif

oh shit, Akebono takes him to the corner. Remy escapes and lands a couple of hard shots on Akebono's fat face. ENZIGURI!!! but Remy misses. oh man, crazy fight.

ibmCsE5Ts9XTrZ.gif

Remy lands a 1-2 on Akebono. the big man shakes his head!!! HAHA, he signals Remy to hit him again. careful what you wish for, Akebono.

iblFS8GgFZ4AxC.gif

1st round is over, somehow Remy is still standing. Akebono took some hards shots but survived easily, does Remy got what it takes to take the big man down? 2nd round starts the same way as the first, Remy circling Akebono. good shots by the dutchman. FLYING KNEE!! but misses the spot.

insYAjVW5M7FU.gif

Akebono is beyond gassed at this point, is barely mobile. Remy keeps hitting low kicks and high with his hands. Remy is all over him now. Akebono is saved by the bell. 3rd round is up, Remy knows he can go all in. body shot, Akebono feels this one deep. Remy throws a jab... TIMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!! stunning head kick ko, shame gifs don't have sound cause you can hear the jaw cracking.

iUZZDgRZrK86J.gif

gorgeous.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Hasney

Watching Smackdown and Christians shirt is still making me vomit. He should just have a line of dress shirts as his merch instead.

WWE-Christian.jpg

EDIT: Christ, that ending sequence on the 6-man tag was awesome.

Hasney

Just watched SD, fuck yeah a clean victory for Cesaro. I can't believe it!

I've just gotten to the fatal 4 way and it's such a good show in general this week. Swagger is so fucking good at times and even Big E's dull commentary didn't take too much away.

ROFL at Mark Henry teasing the suicide dive though.

Vee_One

The Raw and Smackdown theme songs have sucked for the last ten years

They need to bring back The Beautiful People for Smackdown

EDIT: Also - I know they just want to call him Cesaro but did they really have to cover up "Tony" on his jacket with black tape =/

Marvel

could never
I've just gotten to the fatal 4 way and it's such a good show in general this week. Swagger is so fucking good at times and even Big E's dull commentary didn't take too much away.

ROFL at Mark Henry teasing the suicide dive though.

LOL, yeah good old Mizark.

Great show I thought, you're right about Swags he really is a beast.

Hasney

Did they cut the Eva Marie match AMD just replay the Raw Divas match, or was that just my lamp?

Looks like it, although I skipped a large chunk when I saw that match come on but I doubt it was on afterwards.

EDIT: Just got done with the main event, great fucking match, Ortons best non-Bryan one for a while and it wasn't all Ceasaro, he brought it. Loved that spot with the doctor and he just seemed a bit more energetic than he has been. Seemed more like the Orton from the Smackdown Christian feud.

Mr. Sam

Good stuff on Smackdown tonight.

ibr3EuSP2UDrYZ.gif

Is this was in Ring Of Honor, we'd all be laughing at the generic bloke in black trunks who refused to sell and kept popping up to his feet.

And I'm someone who thinks Randy Orton's one of the best wrestlers in the world.

Seems New Japan's Invasion Attack at Sumo Hall is almost sold out, which is pretty crazy considering it isn't until April. NJPW's definitely on the up.

The TNA title matches are set for W-1's Sumo Hall show;

3/2 W-1 Sumo Hall
TNA X-Division title: Austin Aries vs. Seiya Sanada
TNA World Tag title: The Bromans vs. Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo
TNA World Heavyweight title: Magnus vs. KAI

Meh. I wanted Aries vs Hama :(

Magnus vs KAI should be good, though.

Is this was in Ring Of Honor, we'd all be laughing at the generic bloke in black trunks who refused to sell and kept popping up to his feet.

This. Every possible nit is picked when it comes to indie wrestling, but WWE routinely gets a free pass for stuff like that.

Also, this is why WWE needs 'fighting spirit' spots - if Orton had got up both those times showing fighting spirit, instead of acting all woozy, it wouldn't have looked anywhere near as dumb.

And I'm someone who thinks Randy Orton's one of the best wrestlers in the world.

if that was ROH, Orton would've won with a phoenix splash followed by a flip sitout powerbomb 20 seconds later.

GolazoDan

Fighting spirit spots really kinda suck unless they're done by Japanese badasses who hit their finishers ten times a match anyway. Danny Havoc and Drake Younger did a fighting spirit spot and it was the worst.

Either sell and stay down, or do a fighting spirit spot. That's my take on it. Also, there's a difference between a guy who's taking a combo of moves showing a bit of fighting spirit to facilitate the chaining of the combo and guys like Shibata & Goto trading back drop drivers.

if that was ROH, Orton would've won with a phoenix splash followed by a flip sitout powerbomb 20 seconds later.

When was the last time you actually watched some ROH?

Oh, this should be good;

i7Q6NnZoSsBzM.jpg

Some crazy tag wrestling booked for this show, what with the Swords vs ICMG and Project Ego vs The Young Bucks. Should hopefully prove to be an awesome night of wrestling. Also, Ric Flair! Woooooo!

Alucard

Banned
Whoever's shit-talking ROH needs to stop that shit right now. The promotion's been legitimately great for the past two months.

I can't believe I'm enjoying Jimmy Jacobs matches, but it's been happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom