• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Whoever's shit-talking ROH needs to stop that shit right now. The promotion's been legitimately great for the past two months.

I can't believe I'm enjoying Jimmy Jacobs matches, but it's been happening.

I watched an ROH from last year and I fucked hated it. Things couldn't have changed a whole lot in 8 months, have they?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
iUZZDgRZrK86J.gif

gorgeous.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

FOR GOD'S SAKE WOWOWOWOWWOWO

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Whoever's shit-talking ROH needs to stop that shit right now. The promotion's been legitimately great for the past two months.

I can't believe I'm enjoying Jimmy Jacobs matches, but it's been happening.
The last show I watched was Death Before Dishonor and the quality of the stream combined with the boring few months made me stop watching. You are my TNA brother in arms so your word is bond. I'll give it another go if you say it's good again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the WWE Network thread should function like the Netflix thread. Since they're NOT having every Raw/SD on there, there's no options for a real rewatch yet. It might be better served as a recommendations thread.

I see Axl Rotten has "called out" Zandig for a "shoot fight" after Zandig said mean things about him in a shoot interview;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5qkxZ-oF4

Axl's response;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwD5q_sjNh0

It always amazes me that Axl Rotten was around for so long in wrestling while being so utterly worthless at everything.

I watched an ROH from last year and I fucked hated it. Things couldn't have changed a whole lot in 8 months, have they?

If you hated it then, you'll hate it now - maybe a bit less, it probably depends on how much contempt you have for indie wrestling in general.

RBH

I think the WWE Network thread should function like the Netflix thread. Since they're NOT having every Raw/SD on there, there's no options for a real rewatch yet. It might be better served as a recommendations thread.

Yeah, that's probably the best way to go about it.

Kaladin

They still haven't said exactly what episodes of the back content will be up there and how it will be delivered. I'm curious to see that when it launches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They still haven't said exactly what episodes of the back content will be up there and how it will be delivered. I'm curious to see that when it launches.

They've neutered it further - it's now "selected matches" - so we'll see, but that basically sounds like WWE's youtube channel w/full length matches before they pulled a bunch of them.

Rapstah

It's looking like they're not committing to anything except all PPVs and their new programming on the Network so they can gauge what people are up for when it comes to rotating content. Seems pretty obvious to me that they're leaning on putting up a chunk of popular RAW episodes the week after people's six-month obligations expire to get them to re-subscribe. This means there's very little reason to put interesting stuff up (or rotate interesting stuff in) in the periods inbetween, except to keep people talking.

Kaladin

Here's how I think we should handle the network. Next week after Raw goes off the air, I'll launch a simple WWE Network Launch |OT| with some info about what we know so far.

When the network launches we'll open a community thread (just like Netflix) for the Network.

Something like:

WWE Network Recommendations |OT| Match of the Year Candidates

Rapstah

Here's how I think we should handle the network. Next week after Raw goes off the air, I'll launch a simple WWE Network Launch |OT| with some info about what we know so far.

When the network launches we'll open a community thread (just like Netflix) for the Network.

Something like:

WWE Network Recommendations |OT| Match of the Year Candidates

This seems good. Put the launch thread up as early as seems reasonable or people are going to split discussion over the three or four OT threads we already have (Punk, network announcement, creative meetings), though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No split discussion - best to keep it all in one. Make sure the launch thread can be repurposed how we need it to.

no reviews this weekend but for the next week i got lined up:

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Melvin Manhoef - DREAM 2008
Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Yuki Kondo - U-SPIRITS 2013
Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Minoru Suzuki - U-SPIRITS 2011
Wellington Wilkins Jr vs Yusuke Fuke - PWFG 1991
Volk Han vs Grom Zaza - RINGS 1992
Kiyoshi Tamura vs Mikhail Illoukhine - RINGS 1996

good shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
no reviews this weekend but for the next week i got lined up:

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Melvin Manhoef - DREAM 2008
Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Yuki Kondo - U-SPIRITS 2013
Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Minoru Suzuki - U-SPIRITS 2011
Wellington Wilkins Jr vs Yusuke Fuke - PWFG 1991
Volk Han vs Grom Zaza - RINGS 1992
Kiyoshi Tamura vs Mikhail Illoukhine - RINGS 1996

good shit.

Looking forward to Volk Han, because it's Volk Han!

Kaladin

No split discussion - best to keep it all in one. Make sure the launch thread can be repurposed how we need it to.

I suspect the Network Rec thread will be like the Netflix thread and last years. It'll be just an extension of the regular discussion we have in the monthly threads of current events.

Kaladin

Where exactly did this "legit shook" stuff originate from anyway?

You see, the first time Sunflower got hit with the ban hammer, he was sent back to mid 90's WCW. He only spent a brief amount of time there, but he overheard Stevie Ray telling Booker T that he was legit shook by a spot in their match that night. He then got transported to a world where in an odd turn of events he served as a bouncer for a secret orgy club.

Shortly after his time in that timeline, Sunflower returned to WrassleGaf Prime as Vince McMahon and brought the legit shook mantra to all of us and spread the good word across the Neogaf-verse.

Hasney

They've neutered it further - it's now "selected matches" - so we'll see, but that basically sounds like WWE's youtube channel w/full length matches before they pulled a bunch of them.

Really? I don't think I even want the network anymore. I wanted to watch every Raw ever and now the main appeal for me is gone. Hugely bummed out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did some more looking - Legends House won't hit until April, as well.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Really? I don't think I even want the network anymore. I wanted to watch every Raw ever and now the main appeal for me is gone. Hugely bummed out.
I'm sure they'll get to their back catalogue of shows eventually but they probably don't want to frontload everything so people have no reason to subscribe later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom