• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJon

Banned
I don't know much about foreign wrestlers working for Japanese companies. Do they actually live over there for extended periods of time? Do the companies they work for set them up with housing or do they take care of that themselves out of their own pocket?

We never found out who the snitch was!
i4N42up5tfaQR.gif

Not sure what you're talking about. Isn't there like a snitch every week?

I don't know much about foreign wrestlers working for Japanese companies. Do they actually live over there for extended periods of time? Do the companies they work for set them up with housing or do they take care of that themselves out of their own pocket?

The foreign wrestlers (gaijins) are brought over on a tour-by-tour basis, usually for about 2-3 weeks at a time and New Japan do put them up in hotels, but some (Devitt, for instance) prefer to stay at the New Japan dojo when they're in Tokyo. Also, while basic expenses are covered by New Japan, there are a lot of super-fans or business owners known as 'sponsors' who will pay for the gaijin wrestler's meals and drinks, either to promote their business, or just so they can spend a night out with some crazy wrestlers. In Stan Hansen's book he mentions that in over 20 years of touring Japan, he never once had to pay for a steak dinner thanks to these sponsors.

Showaddy

I'm not sure how much Tensai was making in New Japan but from Karl Anderson on Colt podcast, Tensai wife wanted him to go back to making WWE money. That seems that they just over paid for him to come back.

Meltzer's sources for Devitt says he is leaning going to the WWE. So they are paying him what he gets in New Japan or a bit more and offering him a cup of coffee in NXT to come over.

Its up to him for what he wants. In New Japan I don't think they will give him the main two titles now. So what is left for him to do over there?

Yeah by all accounts the contract they've offered him includes very little NXT time. So bearing in mind the money he makes from NJ and his Armani Exchange sponsorship that must mean he'll be straight into the main roster as one of their top earners; not Cena/Orton money obviously but could well be around a million a year they've offered him.

Either Vince is desperate for a top Irish face or they want him working as their top heel with something very similar to the RnR gimmick he's got at the moment.

That person in the NBA thread was a bitch, through and through. We have the ignore function for a reason and if you go through that person's post history you can see that dude ain't really the most angelic of peoples. I guess that's all I'll say about it all. Blackace being demodded really sucks. I butted heads with him a few times but he's a really chill mod.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
That person in the NBA thread was a bitch, through and through. We have the ignore function for a reason and if you go through that person's post history you can see that dude ain't really the most angelic of peoples. I guess that's all I'll say about it all. Blackace being demodded really sucks. I butted heads with him a few times but he's a really chill mod.

Was he demoded for reopening the thread or not being a *?

Tell me you did not just say that. When you talk about unique features, what do you think is going on inside her mind? Deceptive, unassuming beauty. The most perfect voice you've ever heard? A Canadian princess without a land or dimension to govern. Who covers a sport so earnest that her countrymen believe it o be real. A woman who protects her heart, not knowing that her true love feels the same.
beautifully put
Hot shit, Ryback just Tweeted a pic of his new Singlet.

"Internet Legend" with a broken keyboard. I love it.

fmX4C1L.jpg
A year ago i totally disliked this guy, but now i love him. whatta difference the internet makes

I don't think it was Frankman. He joked about it, but I think he was just playing the crowd.

There were plenty of other Midnight WrestleGAF haters out there. Hell, it could have been one of those drive-by posters who weren't regulars at all.

somedevil

Yeah by all accounts the contract they've offered him includes very little NXT time. So bearing in mind the money he makes from NJ and his Armani Exchange sponsorship that must mean he'll be straight into the main roster as one of their top earners; not Cena/Orton money obviously but could well be around a million a year they've offered him.

Either Vince is desperate for a top Irish face or they want him working as their top heel with something very similar to the RnR gimmick he's got at the moment.

Vince has nothing to do with this. Its Triple H who basically signs the new talent now. The story is Regal showed him a match between Devitt and Pac at the best of the super juniors match from June 2012. After watching the match he wanted them both.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrkluv_09-prince-devitt-vs-pac-njpw-06-06-12_sport

He got Pac and now he is trying to get Devitt. I imagine Vince has little idea who at the performance center until Triple H shows him tape of the guys he wants to bring up to the WWE.

Showaddy

Vince has nothing to do with this. Its Triple H who basically signs the new talent now. The story is Regal showed him a match between Devitt and Pac at the best of the super juniors match from June 2012. After watching the match he wanted them both.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrkluv_09-prince-devitt-vs-pac-njpw-06-06-12_sport

He got Pac and now he is trying to get Devitt. I imagine Vince has little idea who at the performance center until Triple H shows him tape of the guys he wants to bring up to the WWE.

Oh yeah I know the whole story with Pac & Devitt but that was a while ago. If they want to bring him up quickly to the main roster on a big salary then Vince has got to be in the know and be ok with it. I mean Neville's still on a development contract, Devitt's been offered a completely different deal.

Jamie OD

I'm starting to think if Devitt is going to show up on any American promotion this year, it will be with ROH through a deal with New Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some people come in expecting it every week but tomorrow's Raw is probably going to be really poor. They've already finished all the EC prep last week so unless something amazing happens this one is going to be a stinker.

Smackdown will probably still be great though Maggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom