• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n0z5h7X49A1sj4xr4o1_1280.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fantasy booking: Imagine if Haku didn't go to WCW after SWS and instead stuck around in Japan. I think he woulda been a mega star gaijin as an independent guy

Imagine Haku vs Hansen, Haku vs Vader, Haku vs Onita, Haku vs Gordy, Haku vs Dr Death, Haku vs Kawada or Misawa or Kobashi, Haku vs Sasaki

So how bad is the network launch going to be?

I figure I'll wait at least a few days to let everything die down a little before signing up.

Is this going to be a Sim City or Diablo 3 sort of shitfest?

Vylash

So how bad is the network launch going to be?

I figure I'll wait at least a few days to let everything die down a little before signing up.

Is this going to be a Sim City or Diablo 3 sort of shitfest?

I'm gonna give it 1-2 months, if there aren't any issues then I'll sign up, I am confident everything will be fine since they seem to have a solid infrastructure behind it, but it's still WWE

Also... https://twitter.com/AndyLeavine301/statuses/434446650166480896 hahahahahahaha

Pavaloo

I watched Summerslam and Royal Rumble at the movie theatre. Totally recommended for the big screen experience, but you may have to deal with some marky marks and smarky smarks yelling things out from time to time. Cena fans are the best.

I always wanted to do this, but it's hard to justify $40 individual tickets : /

Ripclawe

Banned
hmm...
Big Show on being a champion and his current role with the WWE: "Sometimes people think it's cool to be a champion, but being a champion is a lot more work actually. Yes it's an ego trip to be a champion, but there is a lot more involved in it. My role now is to establish the younger guys and help them find out who they are as a talent."
\
iTBl8nw1XaB1T.png

Kaladin

You know what also releases next week?

Thief....been waiting for that shit forever.

Also, South Park Stick of Truth in another week.

Who's with me?

Watched some OZ Academy from January, fairly average show, but there was some fun stuff here and there. Ozaki does this weird thing where all her cronies can interfere in each other's matches without getting DQ'd, so every other match is partly ruined by lame numbers game interference which just gets in the way. There's usually room for at least one clean singles match though, which fell to Akino vs Sonoko Kato this time. Kato is tiny, so it was fun seeing her get thrown around the ring, but Akino's strikes looked pretty lame for a striker-type character, especially when a bunch of other wrestlers on the show had better strikes. There were a couple of fun tag matches in Tsubasa/Hiroyo vs Saree/Kagetsu and Toyota/Amano vs Shimoda/Nakagawa, while Yumi Ohka vs Nagashima and Aja/Kansai vs Ozaki/Mio were both good, but spoiled slightly by the aforementioned interference.

Tsubasa Kuragaki turns Kagetsu inside out with a sick lariatooooo, followed by the Metal Wing;

iphnawuv0cRhN.gif

Dynamite Kansai;

iIXluQvVOZj3T.gif

Also watched a PWX show, with Caleb Konley vs Cedric Alexander in the main event. Fine match, I would've called it great if they'd cut 10 minutes or so. The whole thing went about 42 minutes. It was obvious they were going for the long haul from the start, but I was fine with it as they're both pretty talented and they were telling a good story. Too much in the end, as it turned out. Once Cedric hit his finisher four times in a row and Konley kicked out 32 minutes into the match, I mentally checked out. Konley came back and they did that whole 'what'll it take to put this guy down' thing with Cedric kicking out of everything, then Caleb turning heel and using the belt to win the match. Also, Shane Helms is super, SUPER annoying on commentary.

Who's with me?

Got Thief pre-ordered, looking forward to it, even though I never played the originals. South Park should be good as well, kinda wish it was on PS4 though.

Opened it, saw it was in daytime in a field, immediately closed. I know your tricks Boots.

Everyone knows all the best wrestling takes place at daytime in a field. Possibly across state borders to avoid pesky health and safety laws. Or in the middle of nowhere so as to avoid the watchful gaze of the law.

Carnby

Feb 24, 2014.

*logins into PSN to download WWE app*

"Playstation Network is down for maintenance"

FFfffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

April 6th, 2014

*Boots up PS4 to watch WrestleMania 30*

"Playstation Network is down for maintenance"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You don't need to be logged into PSN to watch WWE Network, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Who's with me?

No love for Thief here, which is weird. Titanfall has me sloppy ready for it, and only it. Before then I need to beat Lightning Returns, which is a brainfuck of a game. Just fucking weird on all levels.

I've had South Park preordered for over a year.

Yeah I'm a SP mark.

In that Ambrose/Moxely v Brain Damage match, I can't believe the crowd (all 15 of them) actually bought the electric saw bit and that it became sort of internet legend for a few years.

Kaladin

I've had South Park preordered for over a year.

Yeah I'm a SP mark.

South Park mark since day 1. I love that this game looks exactly like the show, even in the gameplay and menus....everything just feels right.

It has a chance to be the best movie/tv video game adaption ever.

A chance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Titanfall is too good. Reminds me of playing COD4 when it came out. It's hard to go back to Ghosts and BF4 after playing the Beta

I can't even pretend to play Ghosts ever, but yeah, I havent felt this hook since COD4.

South Park mark since day 1. I love that this game looks exactly like the show, even in the gameplay and menus....everything just feels right.

It has a chance to be the best movie/tv video game adaption ever.

A chance.

It's by Obsidian I have no doubt that it will be glorious.

Hell I'll probably double dip and buy it on steam at release just so I can play it on my laptop while I'm on the road working.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's by Obsidian I have no doubt that it will be glorious.

Hell I'll probably double dip and buy it on steam at release just so I can play it on my laptop while I'm on the road working.

Yeah, Obsidian is what's going to make that game great. Fortunately I get it on Family Share, but I dunno if I have time to play it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I would like to amend my previous statement.
Games will be not over once Drakengard 3 is released, and then they will be over again because it will be GOTF with Nier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom