• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

This is what I want to know... I have a suspicion we won't get it. No matter it will be online somewhere.

Regal tweeted a little while ago that it'll be split up into 2 separate hour shows and shown in the normal timeslot worldwide. Not sure what that means for the regular NXT weekly show since it'd be a week behind then.

EDIT: Thinking about it, they may have a week off and show Arrival on Hulu the week after while the rest of the world gets the second hour.

Aiii

So not worth it
FAVE SOME NUMBER OF LAST GEN HOME CONSOLES (Handheld titles not included):
Uncharted 2
Last of Us
The Walking Dead Season 1
Mass Effect 2
Mortal Kombat
Batman Arkham City
Red Dead Redemption
Portal 2
Heavy Rain
NO IT DIDN'T SUCK, FUCK YOU!
Beyond Two Souls
YES THAT'S RIGHT!
Metal Gear Solid 4
NO THIS DIDN'T SUCK EITHER, I WILL FIGHT YOU!
Catherine
Diablo 3
Rock Band

I dare you to figure out what I look for in games (Probably not that hard)

Uncharted 2
Last of Us
Mass Effect 2
Mortal Kombat
Batman Arkham City
Red Dead Redemption
Portal 2
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
YES THAT'S RIGHT!
Metal Gear Solid 4
Catherine
Diablo 3
Rock Band

Grown women that look like 12 year old girls?
FrhISmo.gif

Regal tweeted a little while ago that it'll be split up into 2 separate hour shows and shown in the normal timeslot worldwide. Not sure what that means for the regular NXT weekly show since it'd be a week behind then.

EDIT: Thinking about it, they may have a week off and show Arrival on Hulu the week after while the rest of the world gets the second hour.

Thanks. Found the Tweet. https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/status/434060433255723008

If there is no way for the Network to be accessed outside US, then I guess that is something! Not ideal though - and not a good sign of things to come if WWE are pushing Network going forward.

I guess I will post a Fave Five

Mario Galaxy 2
Fire Emblem Awaking
Dark Souls
Spelunky
Bayonetta
Spec Ops: The Line
Rayman Legends
Split/Second

Marvel

could never

Ah yeah that would be ok! well that is good news, I really want to watch it on TV rather than on the computer.

Uncharted 2
Last of Us
Mass Effect 2
Mortal Kombat
Batman Arkham City
Red Dead Redemption
Portal 2
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
YES THAT'S RIGHT!
Metal Gear Solid 4
Catherine
Diablo 3
Rock Band

A shit story masquerading as a decent one?

Hasney

VIDEO GAMEZ:

Deadly Premonition
Binary Domain
Fallout 3
Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row 3
MGS4
Team Fortress 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance
Civilisation V
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Mario Galaxy 2
Final Fantasy XIII-4: Lightings Whored Out On The Street

Mr. Sam

You people are discussing videogames in the wrestling thread. It's so simple but you still don't understand.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
  2. Portal 2
  3. Red Dead Redemption
  4. Binary Domain
  5. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Look what you made me do. Tch.

Vylash

Ugh am I gonna be the only one who posts a correct list?

Shaq Fu

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Final Fantasy: All The Bravest

Superman 64

E.T

RINGS - KIYOSHI TAMURA vs MIKHAIL ILLOUKHINE - 1996

ibKMTqrO5Z1iG.gif

Mik is in the blue shorts, Tamura in the red. i always felt Tamura had one of the best physiques in Japanese wrestling.

ibnXWhdCVwOM3s.gif

the action begins. both wrestlers studying each other, waiting for an opening. Tamura chooses low kicks as his primary method of attack. Mik gets a hold of one and counters with a kneebar attempt. Tamura rolls and escapes from the submission. both men are circling each other, waiting for the time to strike. Tamura goes back to his kicks but gets countered with a huge slam.

i6fM6p1ICIUZM.gif

Mik is now working on an armbar attempt. drags Tamura to the center of the ring but Tamura reverses position and now he's on top. goes for the armbar but loses position to Mik. Mik now on his feet switches to a back body clinch but gets countered with a rolling kneebar from Tamura.

ibg1jmOborZXzd.gif

Mik struggles and has to resort to a rope escape to break the hold. Mik manages to takedown Tamura again and goes for a leg lock. Tamura rolls but ends up with Mik on top of him. Mik goes for a standing kneebar, locks it in. Tamura tries to escape but Mik drops down to a full kneebar. not looking good for our japanese warrior. he tries to reach ropes but they're too far. Tamura only chance is tocounter and does! Tamura gets the upper position, drops down for his own cross kneebar!! fantastic sequence.

iCQpVnWle83ot.gif

Mik managed to espace using the ropes. both men are up again. Tamura insists with the kicks and gets countered by Mik. Mik works on the ground and secures a seldom seen calf crusher submission but the far more agile Tamura manages to escape. glorious mat wrestling sequence by Tamura that ends in an armbar attempt, amazing stuff.

ib12FrovXgDPEV.gif

but it leads to nothing, as Mik reverses and get Tamura on his back. Mik working on a choke hold, switches to a crucifix. Tamura is one step ahead and immediately counters it with a kneebar. Mik escapes and now has top position but crafty Tamura lures him to the ground and manages a rear neck crank submission attempt. very technical ground battle now, lots of submissions and reversals. Tamura goes for an armbar but fails to secure Mik's arm. Mik is up, goes for yet another kneebar. now working on a STF but Tamura quickly escapes. another leg lock hold by Mik, gives it up in exchange for top control. lapse from Mik and he gets caught in an elbow crusher.

idjDBsnVlgcqb.gif

Mik squeezes out of the submission and counters with a nice figure 4 kneebar hold. both men rolls to the ropes and we have a break. both men are back up after minutes of intense ground battle. Tamura hits a push kick to Mik's chest and follows up with open palm strikes. Mik goes down for the count.

ilhW10ED51NIw.gif

man, that count only pissed Mik. he comes in full force and secures the takedown followed by a spinning kneebar.

ibj6ItJ0Ckaer.gif

Tamura escapes but Mik is on top of him again, goes for the takedown but misses. another takedown attempt, this time he gets it. Tamura tries to counter but gets caught in a triangle armbar instead, has to resort to a rope break. both men wildly trading blows, Tamura lands an accidental low blow. Mik recovers and is back on the attack. Mik gets to close and is taken down by Tamura, who locks in a rear naked choke and finishes the bout via submission. a very ground based shoot-style match, very good if you're into methodical ground battles.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Alucard

Banned
You guys still have time to play video games on top of watching hours of wrestling? Damn. If you're married and have kids, I don't see how that's possible.

sample of the super fun Suzuki v Kanehara match:

ixZwQdlO5CZFc.gif

You guys still have time to play video games on top of watching hours of wrestling? Damn. If you're married and have kids, I don't see how that's possible.

i have a kid, i barely play games and only watch minutes of wrestling. it's manageable.

styl3s

Hey.. We can't get married here and i will have you know we have 2 very, very, very demanding miniature schnauzers.

VERY demanding.

Forkball

So guys... what's the greatest non-wrestling competition on a wrestling program? I can't find the musical chairs segment where Jericho wins on Youtube for some reason.

korly

This gif reminded me that I just watched Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia since it had Mr. Kennedy in it.

Fucking horrible movie. I mean I didn't expect anything good, but I was hoping for some so bad it's funny/unintentional hilarity. I got none of that.

I really should abandon this quest to watch all these movies with wrestlers in them. It hurts me too much.

I just did the same thing with "Inside Out" on Hulu with the same results.

I have a DVD of this, and that's definitely closer to what I was looking for.

FAVE FIVE TIME:

1. Tekken Tag Tournament 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Mass Effect 2

4. Saints Row 3

5. Pacman Champion Edition DX +

Verendus

Banned
This is the week guys. The week Lesnar beats the shit out Christian, taking his spot in the EC, and becomes the new champion.

I still believe.

Fuck Jay Z. And Randy Orton.

Aiii

So not worth it

Seriously guys, if you ever want Daniel Bryan to become something in this company, you need to start buying his shit. I know it seems silly, but so far Daniel Bryan isn't exactly proving to be a draw to Vince and the only way to get this company to push anyone is to spend your money on a guy.

That said, this shirt is not available in the Euroshop yet, so I'm counting on you US-GAF!

V though...where's Net_Wrecker? He summed up my feelings on this game perfectly a few times over. I'll see if I can track one down to repost.

I've made a number of posts detailing my issues with GTAV, but I guess THIS ONE will do as an overall list since it covers pretty much all of my issues. Obviously I agree that GTAV was a disappointment, and it honestly surprises me at how much praise the game receives. I finished the campaign in September and never touched it again to clean up the remaining missions or side activities busywork because it's so unsatisfying in every aspect, but especially in the mechanics.

Fave Five of last gen:

1. Bayonetta
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. The Last of Us
4. Uncharted 2
5. Metal Gear Rising
- Honorable mentions: Vanquish, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 2, Journey, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Okami HD, Resident Evil 4 HD, Beyond Good & Evil HD, more I'm likely forgetting

Biggest Dissapointments:

1. Max Payne 3 (specifically the amount of cutscenes in the game)
2. Def Jam Icon (specifically that AKI didn't develop it....oh and it was garbage)
3. GTAIV + GTAV
4. Mass Effect trilogy (It turned into a jumbled mess of Jesus fan fiction instead of a badass space exploration Shooter-RPG with crew relationship drama)
5. Uncharted 3
- Other disappointments: Brutal Legend, Crackdown 2

On Topic Discussion: Striations, Bah Gawd, and OH MAH GOODNESS

Rapstah

Is Ryback good-looking? I get that he's a big rugged-looking muscular dude, but I didn't think it would be at the level of the 19-year-old fangirls he's re-tweeting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aw Net_Wrecker has a lot of last gen HD remakes on his honorable mention list. Says a lot.

Kaladin

Fave Five of the last generation in no order:

The Last of Us
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Batman: Arkham City
Portal 2
Assassin's Creed 2

HM:

Uncharted Series
Souls Series
Rock Band / Guitar Hero Series
Metal Gear Solid 4
GTA IV Series & GTA V
BEYOND: Two Souls & Heavy Rain
Mass Effect Series

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely DQ HD remakes. That's like putting the Rocky III/IV 4k Rerelease on the movie of the year list. Other people don't feel that way though, and that's ok.

Aw Net_Wrecker has a lot of last gen HD remakes on his honorable mention list. Says a lot.

That RE4 is one of the last true masterpieces in gaming and I missed out on the others in the PS2 gen? Whatchu tryna say?

That he's as jaded about gaming as he is about wrestling?

Hardly. The only reason I remember those disappointing games is because I was so hyped for each of them (aside from Def Jam Icon which I knew would be garbage the second they took AKI off). I bought a PS4 day 1 and we still don't have any truly "next-gen" games. I bought a Wii U just because of Platinum's exclusive games. The hype is still there.

BTW, I'm only jaded with the WWE because 8 times out of 10 they screw everything up. NJPW still gives me those feels I look for, there's just less to discuss with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom