• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

punk-airport.jpg

punk-airport-2.jpg

punk-airport-3.jpg

So... how long do you think AJ will hate men after Punk dumps her?

She's gonna be crushed.

what a happy couple.

I wonder how incredibly bad and unfitting for Reigns it will be.

It will have his face on the front of the shirt and name in a water like font with rain drops coming down with each one having his face on it and then on the back it will say "make it reigns"

Cagey

Banned
It's simply have his name on it in an ornate style and emphasis on "Reigns" with a cartoony Roman sitting on a throne with a crown and sceptre.

Just write "All Shall Tremble" in large gold block letters on the front, and underneath and offset to the right, have "- Roman Reigns" in small gold cursive. Simple enough without being a cartoon. Shit ain't hard.

jmdajr

What would you say is your biggest merch support?

Recently over the years my support for things I like/d has dropped drastically. Don't buy full priced games on launch, no longer buy shirts of my favorite bands, anime support is basically zero

I think about the only shit I still buy is NFL merch.

WWE? I have never really been into wrestling shirts. My support has always been DVDs, events, or ppvs (few times a year), live tv viewing, and soon network.

Hmmm. Maybe I support WWE more than I think!

hertog

FAVE SOME NUMBER OF LAST GEN HOME CONSOLES (Handheld titles not included):
Uncharted 2
Last of Us
The Walking Dead Season 1
Mass Effect 2
Mortal Kombat
Batman Arkham City
Red Dead Redemption
Portal 2
Heavy Rain
NO IT DIDN'T SUCK, FUCK YOU!
Beyond Two Souls
YES THAT'S RIGHT!
Metal Gear Solid 4
NO THIS DIDN'T SUCK EITHER, I WILL FIGHT YOU!
Catherine
Diablo 3
Rock Band

I dare you to figure out what I look for in games (Probably not that hard)

Your gaming taste is vastly superior to your wrassle taste ;)

Cagey

Banned
What would you say is your biggest merch support?

Recently over the years my support for things I like/d has dropped drastically. Don't buy full priced games on launch, no longer buy shirts of my favorite bands, anime support is basically zero

I think about the only shit I still buy is NFL merch.

WWE? I have never really been into wrestling shirts. My support has always been DVDs, events, or ppvs (few times a year), live tv viewing, and soon network.

Hmmm. Maybe I support WWE more than I think!

The NFL.
- Giants season tickets every year until last season (have to save for wedding, will resume in 2015)
- Three jerseys in my closet
- Winter merch for attending the games while still decked out in colors
- A mini-shrine in my living room full of swag
- A stack of towels distributed at various games

It's a bit much. #ELITE

jmdajr

The NFL.
- Giants season tickets every year until last season (have to save for wedding, will resume in 2015)
- Three jerseys in my closet
- Winter merch for attending the games while still decked out in colors
- A mini-shrine in my living room full of swag
- A stack of towels distributed at various games

It's a bit much. #ELITE

Season tickets ain't cheap!!!!!! I know man, I know.

Cagey

Banned
Season tickets ain't cheap!!!!!! I know man, I know.

Especially when you're buying them third-party from a scalper to have the same strip of seats in the same section every year. We were getting blasted in the ass to the tune of 50+% markup.

Between a buddy being unable to attend this year, having to save, HDTV, and the douche wanting an even higher markup... just couldn't justify it. Will consider a PSL in coming years to pay the one-time fee and avoid the annual blasting.

jmdajr

Especially when you're buying them third-party from a scalper to have the same strip of seats in the same section every year. We were getting blasted in the ass to the tune of 50+% markup.

Between a buddy being unable to attend this year, having to save, HDTV, and the douche wanting an even higher markup... just couldn't justify it. Will consider a PSL in coming years to pay the one-time fee and avoid the annual blasting.

I feel lucky. I bought them at face value when my friend (season ticket holder) moved and he couldn't attend the games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave five games of last generation:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Path of Exile
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Dark Souls
Skyrim (with mods)

Path of Exile? Really?

I love the game, but GODDAMN you sink some serious time into it :)

On that note, Diablo 3 was a huge disappointment on all levels.

Path of Exile? Really?

I love the game, but GODDAMN you sink some serious time into it :)

On that note, Diablo 3 was a huge disappointment on all levels.

My combined play time for PoE, MH and Skyirm is like 700+ hours.
Like 300 for MH, 200 for Skyrim and 200 for PoE.

Talking about disappointments, my bottom five:

Diablo 3
Skyrim (vanilla game)
GTA 4
FFXIV (at launch)
Fable 2

Fave five games of last generation:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Path of Exile
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Dark Souls
Skyrim (with mods)
HWtCM.gif

OoE is a top tier Vania.

3 Nier fans!!! Nier clique is only for those who recognize beauty.
Serious question, no need to go into a lot of detail but what is it about Nier that has you rate it so highly?
I mean I found it solid enough though not spectacular, the gameplay on its own is in my opinion mediocre (though the way it dips its toes into other genres with the same basic gameplay setup at points is pretty novel).
So I figure it's more of a plot thing that makes it so loved by those that do, the whole experience and all that I guess but help shed some light on the subject for me.

jmdajr

A few other gems I enjoyed even though non got much fan fare or good reviews.

largeboxart.jpg
largeboxart.jpg

largeboxart.jpg
largeboxart.jpg

largeboxart.jpg
largeboxart.jpg

largeboxart.jpg
largeboxart.jpg

I love how I can look at my Achievement Trophy history to see what I played.

Can't log into Nintendo.com and do that. :\

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Prince of Persia 2008 was amazing. Really excellent!

jmdajr

Very polarizing game.

largeboxart.jpg

No doubt my love of Metal made me love it more than I should. Great over world, music, characters, story. But man those battles. I would get so fucking mad!

gurudyne

Concerning Max Payne 3: That game had a legit shot at being one of my favorites of ALL TIME, but the storytelling screwed the experience up that much. The way they structured levels and told the story through these long unskippable cutscenes is so anti-Max Payne, and completely wastes his detective background and the use of internal monologues. I wanted to enjoy that game so bad because the details in the gunplay are top notch, but the game just won't let me play it.

Amen. Rockstar was so bipolar this last gen. On the one hand, Gay Tony, TLatD and RDR. On the other, GTA IV Vanilla, GTA V and MP3.

Skyrim is garbage, you're missing nothing unless you go uguu for dragons. Such a clunky piece of shit. Its narrative was bunk too. Everything was crap.

Except exploration. If you want to be plunked down in a gorgeous environment with a lot of things to look for, find and use, Skyrim's a damned fine product. For 20 hours. After that, you stop finding new things and start finding reskins of the same things you found at level one.

Mods help a lot with that.

New Vegas though...that shit is worth spending time on. Goddamn. Obsidian! Best Fallout.

Can't be stated enough. Obsidian knows how to make a world that can make a player feel like they're in a legend.

Sephzilla

Brutal Legend would have been a lot better if they didn't have those RTS elements in the game (and on top of that try to hide the existence of them leading up to the release of the game)

EDIT: New page

qOze0.gif

jmdajr

Brutal Legend would have been a lot better if they didn't have those RTS elements in the game (and on top of that try to hide the existence of them leading up to the release of the game)

Even if it was a shallow beat em up type game, it would have worked on the strengths of everything else.

Here is an award for game that pissed me off the most

FUCK THIS GAME!
ah, one of my favorites. u 2 soft breh!!!!!!
Fave Five Games I Still Need To Play From Last Gen, GO!

I'm gonna have to pull a Jerry Lawler and think about it.
Nier
Deadly Premonition
Gears of War 3
ME3
Deus Ex HR
I own all of them
Very polarizing game.

largeboxart.jpg

No doubt my love of Metal made me love it more than I should. Great over world, music, characters, story. But man those battles. I would get so fucking mad!
I enjoyed it enough to get 96% completion. I might go back and get those remaining jumps someday. fuck those RTS battles though

jmdajr

Wow I have no idea how I forgot about these games.
I played them A LOT. More than Halo even. Thank God for co-operative play.

largeboxart.jpg
largeboxart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom