• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

PS+ has changed my spending habits. I no longer support Sony games because I just wait for them to be 'rentals' - Vita's really, REALLY fucking dead now though. After Borderlands 2 hits it, which I will be passing on because jeezus I never want to play it again, well, that's the end.

No SD card slot buried it for me. I don't know what amount of chanting is going to get me to change my mind.

DMczaf

Consider me a Turbo Tax mark from now on. Their free service found an extra $100 in credits for me, and my refund is already going to be deposited on Thursday (I filed last Tuesday).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No SD card slot buried it for me. I don't know what amount of chanting is going to get me to change my mind.

Content management on the vita sucks shit, too.

Bought a new memory card for it, went to my PS+ backup to download my save files.

Guess what? I gotta play the game first before it lets me restore my saves. What the goddamn shit?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unrelated I logged in to Netflix in Mexico and the selection was fucking astounding.

Good ol' USA, pay more for less. Oh well.

Well, we're not a third world country. Did you know most of Europe doesn't have air conditioners? SAVAGES!

I haven't watched wrestling since the attitude era. The announcement of the network made me start to feel some nostalgia, so I watched the History of the WWE on netflix, then last weeks RAW to see what's going on. I was actually surprised that it was pretty good. The guy that really stood out to me was Roman Reigns. He looks like a star. Think I'm going to try the network out and start following a bit more.

jmdajr

Well, we're not a third world country. Did you know most of Europe doesn't have air conditioners? SAVAGES!

Yeah we put up with a lot of bullshit, but it's not so bad and wouldn't want to be anywhere else really.

No doubt I would be getting a r.i.p. thread if I didn't get the medical care I needed last year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched wrestling since the attitude era. The announcement of the network made me start to feel some nostalgia, so I watched the History of the WWE on netflix, then last weeks RAW to see what's going on. I was actually surprised that it was pretty good. The guy that really stood out to me was Roman Reigns. He looks like a star. Think I'm going to try the network out and start following a bit more.

You're damn right. Welcome goddammit welcome!

Give us your FAVE FIVE ATTITUDE ERA STARS

Hell EVERYONE LETS DO IT

ATTITUDE ERA FAVE FIVE

jmdajr

No doubt, I am pretty fucking hyped. HHH burials at my finger tips.

Oh yeah fav five!

1)The Game HHH
2)-5) Let me think about it....

edit:

200px-WrestleManiaXV.jpg

Replace Show with Shawn. Seems solid enough to me.

Kaladin

I'm thinking of re-assimilating myself into the Android Master Race when Samsung Galaxy S5 comes out in a month or so...currently on an iPhone 5.....what say you?

Sokantish

I plan on buying an iPad soon for Hearthstone so I wanted to switch to an android phone but I have no idea what's even good anymore! I did want an HTC One at one point but now I feel like they are outdated!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny's Attitude Fave Five:

5. Gangrel
4. Kane
3. Satanic Undertaker
2. Ken Shamrock
1. Vince McMahon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I plan on buying an iPad soon for Hearthstone so I wanted to switch to an android phone but I have no idea what's even good anymore! I did want an HTC One at one point but now I feel like they are outdated!

When's that shit out? I'm smitten with it on PC.

Sokantish

Gangrel... Are you serious, bro?

When's that shit out? I'm smitten with it on PC.

They still haven't said but since the beta is open to everyone now and there is a content patch on the way that adds a new mode and cards I bet iOS version comes when that comes out. Who knows with Blizzard though

Kaladin

Samsung Galaxy S5 announcement is scheduled for Feb 24th. I'm hoping the phone is available on carriers (come on Verizon) soon after.

Joeki11a

Banned
So Phil brooks disappeared?

Why TMZ aint hunting him down for an explanation?

This guy could end up losing his mind and becoming a UFC fighter, competitive psychos like him cant just stand around doing nothing.

No Particular Order:

Al Snow
Val Venis
The Godfather
Ken Shamrock
Cold Stone Austin Steve

Goddamn I love the Attitude Era. So needlessly offensive. So dumb. So good.

edit: Fuck, I forgot about:
Jericho
Angle
Trish

Attitude Era Fave Five;

1. Foley
2. Jericho
3. Taker
4. Angle
5. KAIENTAI

They complain about the heat every summer, but do nothing about it. "Oh it's so goddamn hot. I had to go to the shop and it was hot. "

We complain about the heat because complaining about the weather is what we do. If it rains, or is foggy, or it snows, or it's sunny, someone, somewhere is complaining about it. However, there's always the knowledge that whatever weather currently ails us, it's only ever temporary - especially if that weather is warm summer sun. To have air conditioners in every European home would be so incredibly wasteful, when you consider that it never really gets that hot over here.

Attitude Era Fave Five... this is tough because some guys i like and then they start being shit within a short time. lemme try and remember some stuff, it's been awhile since i've seen AE stuff before my aborted rewatch

-Edge & Christian (as a package)
-Vince
-Steve Blackman
-Y2J
-uh, idk. TEST. yeah, fuck it, test

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We complain about the heat because complaining about the weather is what we do. If it rains, or is foggy, or it snows, or it's sunny, someone, somewhere is complaining about it. However, there's always the knowledge that whatever weather currently ails us, it's only ever temporary - especially if that weather is warm summer sun. To have air conditioners in every European home would be so incredibly wasteful, when you consider that it never really gets that hot over here.

Just don't turn em on if it's cool out.

"Hark milord! This heat wave doth place thine brow under duress!" I've heard it all before!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It would be a purchase that literally only gets used for about 2 weeks every year. Wasteful.

Yeah, but then you'll have an unprecedented heat wave for FOUR weeks!

Do you at least have AC in your carriages? I mean cars. Motors. Whatever eats "Petrol"?

Also Steve Blackman was crap in the ring and out. Overrated.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
FAVE FIVE...WITH ATTITUDE

5. HBK (Would be higher but he wasn't there for a lot of it)
4. Steve Blackman (gat dayum)
3. Vincent Kennedy McMahon
2. Stacy Kiebler (The second love of my life behind the Childlike Empress
1. Chris Jericho (I marked my little 10 year old heart out when he won the undisputed titles)

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm thinking of re-assimilating myself into the Android Master Race when Samsung Galaxy S5 comes out in a month or so...currently on an iPhone 5.....what say you?

Nexus 5 is the way to go mates, I had the Galaxy S2, but the crappy software support and cheap plastic are real turnoffs, nothing beats the native Android experience. Fast, snappy, good support and decent materials. I couldn't go to a non-Nexus device at this point anymore.

Gesture typing though, love that!

More opinions: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=770420

jmdajr

Yeah, but then you'll have an unprecedented heat wave for FOUR weeks!

Do you at least have AC in your carriages? I mean cars. Motors. Whatever eats "Petrol"?

Also Steve Blackman was crap in the ring and out. Overrated.

Shane O Mac loved that guy. Did his damnedest to put him over. Hell, he literally almost killed himself!

I think an Attitude Era BOTTOM FIVE would be more interesting, lemme see:

Beaver Cleavage
Meat
Blue Meanie

And since I hate this cunt so bad, he takes two spots:
Jeff Jarret

Fuck him to hell.

Welcome and shake hands. Don't shake hands with Vince McMahon though, he prefers a good old punch to the gut so he can tell who is a real man.

Mr. Luchador's Attitude Fave Five

1. Owen Hart
Despite not really being a real Attitude Era guy, and only being in the first year or so (98-99), his work with Jeff Jarrett was so good I actually liked Jeff Jarrett for a little while. Besides he's the guy that broke Austin's neck and helped Austin become super over. He was also part of the Nation of Domination, a Slammy Award Winner and The Black Hart. He was not a nugget.

ripowen.jpg

2. The Headbangers/The Oddities
Yeah, I went there! In similar vain I really liked The Oddities because it was stupid and daft. Sure they were gimmicky as hell, but they lived those gimmicks to the point they made them sort of cool. Everyone doing the Public Enemy hand waving for The Oddities looked great too.

05.jpg
Oddities.jpg

3. D'lo Brown
Seriously. Wiggly head and chest protector frog splashes. I remember that going on for years, but seemingly it only lasted a few months.

brown3.jpg

4. Kurt Angle
Why? He was the 'legit' anchor in the attitude era. The Olympic Medalist who was so out of his depth in the bizzare word of wrestling, but was so pompus and goofy. He transformed into this comedy great alongside Steve Austin and Vince McMahon.

angle.jpg

5. Steve Austin/Vince McMahon
I'm cheating my grouping these two together, but I have to. You can't have one without the other in the attitude era.

2344041231a2778533343b16993732l.jpg

Honorable Mentions:

Spike Dudley
Test
Crash Holly
The Hurricane

The best thing Steve Blackman did was that hardcore match with Al Snow that saw them fighting on the banks of the Mississippi.

Also, real later-half of the 90's fave five;

1. Kenta Kobashi
2. Mitsuharu Misawa
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
4. Scott Norton
5. Toshiaki Kawada

Yup, cars and shops are just about the only place you're likely to find AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom