• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Not a lot of love for Benoit?

You all have something against murderers or something?

edit; For real though that whole event traumatized the fuck out of me. I felt really messed up for awhile.

I was even at the live PPV that he no showed. Just totally F'ed thinking why he wasn't there.

You're damn right. Welcome goddammit welcome!

Give us your FAVE FIVE ATTITUDE ERA STARS

Hell EVERYONE LETS DO IT

ATTITUDE ERA FAVE FIVE

New Age Outlaws
HHH
Goldust
Mankind
Steve Austin

Really liked DX. Undertaker and Brett Hart would have to be my all-time favorites, but not during that era. Saw that Goldust was still wrestling. He looked pretty good for his age.

Not a lot of love for Benoit?

You all have something against murder's or something?

edit; For real though that whole event traumatized the fuck out of me. I felt really messed up for awhile.

I was even at the live PPV that he no showed. Just totally F'ed thinking why he wasn't there.

It was your fault, you Snitsky.

Remember when Jim Cornette thought booking The Headbangers for ROH in 2012 would be a good idea?

Now, I like Jimmy and can often find a defence for his, admittedly, dated views, but I have no idea what he thought The Headbangers could bring to a company like ROH twelve years after their release from WWE.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
hqdefault.jpg

He's the world's greatest wrestler, the world's greatest singer, the world's greatest entertainer.

jmdajr

The only good thing Jeff ever did was that feud against Chyna where he went around attacking women with the figure four leg lock.

Just completely preposterous. He must have known he was leaving the WWF and was like..."I don't give a fuck!" and went all out with the ludicrousness of it all.

I was really fond of the DOA assholes, but I have no idea if they were actually decent wrestlers

disciples-of-apocalypse.jpg

See that's where I was going with The Headbangers/The Oddities. Who cares what they were like in the ring. DOA looked hard as nails and came down to the ring on bikes to start freaking Gang Wars. The characters were like 80s gimmicks x100 to work in the Attitude Era.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
See that's where I was going with The Headbangers/The Oddities. Who cares what they were like in the ring. DOA looked hard as nails and came down to the ring on bikes to start freaking Gang Wars. The characters were like 80s gimmicks x100 to work in the Attitude Era.

You mean the Oddities that came out with ICP?
You have something you want to tell us?

Slapnuts

Yeah pretty much. There were so many poor wrestlers back then. A lot of the matches were short throwaway garbage, but the gimmicks were soooooo good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They wisely chopped off Neville's dumbo ears for that poster. He almost looks normal!

PWInsider said:
There was talk going around at the weekend house shows that CM Punk was given his official release from WWE on Friday. We have not been able to confirm that and Punk is still shown on the Superstars page of WWE website. We did hear from a few people that spoke to him recently and he is telling them that he is "done".

RIP

Sephzilla

Actually, it's a little strange there's not a lot of love for

Edge & Christian
The Dudleys
Team Extreme

Those guys were insane during 2000/2001

I think those guys are just a packaged entry on the ATTITUDE ERA list. Alone none of them were really that great during the attitude era, but combined they were main event level stuff.

Yeah, I'm pumped for it. It's going to be hard not to be "that guy" that talks about Hell in a Cell etc..

When I interviewed him though, he liked talking about the current state of the business. Apparently he taught Bray Wyatt a move (while wearing a Santa costume) and video taped it. He told me he did it in the suit because he wanted it to be hilarious when it shows up on a "Best of Bray Wyatt" compilation in 10 years.

And no, he wouldn't tell me what the move was!

Yeah, I'm pumped for it. It's going to be hard not to be "that guy" that talks about Hell in a Cell etc..

When I interviewed him though, he liked talking about the current state of the business. Apparently he taught Bray Wyatt a move (while wearing a Santa costume) and video taped it. He told me he did it in the suit because he wanted it to be hilarious when it shows up on a "Best of Bray Wyatt" compilation in 10 years.

And no, he wouldn't tell me what the move was!

You gonna take pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom