• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurudyne

FAVE FIVE ATTITUDE ERA PERSONS

1: Mankind/Dude Love/Cactus Jack/Mick Foley
2-5: SCSA, Rock, Jericho, Angle
HM: Big Boss Man--the man could cut a fucking intense promo. Also: "Hear that?! The Big Show's a bastard and even his momma says so!", then stealing Big Show's dad's coffin from the funeral by chaining it to a trailer hitch and driving off with it.
Shane O Mac--every coast to coast, Titantron elbow drop, blade job and belly to belly through plate glass meant more because why would anyone that rich do these stupid things
Hardy's/E&C/Dudleys after No Mercy '99--tag team gimmick matches really let them shine at the TLCs
Vinnie Mac----the best heel, one not afraid to piss his pants on live TV to sell a storyline

And no, he wouldn't tell me what the move was!

How to sell a pedigree onto thumbtacks.

jmdajr

Dead man's wife is looking ok

9da6cd1c46848b0d69012df50fc99c04.jpeg

I haven't watched wrestling since the attitude era. The announcement of the network made me start to feel some nostalgia, so I watched the History of the WWE on netflix, then last weeks RAW to see what's going on. I was actually surprised that it was pretty good. The guy that really stood out to me was Roman Reigns. He looks like a star. Think I'm going to try the network out and start following a bit more.
Yeah I haven't watched in years but tuned in last week. Really impressed. Lots of quality matches. Don't remember Raw ever being like that. love the two stables the Shield and duck dynasty.

Aiii

So not worth it
GUYS

Is Raw going to be good tonight? Is tonight the night? Bright lights? Hype crowds?
No, next week will be awesome though. This week will be a shit go home show as always, with even more shit than normal because they're saving all the good stuff for next week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Attitude Era is honestly one of my least favorite parts of WWE. Owen was just sort of doing whatever, Stone Cold went from the cool anti-hero to the more popular but catchphrase spewing, 8 moves of doom, etc guy. Pillman was gone. Rock got more attention, and I hated The Rock.

I liked Kurt Angle, but he never felt like an Attitude Era 'guy'. I guess I liked Crash Holly with the Hardcore title.

Striker

Eddie, Edge and Cena's rise came in a different era. Outside the Austin-McMahon rivalry, Foley was another huge piece. He practically made Triple H and those two spots from his Hell in a Cell match with Taker are shown everywhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of that whole 'era', I'm always impressed by how well Bret Hart was able to transition into the more edgy thing that was going on. Of all the people, I would have throught 'no way can pink tights, shades to kids, etc' Bret Hart ever exist in a world with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

But he did. And it made him the best heel for Stone Cold to play off of until Vince.

Yeah, I'm pumped for it. It's going to be hard not to be "that guy" that talks about Hell in a Cell etc..

When I interviewed him though, he liked talking about the current state of the business. Apparently he taught Bray Wyatt a move (while wearing a Santa costume) and video taped it. He told me he did it in the suit because he wanted it to be hilarious when it shows up on a "Best of Bray Wyatt" compilation in 10 years.

And no, he wouldn't tell me what the move was!

Awesome! I had the opportunity to talk to Foley a couple of minutes during last years Wrestlemania-weekend and he was nothing but really generous and kind, great guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLuIN_WtRPg

Fave Five from the Attitude Era

1. Austin
2. Edge and Christian (best tag team of the era)
3. Rock
4. APA (just for Farooq's DAMN! it got me everytime)
5. Angle

Honorable Mention
Y2J
Latino Heat
Benoit
Mr. Monday Night RVD
Tommy Dreamer
Shawn Micheals

I remember staying up late as shit on Tuesdays to watch ECW on PASS sports because they finally started airing ECW's TV tapings at 2 am. I never missed a show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom