• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Raw had a lot of great matches tonight. I'm glad they are giving in ring time to a lot of their talent who really get over based on their wrestling skills and not mic work. I think the trend is really changing in what boxes need to be checked in order to get over in the WWE.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

They gave Cesaro a win over Orton because Orton is on a losing streak blah blah and they had him put over Cena who did the age-old match they do where a guy beats Cena for an entire match, loses the match OUTTA NOWHERE and where Cole talks up how the other guy matched up with Cena, even though he lost, blabla.

Cesaro gets a bit of build for this PPV and will be pushed down the card next week again.

The Shield stuff is amazing, but it scares me how little they think of Rollins and Ambrose, they're not interested in those two at all, it's all about Reigns for them. "LOOK HOW POWERFUL REIGNS IS MAGGLE, I LOVE IT!" even though when Reigns and Ambrose are standing shoulder to shoulder the muscle on Ambrose now is just as big as the muscle on Reigns.

Point is, most of these guys will still end up as midcarders used as enhancement. WWE can prove me otherwise, but esp. Cesaro is just getting the two-week push that'll be dropped as soon as EC is over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I played Titanfall

•The AI is a fucking joke
•Anti-Titan weapons are completely useless and shouldn't exist. If you're not in a titan, good luck killing a titan.
•The shotgun has stupid range. I could kill things with one shot from across a large street on it
•The smart pistol is a terrible idea for a weapon
•The 40mm is so much better than every other weapon. As someone who's used it and had it used on him.

Will play some more after a nap, but the AI and weakness of the anti-Titan weapons really soured my taste.

I will say that the world itself is kind of interesting.
I'm looking forward to your impressions after you play a significant amount of time with it and are enlightened.

Aiii

So not worth it
What am I looking for in here? It's a cesspit of poors at first glance.

EDIT: did some more reading, Does Microsoft have some hidden history of beating European head of households or something? There's a lot of upset people in there catching feels on the basis that MS even exists.

We remember.

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys, I've put up my review of this past week's ROH TV episode. Check it out:

Elgin and Hero Join Forces
elgin-hero.jpg

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...results-and-review-hero-and-elgin-join-forces

I've also written a little preview of Michael Elgin vs. Matt Hardy, which is taking place at the ROH 12th Anniversary show this weekend. Check that out here:

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/roh-12...s-journey-to-the-title-starts-with-matt-hardy

If they get rid of Kinect, knock £100 off the price and show me they've got more up their sleeves than the usual franchises, then maybe I'd consider getting a One. Currently, the only games I'm interested in are Sunset Overdrive and some timed-exclusive indie title I can't recall the name of.

Also, Banished is pretty great, guys. Anyone who loves city building and survival strategy sort of games should check it out.

Aiii

So not worth it
If they get rid of Kinect, knock £100 off the price and show me they've got more up their sleeves than the usual franchises, then maybe I'd consider getting a One. Currently, the only games I'm interested in are Sunset Overdrive and some timed-exclusive indie title I can't recall the name of.

Kinect being included is terrible, but the price I could care less about. The fact that it's less powerful, the fact that the 360 was pretty much shat on for the last 3 or 4 years of the lifecycle as far as exclusives go and the fact I give zero shits about 95% of the shooters out there make the Xbox One a very very bad deal regardless. Not to mention the entire media-bullshit they have in the OS will never work here and I really want the option to not have to pay for stuff like Netflix (honestly I don't need online multiplayer, so I'd rather not pay for it. The only reason I have Plus is because of the games).

All in all, Xbox One is just a terrible deal, I'm sorry Sunny.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't apologize to me, I just have fun when I play games. Your enjoyment or purchase of a system only matters when I go "neat, someone else for leaderboards" or if you want to talk about Dead Rising 3 (because it IS dope!)

Aiii

So not worth it
These "re-post what the Obsever and PWInsider say" sites are adorable when they pretend they're Dave Meltzer and not just click bait.

Actually, WrestleZone is different because WWE occassionally use them to spin a story their way. For instance, they used WrestleZone to spin the AJ/Beadle story to make it seem more tame.

Which makes it even more unreliable than most sheets.

XenoRaven

Guys I played Titanfall

•Anti-Titan weapons are completely useless and shouldn't exist. If you're not in a titan, good luck killing a titan.
•The shotgun has stupid range. I could kill things with one shot from across a large street on it
•The 40mm is so much better than every other weapon. As someone who's used it and had it used on him.

Will play some more after a nap, but the AI and weakness of the anti-Titan weapons really soured my taste.

I will say that the world itself is kind of interesting.
I think I've killed as many Titans with the Heavy Archer Missile Launcher as I have in an actual Titan. It's about staying concealed and tailing a Titan trying to get away, or waiting until an enemy Titan is in a fight with one of your Titans. I agree with everything else though from my limited impressions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The parts where you control a Titan just makes me think MS shoulda used that exclusive money to make a new Mechassault instead

Hasney

Going to laugh when Hogan waddles out during an adbreak shown exclusively on the app and says "Welcome to the network, brothers" and then waddles off so Cole can whitter on incessantly about how you need the app and network to see everything.

G-Fex

Going to laugh when Hogan waddles out during an adbreak shown exclusively on the app and says "Welcome to the network, brothers" and then waddles off so Cole can whitter on incessantly about how you need the app and network to see everything.

Hogan maybe 200 years old but he can still get with the best of them.

He can give us just one more good match.

Nameless

I take it it's pretty much a lock that Orton will win after losing to 4/5 of his Chamber opponents the past few weeks?

The Orton v Batista clusterfuck will be glorious if they're stubborn enough to keep that match as is

jred2k

I take it it's pretty much a lock that Orton will win after losing to 4/5 of his Chamber opponents the past few weeks?

The Orton v Batista clusterfuck will be glorious if they're stubborn enough to keep that match as is

Didn't you hear that pop when they confronted each other last night. Batista was all like "You're an ass." and I was all like "Oh he DID. NOT. JUST. SAY. THAT!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

AI is supposed to function not unlike creeps in DOTA2. They're not supposed to be smart. Then that shit wouldn't be fun.

Anti-Titan weapons aren't useless at all - just another option. Furthermore, having six different people (plus some Spectres) that try to bring down a Titan is a range of people who can chip in. You can also rodeo if you're pitiful at getting rid of Titans.

No comment on the shotgun. I never waste my time with it.

Smart pistol is smart, because it's NOT great. It's good for people to break themselves in to the game, though, and the range is dogshit (for good reason) - I like it, but I don't use it.

40mm is right on though. Messed with quad rockets some last night, enjoyed the bigger splash...a lot. Depends on your goals while in a Titan. It's all based around how YOU play.

Bottom line, Titanfall is legit as fuck. Enjoy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does titanfall even use the kinect?

Don't think so, which makes sense seeing as it's developed for the 360 as well. Which is fine by me - Tomb Raider made shit use of the Kinect. "Either hit the D-pad to pick a weapon or say SWITCH WEAPON" seriously?

I like what I've played of Titanfall, and I'm really not a FPS guy. Love the mobility options!

I'd be down for a One, but that price doesn't bring me in yet. I'll wait until 250 or 300.

jred2k

That list is entirely things that can be addressed with a patch. The most encouraging thing about the beta is that this doesn't look to be an overstuffed mess like BF4. The number of weapons/perks seems manageable enough that it won't be the nightmare to balance that BF3 and BF4 have been.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That list is entirely things that can be addressed with a patch. The most encouraging thing about the beta is that this doesn't look to be an overstuffed mess like BF4. The number of weapons/perks seems manageable enough that it won't be the nightmare to balance that BF3 and BF4 have been.

Thankfully they didn't waste their time on an SP mode. Respawn proving they've still got the goods for fun. Revolutionary it ain't, but they have a magic touch and it shows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh, it's ok. I don't know. I'd like to see the 40mm's ammo taken down by 1 or 2 shots.

Would like to see more variety in the map types as well. I assume there will be more modes than what's up currently.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait until the Network launch so I can go back to a glorious avatar with such majesty.

WBF av? Might happen!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ever since I stopped working in retail, I've just let games pile up. It's kind of nice. I still haven't played Batman Origins or Rayman Legends, so I can wait for a sweet sale.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ever since I stopped working in retail, I've just let games pile up. It's kind of nice. I still haven't played Batman Origins or Rayman Legends, so I can wait for a sweet sale.

Yep, it's nice sometimes. Waiting for Arkham Origins to drop a bit further, already down to 29 Euro now.

Raw64life

Titanfall is still a month a way and I'm already sick of hearing about it. I can't even go to the fucking wrestling thread on here without having to read about it.

If Daniel Bryan isn't in the world title match the crowd is going to shit all over it no matter who Batista's opponent is and they have to realize this by now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Titanfall is still a month a way and I'm already sick of hearing about it. I can't even go to the fucking wrestling thread on here without having to read about it.

Sometimes things are so big, so culturally significant that no matter where you go, people are talking. This time, it's Titanfall. Next week, you'll hear about the WWE Network in all other threads. Available at $9.99 a month (with a six month commitment) your tenner nets you every past WWE, WCW, and ECW Pay-Per-View as well as supplemental content and original programming you can't find anywhere else!

Ok, here's a challenge. I'm gonna contribute to the fuckin Wrasslegaf community to make peace.

Fave five matches of all time. Preferably with links.

I'm gonna do a Top 10 favorite matches with no links because I keep it handy on my phone...

Austin vs. Bret Hart - WMXIII
Austin vs. Dude Love - Over the Edge '98
Jericho vs. HBK - Ladder Match - No Mercy '08
Mankind vs. HBK - Mind Games
Cena vs. HBK - Raw from London - 4/23/07
Edge vs Mick Foley - WMXXII
CM Punk vs Cena - Money in the Bank 2011
The Undertaker & Team Hell No vs. The Shield - Raw - April 22, 2013
Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro (Gauntlet Match) - Raw - 7/22/13
Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena - Summerslam 2013

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have to talk about games in here. I sure as fuck ain't going over there to do it

Also, every time I boot up Origin, I just see SimCity and get pissed all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom